SOS to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I might sound like a complete **************** asking this, but who is SOS.
Plz refrain from commenting that I am one as well

ryan2000 said:
******** sake SOS! Why would you do such a thing to us?

Ahhhhh, ain't that a kick in the nuts!

So what? It's his life, he can work for whoever he wants. And he knocked back a juicy contract from Richmond when relations between him and Elliot were at its worst, so we owe him. Let him decide.

Are we to call Ratten a tratior because he works for Melbourne? We all know that SOS has Carlton in his heart, always will. But we have no right to judge where people have to work when they have a choice. It's not a loyalty issue as he's not a player anymore. And since he's not a player anymore, good luck with him. No ill-feelings here.

dotty_babe said:
I might sound like a complete **************** asking this, but who is SOS.
Plz refrain from commenting that I am one as well

Steven Silvagni, 312 games for Carlton. One of the greatest full backs of all time - one who constantly beat the likes of Ablett, Lockett, Carey, Dunstall, and so on.

He is also a 7 time All-Australian.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dotty_babe said:
Thank u! So why the hell is he at collingwood for. He has carlton written all over him

You're right. Perhaps we could ask Tony Shaw to come back and coach instead. :rolleyes:

I couldn't care less where he's from if he can teach the likes of Tex and Nick Maxwell a bit about the game. May even help the likes of Taz in some way.

Presti_is_god said:
SOS would be an excellent coach for us. You dont get named FB of the Century for nothing.
He aint no Prince of fullbacks... we wuzz robbed!!!

Hopefully it is just a rumour that Steven Silvagni is going to become an Assitant Coach at Collingwood in 2005. Steven Silvagni has the skills now to become an assistant coach, and I think his work at Channel 10 has helped him or will help him in Coaching skills. I n my opinion this year in the commentary box he has been quite good, and spot on with his special comments and he has waht it takes to be good in both media and in the coaching box. But why at Collingwood, it certainly would be a bonus to the club, but Carlton is in his blood, and should be forever. He surely wouldn' do that to Carlton, especially with Collingwood as huge rivals to the Blues.

With the departure of Michael Broadbridge, who has headed back to his home state of Western Australia to join forces with Chris Connolly and Fremantle, it could be true.

But as I said, I hope not.... for Carlton's sake.

The latest is that Gary O donnel had been on top of Colllingwood's wish list in terms of an assistant coach. I think this will be a huge step in the right direction. What are your thoughts????

Lonie_from_50 said:
But why at Collingwood, it certainly would be a bonus to the club, but Carlton is in his blood, and should be forever. He surely wouldn' do that to Carlton, especially with Collingwood as huge rivals to the Blues.

Leigh Matthews played over 300 hundred games, played in 5 premierships for the Hawks. When he retired he coached Collingwood. Gary Ayres the same he decided to coach Geelong. Sheedy - Essendon, Tim Watson -St.Kilda. In fact we have Libba in our ranks now.It happens. Get over it. Just be thankful you have him.

Lonie_from_50 said:
But why at Collingwood, it certainly would be a bonus to the club, but Carlton is in his blood, and should be forever. He surely wouldn' do that to Carlton, especially with Collingwood as huge rivals to the Blues.

Its good to change clubs and get a fresh perspective. Leigh Matthews was only the third "foreign coach" we ever had. The first, Tom Hafey, also had a lot of success.

Besides, Carlton is not the place to be for somebody so deeply involved in the Elliot saga, especially somebody who backed the wrong horse. SOS needs some time away, he's welcome at Collingwood.

Guys i heard this morning that collingwood's prime target for an assistant was Gary O'donnell. I think this would be a great move, as he has been under Lethal in his 4 most successful seasons. I would be great to bring in a successful culture at the Collingwood Football Club.

What are your thoughts???

We should sack neil balme, noel judkins and david buttifant.

We should appoint both o'donnell and silvagni.

Gotch should go as well, lets start afresh with some new people on board
and less yes men.

Remove this Banner Ad

SOS to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back