South Africa Vs West Indies (3 Tests, 3 T20s, 5 ODIs)

Remove this Banner Ad

Narine is out of the world cup squad.

No surprise, considering he hadn't been seen in internationals since the reporting in the Champions League. Considering he just bowled Trinidad and Tobago to victory in the Windies regional 50-over comp, I'd be feeling pretty aggrieved if I was Guyana, considering not even the man himself thinks his action is legal yet he's bowling spells of 6/9 in domestic cricket without a care in the world.

If this means Suliemann Benn gets more opportunity in one-day cricket, I'm all for it. Big fan every since the kicking-down-of-the-South-African-dressing-room-door-in-order-to-taunt-Dale-Steyn incident a few years ago.

361 from 42 overs is scary. Hopefully RSA struggle a little more when up against stronger competition in the world cup.

It's the equivalent of 430 off 50 overs. You'd assume they probably could have topped that, too, if they'd been given another 8 overs, considering how hard everyone was going (Miller, Duminy and Behardien scored a combined 46 off 18 balls). 30 extras (including 20 wides) from the Windies didn't hurt, either.

This all just 10 days after they posted 439 at a different ground, and they did it this time without AB too. Madness.

Amla's ODI average up to a ridiculous 56.41 now, #1 all time from Test-playing nations (Ryan ten Doeschate has an ODI average of 67.00, which is boosted heavily by a large percentage of not outs, as well as play against Associate nations), with by far the lowest percentage of not outs of anyone averaging 45+.

He's the only person in ODI history to average 50+ runs per innings (51.53), and scores more runs per innings in ODIs than he does in Tests ( 52.78 average, 47.92 runs per innings) too. Considering that just two of his 104 ODI innings have see him batting outside of the opening slots (where he batted a "lowly" #3 instead), a position where an average of 35-40 is generally considered "good" in the 50 over game, his record is truly phenomenal.

Does anyone else feel for Jason Holder? I think the guy has got some talent but has really been thrown in at the deep end by leading this side at such a young age and his own game will suffer as a result.

Does anyone else feel for Jason Holder? I think the guy has got some talent but has really been thrown in at the deep end by leading this side at such a young age and his own game will suffer as a result.

Clive Lloyd must be trying to ruin him by making him captain.Still don't get why they just didn't appoint Ramdin captain as he is the Test captain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly suspect some of these grounds are like North Sydney Oval.
Did not Ben Dunk get a double ton in domestic one dayer back in October or November only to see his side still lose ?

Got to admit a Windies attack where medium pacers like Sammy and Russell are part of the more experienced members and probably bowling half trackers on a small ground is quite tasty to face.

Amla's ODI average up to a ridiculous 56.41 now, #1 all time from Test-playing nations (Ryan ten Doeschate has an ODI average of 67.00, which is boosted heavily by a large percentage of not outs, as well as play against Associate nations), with by far the lowest percentage of not outs of anyone averaging 45+.

He's the only person in ODI history to average 50+ runs per innings (51.53), and scores more runs per innings in ODIs than he does in Tests ( 52.78 average, 47.92 runs per innings) too. Considering that just two of his 104 ODI innings have see him batting outside of the opening slots (where he batted a "lowly" #3 instead), a position where an average of 35-40 is generally considered "good" in the 50 over game, his record is truly phenomenal.
I don't think the world truly appreciates how good Amla's record is in the one day form.

You could almost call him the Bradman of ODI's from a stats perspective.

Shouldn't be in the side, let alone captaining the side

Remove this Banner Ad

South Africa Vs West Indies (3 Tests, 3 T20s, 5 ODIs)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back