Southern Football League - Division 3 talk only!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the feeling Doveton will be a bit the same as Dandy, big long bombs with not a heap of run. I think thats where Canterbury will expose the eagles and given that the big FF isn't playing then goals might be harder to come by. Time will tell. Mount are super quick and will be right up there.

We r probably one of the shortest teams in Divy 3 apart from Mussa, Rama n Big Hugh we r a small running side with a quickish mid field so it will be interesting on sat will be a great game n a good test for us boys!!

I get the feeling Doveton will be a bit the same as Dandy, big long bombs with not a heap of run. I think thats where Canterbury will expose the eagles and given that the big FF isn't playing then goals might be harder to come by. Time will tell. Mount are super quick and will be right up there.
Alot of talk of how good Mt. are. They have only won 1 finals game since 1998, and only appearing in 2 finals series!!! That would sugest to me that all you have to do is applly finals pressurre during the year and they will crack.... Thats if they are as good as everyone is suggessting.
:D:D:D

We r probably one of the shortest teams in Divy 3 apart from Mussa, Rama n Big Hugh we r a small running side with a quickish mid field so it will be interesting on sat will be a great game n a good test for us boys!!

A few things I'm interested in seeing and will enjoy about this weekend are: Canterbury do not have any players in the mould of Mussa or Rama so unable to train and try things to prepare for that area of the contest. Also I'm hanging out to see Scratcha, Wright and Humpa go head to head with some of the best midfielders of the comp.. I can't imagine there will be a lot of tags being applied by either team?? Surely this will be where the game is to be won or lost? I've heard good things about humpa and wright was good last week. Will they match it (physicality, speed and skill) My money is that Canterbury will just have the edge in speed, quicker than last year and physicality was questioned last year so a point to prove?
Any thoughts Corey - you seem to make the most sense on this thread.
Where do you think you will be able to get the advantage over cerberus? they were fit and will take some matching in that area.

They have won more finals than duffton in the last 2 years.

my tips for round 1 are as follows:

skye- look to have recruited well should do it easy 83pts

mount- looking to make up from last year 38pts

dandy- should be able to hold off a late charging yarra 20pts

duffton- could go either way kick in it 5pts

Alot of talk of how good Mt. are. They have only won 1 finals game since 1998, and only appearing in 2 finals series!!! That would sugest to me that all you have to do is applly finals pressurre during the year and they will crack.... Thats if they are as good as everyone is suggessting.

that post almost out trumps the other young doveton boys posts... i hope those smileys at the end are indicating your whole post was a joke?

A few things I'm interested in seeing and will enjoy about this weekend are: Canterbury do not have any players in the mould of Mussa or Rama so unable to train and try things to prepare for that area of the contest. Also I'm hanging out to see Scratcha, Wright and Humpa go head to head with some of the best midfielders of the comp.. I can't imagine there will be a lot of tags being applied by either team?? Surely this will be where the game is to be won or lost? I've heard good things about humpa and wright was good last week. Will they match it (physicality, speed and skill) My money is that Canterbury will just have the edge in speed, quicker than last year and physicality was questioned last year so a point to prove?
Where do you think you will be able to get the advantage over cerberus? they were fit and will take some matching in that area.
I thought the consensus was that Rama has a wedding this week. Should be a lot easier for Canterbury to just deal with Mussared. I may be wrong Scratcha, but you seem to play more across half back than midfield every time I've seen you.

blac no your place mate, I wouldnt be bagging senior coaches unless i was playing seniors?????

sorry, i'll reserve my comments because i play ****** ressies, just like you did only a couple of years ago madman. obviously because you have played 2 years of high quality senior div 3 sfl footy, you are now highly qualified and permitted to give your opinion!! i'm sorry!!

I really cant wait to meet you.
All up i couldnt really give a toss whether Rama plays or not, but unlike yourself fatboy i try and post things that have something to do with football.
In the future ill try to post things that you wont have a childish comeback to.
Good luck to everybody this week, it has been the longest off season ever it feels like.

now how is that football related corey???:confused:

I thought the consensus was that Rama has a wedding this week. Should be a lot easier for Canterbury to just deal with Mussared. I may be wrong Scratcha, but you seem to play more across half back than midfield every time I've seen you.

are you $hitting me??? rama has a wedding??? we're screwed!! the seniors that is, i'm a ****** ressie!!

Scratcha, you seem to forget that we played several years in Div 2, as well as having a year in recess. Anything between 2000 and 2004 was a fight to survive, let alone win games. Anyway, we've played 3 finals series since 1998, if you count the reserves in 1999.

that post almost out trumps the other young doveton boys posts... i hope those smileys at the end are indicating your whole post was a joke?

Its actually a fair point mount finished on top n were never a chance to take the cup so in my opinion wasted year for nothing in return!!!!

Where do you think you will be able to get the advantage over cer
berus? they were fit and will take some matching in that area.

Wrighty plays half forward and has for years and I play off the half back and have for years. Unless we struggle in the middle. (Some years we do and some years we dont). We have the speed and the talent in the guts, maybe just not the experience, but it will come in the next few years if the boys stick around!!! Unfortunalty you can never predict if players will stay for the long haul when you dont produce the bucks!
Will be interesting with Canterbury and their Midfield. They have a gun ruckman but once again how can a great team ( which they are for Div 3) get beat by 8 goals both games in finals. Front Runners??????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scratcha, you seem to forget that we played several years in Div 2, as well as having a year in recess. Anything between 2000 and 2004 was a fight to survive, let alone win games. Anyway, we've played 3 finals series since 1998, if you count the reserves in 1999.
What years were you in Div 2??? We played div 2 in 96, 97 & 98, then played you guys in 99 in Div 3!!!!
Nothing against the reserve contingent but the Ressies dont count when you talking finals for clubs! Its too easy to drop players... Ala Dandy... half way though a season to play off in finals only to have the seniors come near to last! While winning a Reserves Premeirship is fantastic, clubs should be striving for senior glory!

Its actually a fair point mount finished on top n were never a chance to take the cup so in my opinion wasted year for nothing in return!!!!
Never a chance to win the cup.:confused:
A draw after 4 quarters, and only 1 point after extra time. Gee i would have thought that there was a pretty good chance there. Especially when we had more scoring shots.

Obviously you don't need to pass an IQ test to get onto these forums.:eek:

I think you'll find a very good Cobras outfit tomorrow Scratcha. Front runners?? I don't think so. If all the talk is about Rama not playing blah blah then the eagles are obviously worried whose going to slot them through the big sticks.

Never a chance to win the cup.:confused:
A draw after 4 quarters, and only 1 point after extra time. Gee i would have thought that there was a pretty good chance there. Especially when we had more scoring shots.

Obviously you don't need to pass an IQ test to get onto these forums.:eek:

No MOC you most certainly do not.

Judging by most of the crap that has been on here lately I would say as long you can afford a PC or in Doveton's case steal one you can go for your life.

Will be great to get back out there this week, can't wait.

Man I cant Bloody wait for tomorrow, I am Pumped!!! God its gunna be good to run around again!!!

after havin a year off, tomorrow is gunna feel great!!

I do not expect to have a easy game at all tomorrow, I'm tippin Cerberus, who have match fitness on us, are gunna be fit, quick and just as ready for us as we will for them!! Home ground advantage will be handy for us, we have trained on the ground well, and our set plays and game plans that corey has introduced seem to fit our players nicely!!

I obviously believe we are gunna win, but I think it will be alot closer than many think, but as people have said, in the 1st 3-4 rounds the margin of victories doesnt really mater, its about gettinmg through the 1st month 4-0, 3-1 or at the worst case 2-2 and be hitting your peak by about round 5 i reckon!!!

God luck to all teams tomorrow, hopefully no injuries!!

Cantebury and Doveton will be a great game. If doveton can win without Rama, then watch out Div 3, But Cantebury are all class, the 2 times we have played against them they have been extremely well drilled, and I cant see anyone beating them on that Ground of there's!!

Mt Waverly should win also, but dont expect them to be playing at peak straight away, I'm sure MLion will be fine with the win and building up from there!

Dandy and the Yarra boys will be another pearler i reckon, alot of talk about both sides over the offseason, especially dandy, will be great to see who wins that encounter!!

Really i am just crappin on now, Good luck to all, No injuries, lets keep all our players on the park for the Year and have a Fair, fisety and even comp!!!

Man I cant Bloody wait for tomorrow, I am Pumped!!! God its gunna be good to run around again!!!

after havin a year off, tomorrow is gunna feel great!!

I do not expect to have a easy game at all tomorrow, I'm tippin Cerberus, who have match fitness on us, are gunna be fit, quick and just as ready for us as we will for them!! Home ground advantage will be handy for us, we have trained on the ground well, and our set plays and game plans that corey has introduced seem to fit our players nicely!!

I obviously believe we are gunna win, but I think it will be alot closer than many think, but as people have said, in the 1st 3-4 rounds the margin of victories doesnt really mater, its about gettinmg through the 1st month 4-0, 3-1 or at the worst case 2-2 and be hitting your peak by about round 5 i reckon!!!

God luck to all teams tomorrow, hopefully no injuries!!

Cantebury and Doveton will be a great game. If doveton can win without Rama, then watch out Div 3, But Cantebury are all class, the 2 times we have played against them they have been extremely well drilled, and I cant see anyone beating them on that Ground of there's!!

Mt Waverly should win also, but dont expect them to be playing at peak straight away, I'm sure MLion will be fine with the win and building up from there!

Dandy and the Yarra boys will be another pearler i reckon, alot of talk about both sides over the offseason, especially dandy, will be great to see who wins that encounter!!

Really i am just crappin on now, Good luck to all, No injuries, lets keep all our players on the park for the Year and have a Fair, fisety and even comp!!!
A bit of a contradiction there MM.
Get off the fence!
Looks like you might be a late withdrawal with a bad case of splinters in your @rse.:D:D:D

Don't you just love idle banter it's great stop taking the piss out of us,surely you aren't serious if ours was wasted what was yours !!!!;)

I will take it on board Geoff :)

I didnt mean I was actually tipping cerberus, I meant I am tippin they have a little better Match fitness knumbskull!!

I wouldve thought that was obvious!!

But just for the little bit slower people like you MOC, I am obviously predicting a Skye Victory!!

Seriously some people.........

Good luck to all, No injuries, lets keep all our players on the park for the Year and have a Fair, fisety and even comp!!!
Just curious as to what this word is MadMan?

Who are Graeme Kinder and Brad Milikins? I'm going to assume that there hasn't been a coup against our old friend M-Lion and the SFL Record for Round 1 has old coach names, as Muscat is mentioned in one of the articles. Interesting to note (unless it is a mistake) that Mick Allen is back on board with Sandown, and Mick Rossborough has come back to take on the twos again. :D

Just curious as to what this word is MadMan?

Who are Graeme Kinder and Brad Milikins? I'm going to assume that there hasn't been a coup against our old friend M-Lion and the SFL Record for Round 1 has old coach names, as Muscat is mentioned in one of the articles. Interesting to note (unless it is a mistake) that Mick Allen is back on board with Sandown, and Mick Rossborough has come back to take on the twos again. :D
Muscat - 1's Coach
Kinder - 2's Coach
Milikins - 3's Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back