Southern Football League - Division 3 talk only!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many times.... This has to be the 3rd.

Get some new material please, you're BORING!!!

Oh! Oh! Did someone forget to refresh his computer my furry little friend. It may be boring but its only gone around once. I thought a bloke like you "Dougie Conlan" would have a few more footy related things to talk about on this forum.
Bit of rain around this week boys could make some of the grounds turn to mud already, I hope ours is ok. The council has asked us not to train on our ground if it has rained for a couple of days, is anyone else in the same boat?

after observing both the canterbury firsts and seconds on the weekend i thought they were extremely dominant and look like they will be a strong contender for the flag....one bloke who stood out in the seconds was bloke named willow......havent heard of him before but.. if, which he will after the weekends performance plays ones against mt waverley i would put my house on canterbury winning

after observing both the canterbury firsts and seconds on the weekend i thought they were extremely dominant and look like they will be a strong contender for the flag....one bloke who stood out in the seconds was bloke named willow......havent heard of him before but.. if, which he will after the weekends performance plays ones against mt waverley i would put my house on canterbury winning
That is a strange statemant he played one's against doveton got named there 6th best player and then dropped,what goes on their obviously an oversight on the selection committees side. :rolleyes:

That is a strange statemant he played one's against doveton got named there 6th best player and then dropped,what goes on their obviously an oversight on the selection committees side. :rolleyes:
worry about your own selection muppet, selection comittee don't pick the best. Unfortunately for willow he had 7 kicked on him, went back played two's, copped it on the chin and played really well, which is a credit to himself and shows what sort of a bloke he is. there were 4 other blokes that also got dropped and they too did well.

M - Lion im quite offended by u saying it was a strange statement....no need for that just putting my thoughts out there

so whats the deal with sandown cobras......are they goin down? as in folding cause not enough players or will they make it through the year?

There always speculation about the Cobras even back in Nov-Dec good too see the guys having a go lets all hope that they stick it out until the end of the year and beyond as the big picture is SFL Div3 cannot afford to lose another club. If SFL do lose another Div 3 club what does that say about the SFL ? and also will we all be put into Div 2 remembering there was 5 Divisions as Divy 3 has not been able to attract any others clubs ?oops!! maybe Carrum downs/Skye:cool:

Sandown Cobras will easily make it through the year, they will also improve greatly, Sandown V cerberus will be a Cracker, I am tipping Cerberus at this early stage, but Sandown will improve immensly

Quoted directly from the Leader....

""Despite going down to Skye by 93 points at Edinburgh Reserve, Sandown Cobras showed glimpses of a brighter future. Coach Frank "Chuck" Yaman believes his charges will start bothering a few sides once they get to know each other a little better.
"It's no secret that most of these blokes didn't do a pre-season, so it's going to take time for them to gel," he said. "We played well in patches, but our lack of fitness let us down in the end."
Yaman reckons the final score flattered the Bombers.:confused::confused::confused:
"We had the ball inside our forward fifty as often as they did, but couldn't finish off.
"But there were plenty of promising signs for us.
"Once our blokes get to know each other better and with some valuable experience coming into the side over the next few weeks, we'll be a much better side."
Yaman's brother Fedah, was one of the Cobras' leading contributors, booting four goals, while Aaron Powell, Memet Cayhan, Paul Wright, Michael Sinclair and hard-working ruckman Daniel Mulvogue were among their better players.""

dandy vs doveon this week lads, and there is a lot of hate between these teams, espeacially with all the dealings in the off season with a few dandy boys heading to the eagles. Was talking to a few of the dandy boys last week after the game and it is going to be on from the first bounce, good luck to who ever plays on the show, you'll need it!!! Dandy by 2 goals;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dandy vs doveon this week lads, and there is a lot of hate between these teams, espeacially with all the dealings in the off season with a few dandy boys heading to the eagles. Was talking to a few of the dandy boys last week after the game and it is going to be on from the first bounce, good luck to who ever plays on the show, you'll need it!!! Dandy by 2 goals;)

Smuu very interesting tip, let me try to understand

Doveton Play Cantebury, Doveton beat Cantebury

Dandy Play cantebury, Cantebury Smash Dandy

Dandy play Doveton, u pick Dandy??????

Care to maybe explain your tip a little more, from what I understand, you are more impressed by dandy, even though they played badly against cantebury and Doveton obviously played well against cantebury???

this is a interesting tip

Steve Kent can coach.

They have the players down at dandy, just give them a few weeks to gel and they will be right in the second half of the year leading into finals.

Thats my tip anyway.

Same thing was said last year. Lost a lot of games in the earlier rounds while trying to "gel". They won a lot towards the end but just missed out. So yeah, could happen again this year if they are up to the task.

Seems dandy need that "gel" process at the start of every year, maybe they should try keeping players like Black, Handfield etc for longer than 1 season at a time.

Is it true that Dandy and Doveton play for The Stolen Hubcap Cup but it won't awarded at the end of the game because yet again it has been stolen.

Hey bigwilly the "stolen hubcap cup" I like it !! A couple of points, if my memory serve's me Dandy started the season off a hell of alot better last year than this year they beat Sth Yarra at home I think were won 2 of first 3 they also didn't appear to gel at the end of the season either as there commitee fell apart as did there last 5 or 6 rounds, anyway they appear likely to let another one slip this week as Canterbury cant change by about 120+ odd points in a week !! so Madman your assesment of SSU228 is spot on pal ! and allway's remember the old saying that a coach is only as good as his players and the (club) committee's commitment to be succesful :cool:

Is it true that Dandy and Doveton play for The Stolen Hubcap Cup but it won't awarded at the end of the game because yet again it has been stolen.

No, they've got an upscale European sponsor now and it's been changed to the...

Lada Laugh.

And before you ask if they're russian... the cars arn't that quick

Big Willy, if you are going to heckle clubs due to the area that they are based in then at least check your posts before submitting it.

One can only think that you might of been educated in one of these areas ?

( but it won't awarded at the end of the game )

By the way both clubs have requested that you return the Hubcap to allow the presentation at the end of the game to be held.

SMUU28, you are full of S##t the only players that left from Dandy were reserve players.

So I am assuming that the so called players you were talking to were reserve players?

As for your tip Dandy by 2 goals I do appreciate your attempt for comedy as I see Madman at least bought into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back