Southern Football League (Vic) Division 3 Seniors & Reserves 2015

2015 Premiership

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not surprised at all that you choose not to address the club's Van Shajik decision from last year...nor is it surprising that you don't address the 2004 premiership 2's side or any of the numerous stacked sides Dandenong qualified in the 10 years in between - the point, which you seem unable or unwilling to counter, is that for at least a decade Dandy has has shamefully traded doing the hard yards and building a successful culture in favor of gaining an unfair advantage to challenge for reserves flags.

It's a loser's culture that has the reward of the odd big night of celebration at the expense of playing for a club with integrity that is building toward something - clearly, it doesn't work.

The last time they did it was last year, so it's not exactly ancient history.

I've been involved in this league (mostly div 3) since the late 90's - it's been common over that time to have club officials, presidents, coaches, players say to me that Dandy were stacking their 2's...depending on the year, sometimes i've heard it up to 8-10 times in a season whilst having a beer with the opposition after games. Had at least 4 clubs off the top of my head mention it to me last year, each time with a roll of the eyes and the "here they go again" theme to the conversation....not one of them were surprised it was happening yet again. Truth is everyone who's been around this division for a while knows it, and based on Van Shajik etc it's still happening as recently as last year.

It would seem a current Dandy person in "IS75" confirms what you deny just a few posts above when he/she says "Sure, we've done things wrong in the past but we as a group are trying to break away from a 'reserves' club mentality."

If that's finally the case from this year onwards, good...i applaud the current board and playing group for attempting to change and make up for what has been a shameful period for the club if that's what they're finally doing. But i'll give you the tip - don't bother bullshitting yourself into thinking "every club does that", because as i and several others have pointed out, NO THEY FARKING DON'T. Making your club a laughing stock for the sake of challenging for a 2's flag is not something almost anyone outside of Dandenong has done in my time in the SFL.

No, I didn't mention the Van Shajik or the 2004 premiership side because I don't know about them, so it's wrong of me to comment on what I don't know, whilst pretty sure you weren't part of the club so you wouldn't have a clue either, only what you perceive on the outside, so really, it's an opinion. Opinions are like rrrsoles. Also, I didn't say every club does it, I said it happens in country footy all the time which makes clubs that achieve reserves and senior flags in the same year so very special, particularly outside of metro.

I can only comment on what I know, and that's for the three years I was at the club, during which we made a 2's grand final in 2010, there was none of that stuff going on, which is why I think what you said was bollocks. In your comments you taint what was an amazing season by the 2010 reserves boys. lost the first 4 or 5 games badly, then won away at Hampton and only lost a handful of games after that on the way to the finals, then to be down at 3/4 time in the prelim and 3 blokes playing the best quarters of footy seen meant we won to make the GF, and losing the GF to an undefeated fantastic Mt Waverly team that would have gone alright in the seniors all things being equal.

in that team, 2 blokes over 40, a couple of first year players, some new players particularly kids under 20, and a fringe senior player, but the whole group being the group that played together all year (albeit losing some good players mid-season). One of the best groups I've ever been involved in and I'm sure the year before or the year after, the same group wouldn't have got as far, but the boys extracted everything out of themselves they possibly could at the right time. A lot of that team is still there, some have moved on, some took on committee posts, but all in all that group became a strong nucleus of friends that still hold the same club values today.

That's why I take issue with opinion posts like yours. I don't care who you're involved with, I don't care who you are, but applying a broadbrush approach to a club and it's "culture" is just poor. There's clubs I've dealt with in all my years who I can lob into different categories and I'm sure if you took enough time, you could have something bad to say about every single club in every single league - even yours. The volunteers in a club don't appreciate your comments because they're not getting paid, they're attending a club and helping out a community they believe in for nix. The players don't appreciate it. These are blokes that pay to play footy and you're taking pot shots at what they achieve.

And all you have to go on is one reserves premiership from 11 years ago, and you're correlating that to one bloke playing reserves last year as your basis to slag a clubs culture.

Word just in private Hudson is wearing the Guernsey this week for endeavour hills. Kicked 100+ 3 seasons running and now making a cameo appearance for the falcons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Johannson moorabin.williams black rock Wilkin mount. lello cpl Shane peake end hills.
March cpl . Tormey lyndale . Cellini sth yarra.
Toan ashwood. Beecroft mount.

Have you been Black Rock's best player this year willowj?

As you would know spotts, the great thing about us this year is you probably couldn't say theres been 1 better player for the year as yet. Much to like down the hangar in 2015!
I love how much excitement there is after 5 rounds. Also love blokes talking smack about players when they don't watch games, really speaks volumes!
No point peaking in May boys
one thing I learnt from the end of last season, she's a long year!

Remove this Banner Ad

Southern Football League (Vic) Division 3 Seniors & Reserves 2015

Back