Southern Football League (Vic) Division 3 Seniors & Reserves 2015

2015 Premiership

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Only reason Endeavour Hills are getting paid out on because after 2 wins they had 2-3 guys come on here banging on about how good they are gonna be this year. Meanwhile, not a peep from Hallam so no ones talking about em.

Nos has nailed it, and I find it a bit strange. EH started last year in a similar fashion and were getting flogged by the end of the year. Looks a bit silly potting a team who has played in the GF for the past 2 years.

Sth yarra beat cpl on saturday, well done they deserved to win, came out hard and sustained it for 4 qtrs. congrats, but for there coach to come out and say its there best win in the clubs history apart from the grand final hahahaha thats a joke!! To sth yarra it was there 2nd best win ever, to cpl it was just a game of footy in round 5.

The hills 2's gave our boys quite a touch up which shows the depth is there, having watched the way the reserves from hills I was quite worried at the strength of the ones. The seniors were outmatched by more than two players against us... We had plenty of contriubuters that game, however I felt hills had many senior players who weren't quite up to it, having said that there were plenty of reserves who could fill those positions so I think they are yet to field their best possible 22.
Alot of our better players just had a junk day. . . I couldnt believe the difference in moorabins depth. A few injuries.to senior players and they could be tested. . Good bunch of fellas

Sth yarra beat cpl on saturday, well done they deserved to win, came out hard and sustained it for 4 qtrs. congrats, but for there coach to come out and say its there best win in the clubs history apart from the grand final hahahaha thats a joke!! To sth yarra it was there 2nd best win ever, to cpl it was just a game of footy in round 5.

And they only won by 16 points hahaha they acted like they won the grand final. My moneys on cpl flogging em next meeting.

Some of the crap some of use r coming up with is mis informed garbage. I'm from dandy and to say our coach is yelling for us to knock blokes out from the sidelines and that all we want do is fight is just not true. Our coach has NEVER said that and never would and its a bit rich coming from a mount player wen there coach openly abuses players from the safety of the coaches box
Majority of incidents that have happened have been in retaliation from coping one first but where not gonna come on here and winge bout it like lil girls it's football Ur gonna get a hit or 2 that rnt fair big deal wat happens on the field should stay there. there may have been a couple of things come out of pure frustration from the one sided play but that's football anyone claiming otherwise is living under a rock
As far as having players playing 2s that should be 1s there is a couple I believe should be in the 1s but refuse togo up for there own reasons I don't like but u can't do anything bout it.
we will keep trying our best to win games like the weekend and trying to rebuild the club into a winning culture again

Dandenong are a sad club and have always done this sort of thing.....par for the course.

Van Shijak (lost an senior SFL league b&f by 1 vote in 2013) curiously couldn't get past a certain number of senior games in 2014, despite dominating every game he played in the 2's on his way to qualifying for that side's finals campaign.

Coincidentally the 1's weren't in contention, and the 2's were.

A player that good should have the integrity to insist he play ones.....at the first opportunity, he left the club and plays 10 mins from Dandenong in 2015.

Happy to say it didn't work this time and they didn't win yet another cheapened, stacked 2's flag from it. However anyone who's been around this league for a while knows how they operate, and allocates appropriate levels of respect their way as a result.

Dandenong have been known for a long time (well over a decade) for often having a shite 1's and playing over qualified players to snag wins in their 2's (their 2004 reserves premiership side was just ridiculous). #shitculture #itsdivythreereservesyouspanners

I'm not sure where to start on this. Part of me wants to dive into straight abuse at such drivel, the other part of me wants to ignore it and let it die the slow death this sort of commentary deserves.

I'm not sure how long some people have been around senior football, but by the suggestions of this poster, it seems like it's not long and limited to maybe one league. The facts are in country footy (where I've got my most experience) this happens a lot. A 1's side will battle all year and then at the last maybe 3-5 weeks assess where they're at and maybe drop a couple of the fringe senior players to the 2's who can qualify to bolster up the side leading into the September. it's widely known in country footy, everyone does it, and it's par for the course.

As far as my experience with Dandenong (I'm not going to comment on the Van Shajik experience because unlike others, I'd rather comment on what I know rather than what I don't) but they have struggled in the 1's because the 1's haven't been good enough. When they were good enough, surprise, they go alright in the finals (circa 2012). In my experience it was the players that chose to play reserves because they didn't want to train 2 nights or couldn't be stuffed committing to the things you need to do to be a successful senior team (i.e fitness, not getting poleaxed every week, etc) or, they were 2's players that were great in reserves but couldn't perform to the same standard in the seniors so were lower half senior fringe players.

Personally, from afar seeing teams like the 2010 Mt Waverly team's that seniors and reserves played in the GF, that's a massive achievement to be able to have enough decent footballers showing a level of commitment to want to achieve. I've been part of a club that has achieved that level of success and can say it's one of the greatest experiences to ever have, to have not only 25-30 of your mates involves but to have 60 or more of your mates plus support staff all the way from the dinner ladies to the scoreboard attendant. Clubs strive for that, and Dandy is trying to achieve that like any other club.

it's division 3 reserves. Blokes that pay to play footy, that play for the love of the game, blokes from various experiences from 1st year senior U18s to 40yo blokes still playing because they love singing the song and being part of a great environment. Some people have to get some perspective.

TL;DR - What you said about Dandy was bollocks.

Alot of our better players just had a junk day. . . I couldnt believe the difference in moorabins depth. A few injuries.to senior players and they could be tested. . Good bunch of fellas

We've already had a few injuries to senior players and luckily been able to cover positions with players from the reserves, so depth shouldn't be any concern. Our reserves have still shown positives being 4-1, despite an obviously dissapointing game against a solid hills reserves team which I think next time around should be a much closer result.

I'm from dandy and to say our coach is yelling for us to knock blokes out from the sidelines

Never said that. I said your coach was openly abusing umpires at every opportunity. "If you muppets are going to rob me, at least put a mask on". Expletives removed, otherwise, direct quote.

there may have been a couple of things come out of pure frustration from the one sided play but that's football anyone claiming otherwise is living under a rock

Hitting someone from behind 100m off the play is "just football" is it? Your #9 full back starting with jumper punches before the game has even started comes about because of "one sided play" does it? More than half your team were hell bent on abusing the umpires that day. And every time a free kick was paid for abuse, they just piled on even more abuse. Most of them need to learn to shut up and play football. That's all I'm saying. Get rid of the talk back, ignore going for the man behind play and focus on the sherrin. Not that hard to do. To say any of that stuff is "part of the game" you need your head read.

You'll be surprised how much more you enjoy the game when you take that other junk out.

Long time follower, first time poster.
Some will know who I am. I'm only here to try and set the record straight.
I'm not too sure why the hate is all there for Dandenong, but, as a club we're no different to anyone. We're trying to provide a environment for people to come and play local footy and win more than we lose along the way.
Sure, we've done things wrong in the past but we as a group are trying to break away from a 'reserves' club mentality and become a viable local sporting club.
This year, we have lost about 20 players and that has been due to guys going back to original clubs, playing at a higher level and/or getting paid. In addition to losing 15 senior players the year before, it's amazing the club is still existing. From Round 1 when we had 4 thirds players to fielding 3 full sides on Saturday and enjoying 3 wins PLUS getting a Netball side on court for season 2015 is quite an achievement.
I can write this with hand on heart and tell you we pay our senior coach and our trainers, no one else. We do offer incentives for all three grades plus our Netballers. Unfortunately we're in an Aussie Rules demographic nightmare and have no juniors and not a massive sponsorship base, not through any fault of our own.
We owe the league $0 which I guarantee is not something every club can claim. We won best conducted club last year so we must be doing something right.
We have appointed a hard working old fashioned footballer as a senior coach and is as tough as nails and will help to change the mentality and perception of the club. We as a club are rebuilding and hoping to develop and be a success. We don't have the cash of some clubs, maybe the VAFA is an option for us.
Like all clubs, the committee works hard and is small in numbers, we put on functions, advertise them but unfortunately, much of our playing group don't support them, which is something we as a club need to address.
We know where our weaknesses and strengths are......I'm not going hide behind an alias or take pot shots. I'm here sticking up for my club and pointing out we're no different to any of the other club. Not sure why the hate is there for us. I for one look at Sandown and this year Endeavour Hills and through hatred Mount Waverley and think how good - not lucky, they have turned the club around. Sandown 10 years ago got kicked from the EFL, Mt Waverley were in recess and Endeavour Hills were not born. If we can take some from each of them, maybe we can be who we want to be and get where we want to be.

Until you get away from your alias and stop taking pot shots at volunteers on a forum, shut up.......

Long time follower, first time poster.
Some will know who I am. I'm only here to try and set the record straight.
I'm not too sure why the hate is all there for Dandenong, but, as a club we're no different to anyone. We're trying to provide a environment for people to come and play local footy and win more than we lose along the way.
Sure, we've done things wrong in the past but we as a group are trying to break away from a 'reserves' club mentality and become a viable local sporting club.
This year, we have lost about 20 players and that has been due to guys going back to original clubs, playing at a higher level and/or getting paid. In addition to losing 15 senior players the year before, it's amazing the club is still existing. From Round 1 when we had 4 thirds players to fielding 3 full sides on Saturday and enjoying 3 wins PLUS getting a Netball side on court for season 2015 is quite an achievement.
I can write this with hand on heart and tell you we pay our senior coach and our trainers, no one else. We do offer incentives for all three grades plus our Netballers. Unfortunately we're in an Aussie Rules demographic nightmare and have no juniors and not a massive sponsorship base, not through any fault of our own.
We owe the league $0 which I guarantee is not something every club can claim. We won best conducted club last year so we must be doing something right.
We have appointed a hard working old fashioned footballer as a senior coach and is as tough as nails and will help to change the mentality and perception of the club. We as a club are rebuilding and hoping to develop and be a success. We don't have the cash of some clubs, maybe the VAFA is an option for us.
Like all clubs, the committee works hard and is small in numbers, we put on functions, advertise them but unfortunately, much of our playing group don't support them, which is something we as a club need to address.
We know where our weaknesses and strengths are......I'm not going hide behind an alias or take pot shots. I'm here sticking up for my club and pointing out we're no different to any of the other club. Not sure why the hate is there for us. I for one look at Sandown and this year Endeavour Hills and through hatred Mount Waverley and think how good - not lucky, they have turned the club around. Sandown 10 years ago got kicked from the EFL, Mt Waverley were in recess and Endeavour Hills were not born. If we can take some from each of them, maybe we can be who we want to be and get where we want to be.

Until you get away from your alias and stop taking pot shots at volunteers on a forum, shut up.......
I think you have missed the point, it's not the voluteers they are having a crack at. Maybe you need to have more influence on the paid 'problem'.

Never said that. I said your coach was openly abusing umpires at every opportunity. "If you muppets are going to rob me, at least put a mask on". Expletives removed, otherwise, direct quote.

Hitting someone from behind 100m off the play is "just football" is it? Your #9 full back starting with jumper punches before the game has even started comes about because of "one sided play" does it? More than half your team were hell bent on abusing the umpires that day. And every time a free kick was paid for abuse, they just piled on even more abuse. Most of them need to learn to shut up and play football. That's all I'm saying. Get rid of the talk back, ignore going for the man behind play and focus on the sherrin. Not that hard to do. To say any of that stuff is "part of the game" you need your head read.

You'll be surprised how much more you enjoy the game when you take that other junk out.
And that post wasn't just aimed towards u someone did say our coach was telling us to knock out the opposition

I thought our coach was pretty tame considering how bad the umpiring has been
But that's besides I actually agree wit u up until the weekend the umpire abuse has been bad and it's something we focused on the weekend and will keep it goin cause it gets us nowhere
Ur telling me uve never been jumper punched on the field? Or can't handle a lil bump wen talking crap to the opposition? Maybe u r in the wrong sport a netball skirt could be more ur taste
I noticed u didn't talk about ur c*** head coach abusing players while there on the field hiding behind his coaches box
Or the unsportsmanlike by not coming into the rooms for Atleast 1 beer which I think every club should to help out local footy clubs 4of ur players did which was good but piss poor by the rest of ur club I thought

And that post wasn't just aimed towards u someone did say our coach was telling us to knock out the opposition

I thought our coach was pretty tame considering how bad the umpiring has been
But that's besides I actually agree wit u up until the weekend the umpire abuse has been bad and it's something we focused on the weekend and will keep it goin cause it gets us nowhere
Ur telling me uve never been jumper punched on the field? Or can't handle a lil bump wen talking crap to the opposition? Maybe u r in the wrong sport a netball skirt could be more ur taste
I noticed u didn't talk about ur c*** head coach abusing players while there on the field hiding behind his coaches box
Or the unsportsmanlike by not coming into the rooms for Atleast 1 beer which I think every club should to help out local footy clubs 4of ur players did which was good but piss poor by the rest of ur club I thought
Number six giving a elbow breaking our players jaw behind play? Yeah that seems fair? You can always tell a peanut when they try to punch on with someone that wouldn't hurt a fly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Number six giving a elbow breaking our players jaw behind play? Yeah that seems fair? You can always tell a peanut when they try to punch on with someone that wouldn't hurt a fly
It wasn't number 6 in that contest and from wat I seen I didn't think it was an elbow I couldbe wrong I wasn't directly at the contest I'm sure he wasn't trying to break his jaw I've coped elbows this year too from every club we've played not the first time I've coped em on the field I'm sure it won't be the last

Anyway I'm off this site just got on to set something's straight cause I heard some blatant untruths obviously not everyone's gonna like it so be it I'm not gonna lose any sleep see use on the field

Looks like you were wrong here Dave G.

South Yarra an infinitely better team at home. Who do CPL play next week? Expect to see them come out breathing fire

We(moorabbin) have got the lions this week, looking forward to a solid hitout. Any south yarra boys got any tips for knocking off the flag favourites..?

Played E/HILLS today. DEVASTATING
Mate, don't know where this rabble club found these players they should've beat us by another 10 goals. It's a long season & had a few out. Hills No thirds either apparently, on the up is what I'd say......will play finals
Hallam losing by 15 goals haha now 0-18 that's a great prediction

May I ask which club you represent trendmaster?
I appreciate the feedback, honestly we really do but enjoy it while it last's mate.
We are in our 5th year champ, anyone else building it from the ground up in the SFL?? NO.....
We are NOT a new club that's been reformed
We are NOT a new club coming in from another league
Nor are we a club coming in under the wing of a super rules team (with money) or have a certain 'target' of demographic to recruit players giving us instant success
OR have we been given SFL 'discounts' on league fee's like other certain clubs......
So going by what I've seen around the SFL & considering how long these other clubs have been around, it's only a matter of time.
Plus a lot don't have aligned juniors haha yep, good luck keeping up with us!!!
Rome wasn't built in a day nor EHSFC but with our growth I say laugh at your peril!! another 3 men's teams again this year , 2 women's teams + a 19's forming next year I can't wait to see what the future holds down at the FALCONS!!!

Also cheers to Ashwood FC, always hang around for a beer afterwards & good bunch of blokes . Well done

CobraCod - Im confused. Your first post stated you played AGAINST EH (great to hear you call them a rabble) and even stated your side had a few out!. And then today the next quote pumping EH. How can you play the team you play for unless they didn't have enough numbers or something. Very strange. even stranger you predict them to play finals.

2nd best win since coming out of recess

we've come from a long way back - literally lost 20 senior players in 1 season a few years ago resulting in our reserves team being our senior team the year after and staying up in div 2 when other clubs couldn't pay their bills when 'footy wise" we should have definitely dropped down

mate you got beaten good and proper and good teams beat middle of the road teams don't they? especially so called flag favorites

CobraCod - Im confused. Your first post stated you played AGAINST EH (great to hear you call them a rabble) and even stated your side had a few out!. And then today the next quote pumping EH. How can you play the team you play for unless they didn't have enough numbers or something. Very strange. even stranger you predict them to play finals.

THE COBRA COD KNOWS ALL !!!

Sorta like I know bounceback is piss ant who won't name which club he support/member of ???
Look, I know everyone is entitled to be stupid, but you just abuse the privilege..... no more posts 2day plz

THE COBRA COD KNOWS ALL !!!

Sorta like I know bounceback is piss ant who won't name which club he support/member of ???
Look, I know everyone is entitled to be stupid, but you just abuse the privilege..... no more posts 2day plz
Ha. Caught out!.

Oops sorry I posted again, silly me.

I'm not sure where to start on this. Part of me wants to dive into straight abuse at such drivel, the other part of me wants to ignore it and let it die the slow death this sort of commentary deserves.

I'm not sure how long some people have been around senior football, but by the suggestions of this poster, it seems like it's not long and limited to maybe one league. The facts are in country footy (where I've got my most experience) this happens a lot. A 1's side will battle all year and then at the last maybe 3-5 weeks assess where they're at and maybe drop a couple of the fringe senior players to the 2's who can qualify to bolster up the side leading into the September. it's widely known in country footy, everyone does it, and it's par for the course.

As far as my experience with Dandenong (I'm not going to comment on the Van Shajik experience because unlike others, I'd rather comment on what I know rather than what I don't) but they have struggled in the 1's because the 1's haven't been good enough. When they were good enough, surprise, they go alright in the finals (circa 2012). In my experience it was the players that chose to play reserves because they didn't want to train 2 nights or couldn't be stuffed committing to the things you need to do to be a successful senior team (i.e fitness, not getting poleaxed every week, etc) or, they were 2's players that were great in reserves but couldn't perform to the same standard in the seniors so were lower half senior fringe players.

Personally, from afar seeing teams like the 2010 Mt Waverly team's that seniors and reserves played in the GF, that's a massive achievement to be able to have enough decent footballers showing a level of commitment to want to achieve. I've been part of a club that has achieved that level of success and can say it's one of the greatest experiences to ever have, to have not only 25-30 of your mates involves but to have 60 or more of your mates plus support staff all the way from the dinner ladies to the scoreboard attendant. Clubs strive for that, and Dandy is trying to achieve that like any other club.

it's division 3 reserves. Blokes that pay to play footy, that play for the love of the game, blokes from various experiences from 1st year senior U18s to 40yo blokes still playing because they love singing the song and being part of a great environment. Some people have to get some perspective.

TL;DR - What you said about Dandy was bollocks.

Not surprised at all that you choose not to address the club's Van Shajik decision from last year...nor is it surprising that you don't address the 2004 premiership 2's side or any of the numerous stacked sides Dandenong qualified in the 10 years in between - the point, which you seem unable or unwilling to counter, is that for at least a decade Dandy has has shamefully traded doing the hard yards and building a successful culture in favor of gaining an unfair advantage to challenge for reserves flags.

It's a loser's culture that has the reward of the odd big night of celebration at the expense of playing for a club with integrity that is building toward something - clearly, it doesn't work.

The last time they did it was last year, so it's not exactly ancient history.

I've been involved in this league (mostly div 3) since the late 90's - it's been common over that time to have club officials, presidents, coaches, players say to me that Dandy were stacking their 2's...depending on the year, sometimes i've heard it up to 8-10 times in a season whilst having a beer with the opposition after games. Had at least 4 clubs off the top of my head mention it to me last year, each time with a roll of the eyes and the "here they go again" theme to the conversation....not one of them were surprised it was happening yet again. Truth is everyone who's been around this division for a while knows it, and based on Van Shajik etc it's still happening as recently as last year.

It would seem a current Dandy person in "IS75" confirms what you deny just a few posts above when he/she says "Sure, we've done things wrong in the past but we as a group are trying to break away from a 'reserves' club mentality."

If that's finally the case from this year onwards, good...i applaud the current board and playing group for attempting to change and make up for what has been a shameful period for the club if that's what they're finally doing. But i'll give you the tip - don't bother bullshitting yourself into thinking "every club does that", because as i and several others have pointed out, NO THEY FARKING DON'T. Making your club a laughing stock for the sake of challenging for a 2's flag is not something almost anyone outside of Dandenong has done in my time in the SFL.

Apparently lyndales reserves coach was available last week to play but chose not too? Could of he been the difference in a very costly loss?

Remove this Banner Ad

Southern Football League (Vic) Division 3 Seniors & Reserves 2015

Back