Opinion Sponsorship Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Marshall reminds me of Go Panthers Rann in terms of his claimed Port support.

I thought his was the other way around? He was actually a genuine Port fan, then he was all 'go Redlegs' because he was running for election in Norwood.

I thought his was the other way around? He was actually a genuine Port fan, then he was all 'go Redlegs' because he was running for election in Norwood.

If that's the case I'm shocked and it's a begrudging fair play

My seats are in front of the Margarey room and I've seen Marshall in there more than once at our games.

Yep. Marshal was born in Ethleton and moved to Norwood area in his teenage years when his old man opened a funiture store in the Norwood area. Remember him talking about his history with Peter Goers one night and they are both Levere Peninsula kids who ended up in Norwood.

coriander-chinese-parsley.jpg
Closer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is correct. The new Premier originates from Ethelton and was a Port supporter but when he contested the seat of Norwood he conveniently switched allegiance. He now claims to support Norwood and I assume he also supports the Crows. The Monopoly Times did a profile on Marshall a few years back and that bit made me spew. It happens a lot in politics as the late Mick Young was a South supporter but switched to Port when he contested the seat of Port Adelaide. Mick's son went on to play for Port.

Yep. Marshal was born in Ethleton and moved to Norwood area in his teenage years when his old man opened a funiture store in the Norwood area. Remember him talking about his history with Peter Goers one night and they are both Levere Peninsula kids who ended up in Norwood.

I know Peter in passing and he may have been born on the Le Fevre Peninsula but he lived most of his childhood in Woodville South and attended Findon High School. Some years ago Goers wrote a fascinating article about his childhood which had a lot of empathy for me. It reminded me so much of my own childhood in Alberton that I kept the article. He wrote about living his life to the sound of the whistle at Holdens Woodville and climbing onto the chook house in his back yard and hearing the cars at Rowley Park. Peter has recently moved from Norwood to somewhere near Brighton.

Not sure that this relates to sponsorship but neither do the majority of posts in this thread.

I believe the hold up is because Red Bull and Peter Lehman Wines are fighting over which can sponsor us, both wanting Ollie as their appointed Marquee player.

Also, I posted the article below in the nods head thread, but with Croc media an official Partner, i wonder what financial benefit we will get from that?
https://mumbrella.com.au/505127-505127

CROCMEDIA ANNOUNCES UNPRECEDENTED OPPORTUNITIES FOR SOUTH AUSTRALIAN BRAND PARTNERS

imagine if it is red bull and we do the big announcement this week because of the f1 tie in and the press inevitably ask dan ricciardo to do a shoey and for once he isn't smiling and he says you do know i barrack for west coast don't you and it was a free kick every day of the week wouldn't that be a fizzer even if the sponsorship was for two million a year for five years that's why it won't be red bull or at least not this week

I believe the hold up is because Red Bull and Peter Lehman Wines are fighting over which can sponsor us, both wanting Ollie as their appointed Marquee player.

Also, I posted the article below in the nods head thread, but with Croc media an official Partner, i wonder what financial benefit we will get from that?
https://mumbrella.com.au/505127-505127

CROCMEDIA ANNOUNCES UNPRECEDENTED OPPORTUNITIES FOR SOUTH AUSTRALIAN BRAND PARTNERS
I don't really understand how the LED signage part of the deal is supposed to work, but sounds good. A dedicated Power call is something you can't complain about.

imagine if it is red bull and we do the big announcement this week because of the f1 tie in and the press inevitably ask dan ricciardo to do a shoey and for once he isn't smiling and he says you do know i barrack for west coast don't you and it was a free kick every day of the week wouldn't that be a fizzer even if the sponsorship was for two million a year for five years that's why it won't be red bull or at least not this week

That was one very long sentence lol

Red Bull cars in Melbourne painted as PAFC... :p

I think it is funny that the idiotic cow supporters are going on about how we have lost another sponsor (with Liberal winning the election) it just shows they have no idea and what they say is a joke ...

I think it is funny that the idiotic cow supporters are going on about how we have lost another sponsor (with Liberal winning the election) it just shows they have no idea and what they say is a joke ...

Honest to God, literally the only reason I vaguely know anything about Adelaide supporters is because people come in irrelevant threads and whinge about something someone said. Who cares?

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Sponsorship Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back