Roast Spud DMAC: 200 games of potatoes coming your way

Remove this Banner Ad

Not having a go at you but that is so far from the truth it's not funny.

Whats happend over time is that there have been posts on Rat, almost cult following type stuff when he was about to break into the side. This has continued over time, the gushing and jizzing reaching mythological proportions to the extent any neutral observer would think Rat had won 20 Brownlow's.

The truth is Atkins has never been elite at anything and never will be.

He racks up some some decent stats at times but when can you recall him consistently hurting the opposition with the numbers he gets.......only time that stands out for me was for 2 quarters against Sydney earlier this year.

We would not miss Atkins if he wasn't playing, he does nothing consistently well.
Nah he has definitely gone backwards. #12 in AFL for metres gained this year.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_rankings?year=2018&rt=LT&st=MG

Whats happend over time is that there have been posts on Rat, almost cult following type stuff when he was about to break into the side. This has continued over time, the gushing and jizzing reaching mythological proportions to the extent any neutral observer would think Rat had won 20 Brownlow's.

He racks up some some decent stats at times but when can you recall him consistently hurting the opposition with the numbers he gets.......only time that stands out for me was for 2 quarters against Sydney earlier this year.

We would not miss Atkins if he wasn't playing, he does nothing consistently well.
What absolute rubbish.

I for one was a big supporter of his back before he'd played a game, to the extent only that I thought he could make it.

No one was pinning him as a Brownlow medalist, that's just fanciful.

He started off ok but as with so many players, flaws have been exposed in his game. I've not seen anyone here shying away from his shortcomings, in fact it's fair to say he would now be in the top 2-3 whipping boys.

With that said he currently ranks #6 in total AFLCA votes for AFC players, a reasonable measure to use at the stage of the season.

He has plenty of flaws to iron out, but when he puts it altogether he is one of a few players that can pull a 3 vote game out of his backside.

What absolute rubbish.

I for one was a big supporter of his back before he'd played a game, to the extent only that I thought he could make it.

No one was pinning him as a Brownlow medalist, that's just fanciful.

He started off ok but as with so many players, flaws have been exposed in his game. I've not seen anyone here shying away from his shortcomings, in fact it's fair to say he would now be in the top 2-3 whipping boys.

With that said he currently ranks #6 in total AFLCA votes for AFC players, a reasonable measure to use at the stage of the season.

He has plenty of flaws to iron out, but when he puts it altogether he is one of a few players that can pull a 3 vote game out of his backside.

So my post was rubbish then you've gone on and agreed he has flaws and you say we should judge him on the AFLCA rankings which is a fair measure........I'm confused a bit to say the least.

In any case you reckon he is one of a few players that can pull a 3 vote game out of his backside.......well if that isn't the most fanciful comment I've heard about Atkins.
If its so easy for him to do it why isn't it happening on a consistent basis???
I'll tell you why, he is totally reliant on having the ball handed to him on a gold platter and he has zero football courage and zero intensity. These are not the traits of a player pulling 3 vote games out of his backside.

Time to trade him.

Not true. Atkins first goal celebration was elite !!

The only reason this spud is in our team is because we are so slow around the ground, especially the middle. Losing smith, cameron, knight and gov has killed us for pace. Our midfield and ruck cannot chase to save themselves. Play gallucci for atkins and anyone for mackay. He is a cancer in our team. Bye bye david end of year. Useless.

Dmac is a spud.

When we need senior players to step up he is invisible.

At crucial moments his best is never good enough.

Has deprived more talented players of hundreds of games over his career.

Again Milera has a BOG game at HB replacing Smith against GC so we shift Milera to the HFF no man's land to accommodate spud Dmac at HB.

No where near good enough.

The best he can ever hope for is "I thought Dmac wasn't too bad".

Dumb arses at the club stop playing this useless spud he's been killing us for years.

His contract expires this year.

Do not re-sign.
But he plays his role.....

16 touches at 50%.

Let’s pick him again!

I don't understand how it's even possible. How do you go at 50% from 7 kicks and 9 handballs with 11 of his touches being uncontested. None of his disposals are risky types that have a heavily attacking edge. He's the most nothing disposer in our team, chips to contests or open space. One of his kicks was the old kick to yourself from a point, so the little master actually earned himself 15 touches from his 84% TOG. Just a typical game from the spud. Can't blame him though, there's more than a million dollars being spent in the coaching box and these morons absolutely love what he brings to the table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

U
The only reason this spud is in our team is because we are so slow around the ground, especially the middle. Losing smith, cameron, knight and gov has killed us for pace. Our midfield and ruck cannot chase to save themselves. Play gallucci for atkins and anyone for mackay. He is a cancer in our team. Bye bye david end of year. Useless.

Knight's general soreness seems to be lasting for ever.

we desperately needed him to perform with no laird and he failed yet again. that contest where he was bulldozed needs a gif.

Look it's funny...

2c0tr5.gif

but still not as funny as this...

2c0wx9.gif

probably not as funny as this either...

2c0vxn.gif

and none of those are funnier than this...

2c0yd8.gif

Look it's funny...

2c0tr5.gif

but still not as funny as this...

2c0wx9.gif

probably not as funny as this either...

2c0vxn.gif

and none of those are funnier than this...

2c0yd8.gif

Team lifting stuff. It's easy to understand why he's so much more than the value of his possessions. Players walk taller when he's out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Spud DMAC: 200 games of potatoes coming your way

Remove this Banner Ad

Back