Competition SpudQoach™ Season 37 - Congratulations Wigs!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

RZmsgnS.gif

!! SPUD FACTS !!

Here's a couple more for you to digest...

Most selected players
The Sultan (BOM)
11​
T2B_ (DRA)
10​
por_please_ya (ESH)
10​
SarahSmiles (GCR)
9​
DragoDelph (FRA)
8​
DERO (MBD)
7​
GremioPower (SCS)
7​
zackah (CIW)
7​
JackNah_8 (ROY)
6​

Qoaches selected as players themselves
~
7 of 18 -
hotchilli, MWPP, Pie 4 Life, spudmaster, tony, Wosh & zackah

Players most selected by their own teammates
~
T2B_ & zackah -
Each selected in two sides by teammates

Total players selected in Spudqoach™ teams
~

96 players across all 13 clubs. Tag a friend!

3kz is FootballHarvey ManfrenjensendenOcha905
Ace RimmerHateomgfridge
akkapsHeadlessOsc1
Aristotle PickettHoospantskyle
AucklanderhotchilliPie 4 Life
BallaratBulldogHotPiesWithSaucepor_please_ya
BarrybranItsmyshowQuadzilla
BigChippa52Iva BigunRioli8217
BRABJackNah_8Rodney Dangerfield
BrakletJames ColoradoRookiePick
Brenton DavyJeremiasroyboy2
Brick LoosenerJezmeister_40SarahSmiles
Capjezzajaysausageroll
cats_09Jhye Clark 13Scythe_94
ChiefJoshWoodenSpoonSenor M
ChronzJustaBattlerShermy
croweater 41JyeDyeSilky23
DEROkane249SM
DragoDelphKenneyswarriorsspudmaster
DrunkgoliathKilroysunny3193
Eat FreshKing TenzT2B_
edgieKohPhiThe Filth Wizard
Footy Is The WinLigmaThe Majestic
Frederico_WAmanangatangThe Sultan
Frothies McveighMayTheNorthBeWithUTommycash
gouki88Mrs Turbotony
Grand Uncle HoraceMrsEddieBettstoxic
GravMWPPTubbsFarquhar
GremioPowerNaturalDisasterVan_Dyke
GreyCrowNinjaSwanWickzki
GWS Goosenobbyiscoolwindyhill
HARPSichordNSWCROWWosh
zackah

POD players selected in SpudQoach™ teams
~

54 of 96 players selected are unique players selected to single teams.
Not sure how I feel about this stat

lzRBKn6.png

Wosh serial_thrilla Chipmunk MWPP Pie 4 Life Elton Johns Wig zackah Falconista DenieD tony Ocha905 PhenomenalV1 AnUltimateRessie Frederico_WA hotchilli Tandy spudmaster Tonga Bob

!! Mid Season Ladder Revealed !!

Now typically I would spend the next month slowly roasting you all one by one but ain't nobody got time for dat. So instead, just a gentle fleeting tease and the grand reveal all in one shebang!! Don't act like you're not impressed.

So in lieu of a couple of cheap barbs thrown your way, I figured maybe some stats might satiate your thirst for spud-related fun instead!

Ok, maybe time for one cheap laugh...

Lol Tonga Bob.

eth-dog would be proud. :D

grill-simpsons.gif
serial_thrilla is still ahead of me.

MDS51k.gif

RZmsgnS.gif

!! SPUD FACTS !!

Here's a couple more for you to digest...

Most selected players
The Sultan (BOM)
11​
T2B_ (DRA)
10​
por_please_ya (ESH)
10​
SarahSmiles (GCR)
9​
DragoDelph (FRA)
8​
DERO (MBD)
7​
GremioPower (SCS)
7​
zackah (CIW)
7​
JackNah_8 (ROY)
6​

Qoaches selected as players themselves
~
7 of 18 -
hotchilli, MWPP, Pie 4 Life, spudmaster, tony, Wosh & zackah

Players most selected by their own teammates
~
T2B_ & zackah -
Each selected in two sides by teammates

Total players selected in Spudqoach™ teams
~

96 players across all 13 clubs. Tag a friend!

3kz is FootballHarvey ManfrenjensendenOcha905
Ace RimmerHateomgfridge
akkapsHeadlessOsc1
Aristotle PickettHoospantskyle
AucklanderhotchilliPie 4 Life
BallaratBulldogHotPiesWithSaucepor_please_ya
BarrybranItsmyshowQuadzilla
BigChippa52Iva BigunRioli8217
BRABJackNah_8Rodney Dangerfield
BrakletJames ColoradoRookiePick
Brenton DavyJeremiasroyboy2
Brick LoosenerJezmeister_40SarahSmiles
Capjezzajaysausageroll
cats_09Jhye Clark 13Scythe_94
ChiefJoshWoodenSpoonSenor M
ChronzJustaBattlerShermy
croweater 41JyeDyeSilky23
DEROkane249SM
DragoDelphKenneyswarriorsspudmaster
DrunkgoliathKilroysunny3193
Eat FreshKing TenzT2B_
edgieKohPhiThe Filth Wizard
Footy Is The WinLigmaThe Majestic
Frederico_WAmanangatangThe Sultan
Frothies McveighMayTheNorthBeWithUTommycash
gouki88Mrs Turbotony
Grand Uncle HoraceMrsEddieBettstoxic
GravMWPPTubbsFarquhar
GremioPowerNaturalDisasterVan_Dyke
GreyCrowNinjaSwanWickzki
GWS Goosenobbyiscoolwindyhill
HARPSichordNSWCROWWosh
zackah

POD players selected in SpudQoach™ teams
~

54 of 96 players selected are unique players selected to single teams.

winning charlie sheen GIF

myblueroan can you oblige, please.
Shan't!
Tonga has instructed me in the fine art of how to choose a song that doesn't score enough to win in SC.
Admittedly, he did actually win the other day, so not sure about the advice.🤔

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Final Season Reveal New
Q4sPlqs.png

Final Standings

178394.jpg

18. PhenomenalV1 - 1183.5
A horror second half of the season saw Phenom's Spudscore™ blow out by 129.8 SpudQoach™ points to plummet to the bottom of the rankings and snatch the wooden spoon from Tuber Bob.

Huzzah! - toxic - 34.8 SpudQoach™ points

Bah bow! - Silky23 - 200.0 SpudQoach™ points
(maximum points for those playing at home)

149158.jpg

17. Tonga Bob - 968.8

Owes Phenom one helluva hand shandy for saving him the ignominy of a SpudQoach™ dead last finish. As long as I can watch of course.

Huzzah! - Shermy - 18.8 SpudQoach™ points

Bah bow! - sunny3193 - 200.0 SpudQoach™ points
(maximum points for those playing at home)

184781.jpg

16. Tandy - 862.4

Old mate Tandy joined the SpudQoach™ family for the first time in S37, and will no doubt be better for the run having mostly been blown out of contention by a backfiring captaincy selection as the never really ever here bruncher Hoos let him down miserably.

Huzzah! - KohPhi - 18.3 SpudQoach™ points

Bah bow! - Hoos - 155.0 SpudQoach™ points

208465.jpg

15. hotchilli - 853.4

hotchilli's food based SpudQoach™ squad was a novelty that proved to be quite the acquired taste in the end. And that taste, unfortunately for him, was that of pure manure. Yes I know what that tastes like. Never been on a farm? Weirdo.

Huzzah! - croweater 41 - 31.4 SpudQoach™ points

Bah bow! - Eat Fresh - 145.6 SpudQoach™ points

Last edited:
153196.jpg

14. Frederico_WA - 801.4
Fred again was another first timer joining the SpudQoach™ fold in S37, and he acquitted himself nicely to finish in 14th place after adding just 40.4 SpudQoach™ points to his mid season Spudscore™. 'Right' said Fred.

Huzzah! - The Sultan - 35.4 SpudQoach™ points

Bah bow! - nobbyiscool - 149.4 SpudQoach™ points

wosh eagles cat.png
123839.jpg

13. Wosh/zackah - 796.4

The tandem team of Wosh and lesser goat zackah didn't quite reach the lofty 'heights' of their 9th placed finish in S35, and I for one look forward to watching them blame each other.

Huzzah! - zackah - 29.7 SpudQoach™ points

Bah bow! - Hate - 152.6 SpudQoach™ points

211616.jpg

12. AnUltimateRessie - 787.1

Ressie was another first time Qoach in the S37 edition of SpudQoach™ and if not for a miss with his captaincy pick, may have finished in the top half of the draw. Probably could have done even better if he was allowed to select teammates who are known potatoes.

Huzzah! - windyhill - 24.1 SpudQoach™ points

Bah bow! - Ace Rimmer - 135.5 SpudQoach™ points

8328.jpg

11. Pie 4 Life - 719.8

P4L didn't quite manage to recapture the scintillating form that saw him finish 6th with a bullet in S35, but I guess that's what you get for a selecting an Old Boy list clogger as your captain in the mistaken belief they actually exist.

Huzzah! - TubbsFarquhar - 32.8 SpudQoach™ points

153196.jpg

14. Frederico_WA - 801.4
Fred again was another first timer joining the SpudQoach™ fold in S37, and he acquitted himself nicely to finish in 14th place after adding just 40.4 SpudQoach™ points to his mid season Spudscore™. 'Right' said Fred.

Huzzah! - The Sultan - 35.4 SpudQoach™ points

Bah bow! - nobbyiscool - 149.4 SpudQoach™ points

View attachment 2082133
123839.jpg

13. Wosh/zackah - 796.4

The tandem team of Wosh and lesser goat zackah didn't quite reach the lofty 'heights' of their 9th placed finish in S35, and I for one look forward to watching them blame each other.

Huzzah! - zackah - 29.7 SpudQoach™ points

Bah bow! - Hate - 152.6 SpudQoach™ points

211616.jpg

12. AnUltimateRessie - 787.1

Ressie was another first time Qoach in the S37 edition of SpudQoach™ and if not for a miss with his captaincy pick, may have finished in the top half of the draw. Probably could have done even better if he was allowed to select teammates who are known potatoes.

8328.jpg

11. Pie 4 Life - 719.8

P4L didn't quite manage to recapture the scintillating form that saw him finish 6th with a bullet in S35, but I guess that's what you get for a selecting an Old Boy list clogger as your captain in the mistaken belief they actually exist.

Huzzah! - TubbsFarquhar - 32.8 SpudQoach™ points

Strategic placing of our avs TIF :cautiousv1:
zackah you know where you can point that…

If you don't want me to point don't bother me when I've just woken up ffs
Well put that thing away and look alive, it’s almost time for you do our new SpudQuoach team…coz you’re just so ****ing good at it.

17. @Tonga Bob - 968.8
Owes Phenom one helluva hand shandy for saving him the ignominy of a SpudQoach™ dead last finish. As long as I can watch of course.

Huzzah! - @Shermy - 18.8 SpudQoach™ points
It's not easy being the best

152086.jpg

10. Ocha905 - 698.8
Feels like I'm saying this every post now, but we find yet another first time SpudQoach™ in the middle tier of the table, with my boy Ocha curating a fine crop of spuds in his first ditch effort.

Huzzah! - MWPP - 24.8 SpudQoach™ points

Bah bow! - omgfridge - 97.9 SpudQoach™ points

96237.jpg

9. spudmaster - 660.6
Another of my boys and a man absolutely born for the SpudQoach™ fraternity, the master of spuds arguably ended up more apprentice than master in his first crack at SpudQoach™ but his crop showed promise for the future with a 9th placed finish.

Bah bow! - Jezmiester40 - 147.7 SpudQoach™ points

201275.jpg

8. Falconista - 650.5

Birds of prey aren't terribly renowned for a vegetarian diet or a penchant for horticulture, however Gumbies skipper Falconista bucked the trend to improve two places on his S35 10th ranked finish in the S37 edition of SpudQoach™.

Huzzah! - Shermy - 18.8 SpudQoach™ points

124030.jpg

7. TheInjuryFactory - 644.9
Hi, yes it's me coming in at 7th place for the second time in three competitions which is surely enough benefit of the doubt to be able to win it again in the very near future without the scrutiny of such tin foil types as Harvey Manfrenjensenden.

Huzzah! - JustaBattler - 28.8 SpudQoach™ points

Last edited:
152223.jpg

6. serial_thrilla - 639.0
Already a veteran of the SpudQoach™ arena, the S30 runner up serial_thrilla finds himself at the pointy end of the competition once again, and were it not for his misguided faith in an inactive, forgettable Swamprat (No, not okeydoke7 this time) he could have well and truly contended for the title.

Bah bow! - Quadzilla - 141.4 SpudQoach™ points

203246.jpg

5. DenieD - 572.4
After a ripping first half of the season it looked like Denny D was well and truly set for a podium finish a la his 3rd placed finish in the S34 edition, but a dodgy skipper selection proved rather costly in the end, as art imitated life.

Bah bow! - manangatang - 76.1 SpudQoach™ points

122205.jpg

4. MWPP - 542.8
S31 winner mwerps has long proven herself a worthy adversary in the SpudQoach™ ranks, as she made a triumphant(ish) return to the competition after a sabbatical from the S35 edition. A costly blowout in the backline by a former teammate proved too much to overcome as she falls just shy of another podium result.

Huzzah! - Headless - 20.1 SpudQoach™ points

Bah bow! - Rioli8217 - 82.8 SpudQoach™ points

6FyXmoE.png

3. Chipmunk - 521.3
A perennial performer in the SpudQoach™ arena, the S34 runner up once again finds himself of the podium after carefully cultivating yet another outstanding SpudQoach™ crop. Chippy was only 1 of 3 Qoaches to actually reduce their Spudscore™ in the second half of the season, unfortunately knocking off 18.7 SpudQoach™ points wasn't quite enough to get it done, but it did secure him an admirable 3rd placed finish.

Bah bow! - Restricted Free Agent - 68.8 SpudQoach™ points

bQ6EKYP.png

2. tony - 515.8
In an amazing first up performance, Bears skipper tony falls agonisingly short of SpudQoach™ glory and tuber based strategy game immortality (and a f**king sexy badge) as he comes in at runner up in the S37 edition of the competition, with a stellar prized winning crop of some of the Sweet FA's finest spuddery.

Bah bow! - manangatang - 76.1 SpudQoach™ points

Last edited:
Winner - Elton Johns Wig New
Q4sPlqs.png

Well once again it's a tad belated for S37, but here we are to crown yet another victor joining the pantheon of SpudQoach™ champions.

When it became clear who the winner was after crunching the final numbers, I thought it would be fitting to consult an AI of some description for some assistance in celebrating this individual, as is the mode du jour of said winner's Qooty club.

dIwPdBV.png

But that was no help, so after a half a dozen sites and countless prompts, I finally arrived at a reasonably suitable image to plonk old mate's noggin on to which was a wonderful embodiment of the way in which he essentially pulled this win out of his arse too.
I've just stolen a bit from everyones team with zero research, what could go wrong?

Lol at Elton Johns Wig in 2nd place with a copy pasta job. :kissingheart::handok:

And so after yet another ripping costing in the field of fine SpudQoach™ spuddery in S37, without further ado I proudly announce the winner is...

ixRRCCu.png

qpkxv9G.png

But just how did he do it? Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V if I understand correctly? But it takes a concerted effort and critical thinking to narrow down just which copys to pasta. Just ask the late TJASTA.

Well, a comparatively expensive captaincy pick with zackah of the Coney Island Warriors could have been costly were it not for some shrewd selections across the field.

Huzzah! - JyeDye - 19.2 SpudQoach™ points

Bah bow! - Restricted Free Agent - 68.8 SpudQoach™ points

But despite not having the lowest scoring skipper, nor the lowest scoring overall player, with just 3 players scoring over 50 SpudQoach™ points Wigs avoided the more speculative, dangerous inactive picks that cost many of other Qoaches while nailing no less than 9 players under 40 SpudQoach™ points in a mark of consistently poor performance that separates the real spuds from the run of the mill tubers.

Congratulations Elton Johns Wig !!

Wosh, please badge the man! 🙏

jrzerwN.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Competition SpudQoach™ Season 37 - Congratulations Wigs!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back