Squad v Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

This bodes badly. Wanna hope the missing players make a difference in intensity. Rather hope the directive was not to actually try to win this game.

Gibson looks good when he isn't on hall...the younger players looking very green and making "rookie" mistakes.

I like what I have seen from Mitchell. He is a superstar

Real ugly tonight. Those young guys seemed to be running around with a constant WTF look on their face. Very poor hand and foot skills, hopeless straight kicking for goal, slow to dispose, killed at the stoppages. etc.,

but...

some positives to come out of the game for sure. Impressed with some of what was done by Peterson and Breust and really like the kick on Kahler-Thompson when he got a bit of space to run. I hope he gets his chance this year would be a handy replacement for Young I feel if we needed some run and carry on a wing.

Good:
Mitchell, Sewell, KT, Peterson, Moss, Brown

Bad:
All the other young guys, too many stupid little hand balls, not enough kicking. Very ordinary defence.

Thank the gods we've got some senoir players to come back in.

By my calculations, we're missing Rioli, Osborne, Burgoyne, Young and Bateman from our best 22 players, and we chose to rest Guerra, Gilham and Murphy from tonight's squad. Murphy might be fringe best 22, but the other players I've mentioned would definitely be in the mix.

Burgoyne, Young and Bateman make us look so much more polished and quick through the midfield than the players out there tonight, and Rioli and Osborne would give us some crumbing forwards and more midfield rotations that we've missed tonight.

Gilly goes to Hall, Gibson to Murphy or Hahn and that means that Schoey can go to the third tall forward and not being on a key forward. Guerra is an underrated but vital man in our rebound game.

Put Dowler in for a lacklustre Morton and there's your third tall forward to give Roughie and Bud a chop-out.

Terrible performance tonight, but it's still a long way until round 1, let alone the finals, so let's not go about slitting our wrists because we've been beaten badly by a vastly more experienced Bulldogs side.

Rioli. Gilham. Guerra. Renouf. Burger. Bateman. Young. Osborne.

All in our best 22. Not including Dowler and Hooper to come in.

I'd love to see us play the dogs with a full strength team and them missing:

Gia, Lake, Higgins, Minson, Boyd, Cross, Everitt and Hahn.

Pretty sure it wouldn't be a 57 point loss to us. ;)

Out of all of our injuries, only doubts over Young and Rioli long term.

You don't need great or experienced players to lay a tackle!

Out tackled 48 - 80 is shocking.

When you start the game with Moss in the centre, you know we weren't trying to win.

Leaving out Gilly & Goo then shockers from Laddo and Gibbo and we were history 5 mins into the game.

Highlights were JKT and Peterson showing some good stuff and the continued improve from F1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Squad v Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back