Prediction St.Kilda Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Still tough gig naming a best. Battle not having an obvious replacement makes it even more challenging.

B: Caminiti Howard Webster
HB: Sinclair Wilkie NAS
C: Hill Phillipou Wood
HF: Henry Sharman Butler
F: Higgins King Owens
FOL: Marshall Steele McRae

Int: Clarke Wilson Windhager Bynes Garcia

Emg: Jones Stocker Cordy Hastie

Clark is more your inside mid these days.
I know that is where he plays, but I see him as a Dal Santo type of player, whose courage and determination has led to some horrific injuries, jaw, facial, upper body injuries. Now with the injection of a few players more suited to the physicality of inside play, we can get improved performances out of him as an outside mid. I don't mean stick him on a wing type outside, I mean have him be the first receiver more often, let him use his world class evasive skills, rather than continue to grind him to paste against 193 cm 95kg mids

I know that is where he plays, but I see him as a Dal Santo type of player, whose courage and determination has led to some horrific injuries, jaw, facial, upper body injuries. Now with the injection of a few players more suited to the physicality of inside play, we can get improved performances out of him as an outside mid. I don't mean stick him on a wing type outside, I mean have him be the first receiver more often, let him use his world class evasive skills, rather than continue to grind him to paste against 193 cm 95kg mids
Yeah I guess all the talk about Macrae is how much he'll help Steele, but there's a very real chance that he allows Clark to reach his potential as an inside/out distributor. Good call

Gees its going to be tough watching Membrey & Battle run around in opposition colours next year. The other thing is in the short term they will have more chance of winning a flag than the 44 blokes on our list.

I'm sure Hawthorn and Collingwood also have openings at their clubs for overly pessimistic supporters.

We have very few proven consistent players. If you divided the team on the basis of guaranteed decent to excellent contribution week in week out -

These groups having nothing to do with raw talent.. just output and impact every single week with the odd exception

Call ‘em Group A

Sinclair
Wilkie
Marshall
Hill
Webster
MacCrae

That’s it

Group B
…..either works in progress or promises, hopes, and our desperately wanting them to finally succeed.

Hunter
King
Owens
Sharman
Caminiti
Wilson
Henry
NAS (he’s almost groupA now)
Phillipou
Windy

Then Group C
Professionals who have a crack for better or worse. Sometimes standout performances, sometimes quiet

Howard
Butler
Steele
Wood
Jones
Stocker
Higgins

Group A is a bit light, way too light!
Group B is way too big but there is upside
Group C a bit long, but every team has em

Last edited:
We have very few proven consistent players. If you divided the team on the basis of guaranteed decent to excellent contribution week in week out -

These groups having nothing to do with raw talent.. just output and impact every single week with the odd exception

Call ‘em Group A

Sinclair
Wilkie
Marshall
Hill
Webster
MacCrae

That’s it

Group B
…..either works in progress or promises, hopes, and our desperately wanting them to finally succeed.

Hunter
King
Owens
Sharman
Caminiti
Wilson
Henry
Phillipou
Windy

Then Group C
Professionals who have a crack for better or worse. Sometimes standout performances, sometimes quiet

Howard
Butler
Steele
Wood
Jones
Stocker
Higgins

Steele and Higgins group C is beyond laughable

B: Webster, Wilkie, Caminiti
HB: Sinclair, Howard, NVM
C: Wood, Steele, Hill
HF: Wilson, King, Henry
F: Higgins, Sharman, Owens
R: Marshall, Macrae, Phillipou
Int: Clark, Jones, Butler, Windhager, Stocker

Call ‘em Group A

Sinclair
Wilkie
Marshall
Hill
Webster
MacCrae

That’s it

Group B

Hunter
King
Owens
Sharman
Caminiti
Wilson
Henry
Phillipou
Windy

Then Group C

Howard
Butler
Steele
Wood
Jones
Stocker
Higgins

NAS definately group A, Webster more like Group C. Higgins, Steele & Wood in group A for mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction St.Kilda Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back