"St Kilda needs to sack Scott Watters immediately" Mark Fine Sen

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 flag in 140 years is mediocrity Finey. In fact it's much worse than that.

How many St kilda Recruits during the Lyon years were up to scratch and subsequently "snapped up" by other clubs? Walters , Ibbotson & C Pearce is proof enough that if there is talent RL will develop & play.....

Lee Spurr says Hi.....

Watters won't last long, judging by what I've heard.
I knew it wouldn't take long for the usual Collingwood supporter "I have mail" post.

And Freo supporters . . . man, get over it.

FWIW I agree with Finey. Watters has shown nothing as a coach

Finey is one of several reasons why SEN is no longer even tuned into my car radio. He speaks rubbish as do most presenters and callers on that station.
It has gone down-hill. Kevin Bartlett has lost the plot in recent times. I don't mind Daniel Harford and the morning glory show is entertaining. However the callers have become OTT and Finey has become painful - very repetitive and incredibly arrogant.

It has gone down-hill. Kevin Bartlett has lost the plot in recent times. I don't mind Daniel Harford and the morning glory show is entertaining. However the callers have become OTT and Finey has become painful - very repetitive and incredibly arrogant.

Finey is the dopey flog that thought it would be wise to bag n afl umpire out and then the silly guy decides to get riled up and meltdown when people smsed and tootk him to task that he shouldn't be making those comments as an ump himself and the comment that
'he didn't see it being simply not good enough'

ls hypocritical seeming Finey said himself that this was ok at ammos level where he umpires at but is not good enough at AFL . This is a joke considering everyone knows umpires make mistakes at all levels and Finey was making the golden mistake by not sticking up for his cohort and fellow colleagues in umpiring. Guy is a delusion glowing gimp who's view is no way inferior to the view of anyone else.

This was even further highlighted when the guy went in meltdown mode when he decided he got sick of Carlton supporters and others commenting and saying they are not satisfied with Essendon punishment as they have no right to comment on it. This is despite the fact that as stakeholders of the competition fans have a right to comment on how they feel about the punishments for bad behaviour especially when it damaged the league and their experience. Guy decided to get angry again when this was pointed out and disconnected the caller.

True, what I also dislike is a profile some of the regular callers have developed..like trout, scnapper, maorio, that cranky scottish bloke, that stupid collingwood bloke from mill park, they have developed a media like profile, just ridiculous.

Finey is a bit of a shock jock has his own agenda at times, and yes arrogant

I think the problem at the saints is that people like this clown Fine get in the way of someone coming in and doing whats best for the club in the long term.

Yeh it's not like the Saints have recruiters or anything. Lyon sure as hell doesn't do the recruiting for us.

If they let one man make all the decisions that have left them in the position they are in now, they deserve to be in it.

I don't think their current predicament is anything to do with their recruiting, (not that they have much young talent to get excited about) it's more to do with them getting so close to winning a flag 2 years in a row.

Lyon understandably topped up the list when they were so close. It didn't quite work and now they're rooted for at least the medium term.

I wouldn't say I was Scotty Watters biggest fan, but why get rid of a coach who is, from what I hear, fairly popular with the players and the board, and who is, lets not forget, in the middle of trying to rebuild a side that is in a sorry state because, rightly or wrongly, we focused on winning a flag at all costs and sacrificed our long term development to an extent to achieve that aim.

Give Scotty 1 more year, if we are in no better a position this time next year, review him again.

I wouldn't say I was Scotty Watters biggest fan, but why get rid of a coach who is, from what I hear, fairly popular with the players and the board, and who is, lets not forget, in the middle of trying to rebuild a side that is in a sorry state because, rightly or wrongly, we focused on winning a flag at all costs and sacrificed our long term development to an extent to achieve that aim.

Give Scotty 1 more year, if we are in no better a position this time next year, review him again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finey is the reason I dont listen to SEN as much as I used to.

Backed the wrong horse in the Essendon scandal and shouted down everybody who didnat agree with him. Couldnt be arsed in his opinion about StKilda. Kudos to Watters for trying to change things. The list is thin and the culture needs renovation. Not an easy thing to be changed quickly.

, rightly or wrongly, we focused on winning a flag at all costs and sacrificed our long term development to an extent to achieve that aim.
How can being focused on winning a flag ever be considered 'wrong'?

FMD, the world has gone mad.

I am absolutely astounded by the number of completely useless muppets who somehow manage to land cushy, well-paying media gigs. No wonder sports journalism and commentary in this country is a joke. Stop trying to get "gun" players for your media jobs, and start getting ones that actually have some sort of skill at the job!

The cult of Watters is no different than the cult of Scientology or even Nazism in 1940s Germany.

The current power play at the St Kilda football Club tells us something interesting about the nature of evil. True evil can be banal and it often doesn't even recognize itself as evil. Scott Watters is quite maniacal, and is he power hungry. He is not a particularly bad man, nor is he even uncaring. To the contrary, he genuinely cares for his players and he takes his duties very seriously. Indeed, even though he seeks to crush the human spirit, he genuinely believes he is acting for the good of the team and for the good of individual player. In many ways, this makes him a much more chilling villain than anything offered by Hollywood today. Indeed, his obliviousness calls upon the supporters of the St Kilda football Club to re-examine their own actions for similar blind spots.

Moreover, the totality of Scott Watters's actions constantly hints at the abuses that arise when a select few are given the power to control a football team. Rules can be changed as needed and careers endangered to enforce the will of the elite. Knowledge is suppressed. People are bought off or frightened into silence, and behind the scenes power plays take place all the time Again, what is happening at St Kilda is much more chilling than typical Hollywood evil because of its believability, its banality, and the creeping sense that we only see the tip of its true extent.

Given that just a few days ago you made this post on the collingwood board as a collingwood poster. Are you an alias or a plagiarist? Just asking.

Think Watters is tactically competent, but he underestimated the gravity of the situation and tried to rebuild 'on the fly' with a host of mature-age recruits who mostly haven't worked out. He has the hardest job in football, bar none.

I don't have a problem with Fine - I do have a problem with the monthly "sack somebody" attitude to the media towards coaches of rebuilding sides.

I think Vossy's sacking was the wrong call and I think Watters would be harshly done by to be sacked now.

I wold have thought with the experianced players on the list they would have won more games this year. They were also gifted a round 23 win with Freo resting half their side. Recruiting has been no good and I'm not sure where you draw the line. Is is watters or are there other factors? But on this years performance I find it hard to think Watters can be judged as a good coach yet. I would be giving him another year though and go from there.

How can being focused on winning a flag ever be considered 'wrong'?

FMD, the world has gone mad.
If you focus 100% on winning the flag and don't also plan for the future, that could be considered "wrong". Long term stability sacrificed for short term potential gain is terrible risk management, you would never see a Fortune 500 company do that.

Case in point: the mess we are in now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back