Preview St Kilda vs Geelong June 25 Sat at 7:25pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back Paddy! :hearts:
CE6F68AA-A794-4F2B-88ED-5176D48D5291.jpg

True,
Think he could be a bit of a handful for our defence (Gilbert)

So the usual tools bitching and moaning about a player not selected.

Havent read one friggin post about arguably our greatest ever player being back, and our big Paddy McClunk back to take more suicidal marks.
Jesus there are some sad bastards supporting our club.

So the usual tools bitching and moaning about a player not selected.

Havent read one friggin post about arguably our greatest ever player being back, and our big Paddy McClunk back to take more suicidal marks.
Jesus there are some sad bastards supporting our club.

Yeah. Good stuff.

Fair enough, but Dunstan would have taken three steps when Dangerfield has taken thirteen.
Don't disagree with what you are saying, but Wright could have potential in taking him around the ground, especially in their forward half.
The best player in the league at present being opposed by a guy who may get delisted at years end....

Dangerfield would be licking his lips & salivating if Wright walked out to tag him... Dangerfield would have 50+ touches & kick 5 goals without even getting out of 1st gear

Happy with the inclusions.

Midfield must match theirs. To be honest, I'm hoping we really go the hunt & hunt them ****ing hard.

We've had our weeks rest with the bye, let's set the tone for the remaining 10 games & do the club proud for the remainder of the year

Our defence looks undersized with Lee out, wouldn't be surprised if Riewoldt spends some time in defence to give us more height/marking power.

If we can match them in the midfield and get enough ball into our forward line we could cause them some problems.

Our defence looks undersized with Lee out, wouldn't be surprised if Riewoldt spends some time in defence to give us more height/marking power.

If we can match them in the midfield and get enough ball into our forward line we could cause them some problems.
Will be interesting viewing if they run Mark Blicavs with Riewoldt on the wing.... Nick may be the one with his work cut out for once

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They only have Hawkins as a true key forward, reckon our defence can probably handle Stanley and Zac Smith

Got to agree with this. Whats the problem going small when they have one big guy, two mediums and all the rest are dangerous smalls. We have one big guy, two mediums in Robo and Gilbert, with a number of small defenders... Good match ups! As for Stanley and Smith, there crap resting ruckmen, but they are good ruckmen.

Its not like the West Coast game, they have three dangerous talls. Or the Adelaide game, were we went in with the back line everyone wanted and then go cut up by injury and destroyed by a great forward line.

Geelong don't have a great forward line! This game is all about midfield! Danger, Selwood, Guthrie, Motlop... these are the blokes we need to stop.

So this week, with Ross and Webster getting to there 50th games marks the beginning of a 1.5 year period, where many of our young players get to 50 games and 3-4 years in the system. With Weller, Hickey and Bruce recently graduating past this mark. And with Dunstan, Acres, Billings, Sinclair, Paddy, Membery, DMac, Eli, Minchie and The Gresh all looking like getting there in the next 18 months (as well as White, Freezer and Bubbles, all still untried) now is when we start to reap the benefits of this rebuild for mine.

Players like Sinclair, The Gresh and Billings can run in the midfield more and Dunstan and Arces can start using there developed strength to brake tackles and bullock around the ground. And the highly talented guys that we don't get the most out of can be sold to up our draft position or as part of deals for A-graders after next year.

This is were the fun starts and while its taken far to long to get here, now we are, I looking forward to the ride. Its time to storm home W Bulldogs style from a few years ago (only with a real forward line and ruck department)

We are two good trade periods and 18 months of development away from consistent winning footy, but now it gets interesting...

I just hope we bring our A game this week, otherwise I have to by my best mate lunch next time I'm in Melbs... ****ing Scat's supporters!

I reckon we have to throw Bruce back this week. Have been against this, but we are literally out of options. Gilbert is not a KPD, we have been down this road many times before.

Bruce back still leaves us with a forward line mix of Roo, Paddy & an in form Membrey. Looks pretty good to me.

Why would we want to throw Bruce down back? At GWS they tried to turn him into a backman, didn't work so got rid of him & if I remember rightly, he didn't exactly set the world on fire down back for us in his first year. Moved him forward where he belongs & bingo, takes a couple of defenders where ever he goes, opening up the forward line. I say, leave him be.

They only have Hawkins as a true key forward, reckon our defence can probably handle Stanley and Zac Smith
Stanley and Smith are averaging a couple of goals a week between them.

I reckon last week was the first time for about 2 years that our rucks have scored 2 goals in a game!!!

Stanley and Smith are averaging a couple of goals a week between them.

I reckon last week was the first time for about 2 years that our rucks have scored 2 goals in a game!!!

They are tall, but probably Roberton and Gilbert are tall enough to play on them , and hopefully they are not too skillful as forwards for Roberton and Gilbert's limited ability man on man.
Delaney has played on Bigbaby( refer to ToyStory3 ) a couple of times before , with mixed results.

Y'know when Delaney went forward at the end of the first quarter, marked in the centre and set up a goal to put us in front.

That was a big moment. Hope he draws confidence from it this week. I reckon he can handle Hawkins.

If our mids canget good usage then our forwards will give them just as many headaches. Bet Tim is looking forward to being on the no.3 defender.

Ross played very well on Selwood last year. We just need to stop Dangerfield from accumulating too much. I'd put Weller on him. Huge role for Hickey this week and I expect Geelong will have a third man up at every ruck contest that isn't a centre bounce.
We must win or break even at clearances for our undersized and undermanned defense to hold up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like a few have said here, your lack of height in the backline shouldn't be an issue.

Smith generally kicks goals like a small forward, and Stanley is just no good, so playing them a bit smaller shouldn't hurt.
Kerstan's a good size, but Gilbert seems the logical match-up.

We really only have 2 players who can expose their defenders with consistency in one on one contests, and they are Menzel and Hawkins. St. Kilda will need to win those match-ups, but to stop the other forward we rotate through, you'll need to stop Geelong forcing front half turnovers, and getting clean ball out of the stoppages.

Hope we can be competitive, but I think people are not giving Geelong credit for just how good they are. With their depth of class they would have to flag favoirites at this stage, I doubt we will get within 40 points if we do it will be a positive!
They lost to Carllllton & Collingwood.

If the good St Kilda turns up we will have a match IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back