Preview St Kilda vs Geelong June 25 Sat at 7:25pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we want to throw Bruce down back? At GWS they tried to turn him into a backman, didn't work so got rid of him & if I remember rightly, he didn't exactly set the world on fire down back for us in his first year. Moved him forward where he belongs & bingo, takes a couple of defenders where ever he goes, opening up the forward line. I say, leave him be.

Short term solution only. We have Fisher, Dempster, Goddard & Lee out for this game. That is literally our 4 best KPD options unavailable, hence why i said would normally disagree but we have been decimated.

Do u remember what it is like watching Gilbo attempt to play a KPD role? He literally cant do it. Would u prefer to have a forward line of 3 bigs and one medium tall, with a VFL defender and back flanker down back, or 2 big forwards plus medium forward & at least 2 big bodies down back. At least 1 of Roo or Bruce has to play back IMO or we are a very unbalanced line up.

However, Billings will not play at any level this weekend as he continues to recover from the injury suffered against Essendon in round nine.
"He's been quite courageous really, in terms of putting his hand up to play (two weeks ago) in the VFL, when he clearly wasn't quite right. He wasn't right in Adelaide (either)," Richardson said.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-06-24/no-ankle-surgery-for-saint-jack-billings

risking one of our most important players again... well done st kilda. well done.

you would have thought with OUT: basil, that this shit would stop. clearly not.

risking one of our most important players again... well done st kilda. well done.

you would have thought with OUT: basil, that this shit would stop. clearly not.

Firstly I doubt the fitness guy decides if a player has an injury or not. Surely its the doctor and these things happen at every club. We just know about ours because we follow the club more closely.

Firstly I doubt the fitness guy decides if a player has an injury or not. Surely its the doctor and these things happen at every club. We just know about ours because we follow the club more closely.

i didnt say it was the fitness guys fault, i just said that after everything that occurred under basil last year that they would have been more cautious in making sure players are fit enough to take the field without risking them

i didnt say it was the fitness guys fault, i just said that after everything that occurred under basil last year that they would have been more cautious in making sure players are fit enough to take the field without risking them

Jack was fine to play VFL last week mate. Every player has at least one niggle or sore spot. Sometimes kids are rested to just get on top of these small issues, so the club is doing exactly what you want this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back