Standing

Remove this Banner Ad

From The Fence

Draftee
Jan 4, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Simple Question, do you stand at games?

Personally, I stand a fair bit, especially during night games, just behind the seats on the first level both the dome and the G.

I find I get louder and a bit more into the game when I'm on my feet, and I'm wondering if others feel the same.

Simple Question, do you stand at games?

Personally, I stand a fair bit, especially during night games, just behind the seats on the first level both the dome and the G.

I find I get louder and a bit more into the game when I'm on my feet, and I'm wondering if others feel the same.

Totally agree!! - Way better atmosphere, close to the bar, eye level to the play (well at the Dome anyway), louder (in parts) when the noise bounces around the stands. LOVE IT!!

When I went to Perth for a game I tried standing behind the seats and was told to "go back to your seat" by a security guard. and at AAMI there is a gay little yellow line if you step 1mm out of it they charge out of nowhere and go "Get within the boundary!!!"

Love the G and the Dome!!!

I stand out quite a bit... Im not the smallest bloke in the world and Im usually positioned behind the goals with the rest of the cheer squad :thumbsu: Once, last year, Michael o loughlin even had a go out me after he kicked a goal... It was quite scary

I stand out quite a bit... Im not the smallest bloke in the world and Im usually positioned behind the goals with the rest of the cheer squad :thumbsu: Once, last year, Michael o loughlin even had a go out me after he kicked a goal... It was quite scary

I notice you are being used to promote the footy on Channel 10's new ads!!

You're a star Kerry!!

I notice you are being used to promote the footy on Channel 10's new ads!!

You're a star Kerry!!
Thanks Bushie your praise means alot to me.. As do Hungry Jacks Burgers :thumbsu: *drooooools*

That reminds me, i have to get my hungry jacks free food pass renewed :)

All this food talk is making me hungry.. I could really do with a Whopper right now :( Did I ever tell you guys my friends call me whopper? Not sure were that originated from tho :confused:

Thanks Bushie your praise means alot to me.. As do Hungry Jacks Burgers :thumbsu: *drooooools*

That reminds me, i have to get my hungry jacks free food pass renewed :)

All this food talk is making me hungry.. I could really do with a Whopper right now :( Did I ever tell you guys my friends call me whopper? Not sure were that originated from tho :confused:

So Kerry, would the reason be, that you joined the cheer squad, not because you loved the eagles so much, but so you could stand up behind the goals....because your umm butt wouldn't fit in the seats at Subi??

Stop eating that whopper while you are typing.....you'll get sauce on the keyboard!!

So Kerry, would the reason be, that you joined the cheer squad, not because you loved the eagles so much, but so you could stand up behind the goals....because your umm butt wouldn't fit in the seats at Subi??

Stop eating that whopper while you are typing.....you'll get sauce on the keyboard!!
Spot on ;)

Ahh its all good I can easily lick the sauce of the keyboard, ive perfected the art of licking food up :thumbsu:

Spot on ;)

Ahh its all good I can easily lick the sauce of the keyboard, ive perfected the art of licking food up :thumbsu:

I've heard that you are quite the man about town. With that tongue of yours making all the girls swoon.

Is it true that you can breathe through your ears??

I always stand at the footy; better (funnier) crowd, decent view, it was the way of the suburban ground and I think footy has alost that little something by not having more of an allocated standing area.

I've heard that you are quite the man about town. With that tongue of yours making all the girls swoon.

Is it true that you can breathe through your ears??
Mate, My health Almost restricts me from breathing at all let alone through my ears :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to Sandringham games are great, standing on the boundary or sitting on a grass hill :thumbsu:

Mate, My health Almost restricts me from breathing at all let alone through my ears :(

Come on big fella!!

No need to get shy.

Everyone knows you are a chick magnet.

What, with that very well filled out Yellow shirt and your triple chin.

Women flock to you!!

Come on big fella!!

No need to get shy.

Everyone knows you are a chick magnet.

What, with that very well filled out Yellow shirt and your triple chin.

Women flock to you!!
Well.... Occasionally I do get the 'Nice ****' Compliment... Althought Its usually followed by 'Fatboy' Or 'Piggy'

ROFL @ thread hijack :D

Anyway, did anyone notice the large amount of people standing during the A-league grand final, particularly at the Coventry end?

Is this a specific standing area?
Or are there just less whingers shouting “down in front” at the soccer?

ROFL @ thread hijack :D

Anyway, did anyone notice the large amount of people standing during the A-league grand final, particularly at the Coventry end?

Is this a specific standing area?
Or are there just less whingers shouting “down in front” at the soccer?

At the northern end and southern ends of the ground it is expected that you stand, chant, jump etc. If you want to sit you move to the second or third levels or the Western and Eastern sides of the ground. If you stand in a sitting area you get told to sit down while if you sit in a standing area you get told to stand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Standing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back