Recommitted Stephen Coniglio [re-signs with GWS for 7 more years]

Remove this Banner Ad

We didn’t have a single player on over $800k, you’ve probably got 5.

The majority of our star players took huge pay cuts which is public knowledge.

how anyone can not see what’s going on with your list is laughable...just embrace it...it’s giving your team a big crack at winning a flag over the next 3-5 years which is what the AFL need.
I remember about 6 years ago people in this very board having Meltdowns that GWS and GC would win the next 10 flags between them due to AFL corruption

Giants havnt won one, and GC have not even made the finals yet.

The problem up here in Sydney is that yes stars gets re-signed, but another 3 want to leave for the bright lights of Melbourne and the chance to be recognised in the streets.

You need to keep some top end talent to keep competitive.

Hawthorn, Geelong and all these strong clubs just sit there and let the other clubs grow the talent and then they "choose" the big Melbourne clubs. No one ever wants to leave, they have to be forced out.

Imagine Jack R and his exit interview at Richmond.. "Coach, I have just always dreamt of playing on the gold coast in front of 2000 people, I'm sorry but I want a trade for family reasons"

Doesn't happen

Giants signing 3 big name players to big dollars is important to keep young kids there

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you want to play the one off game means something card then you realize you lost to us this year right?

Yes, definitely your best win of the year, and our worst loss (you didn't beat anyone that finished higher than us, and we didn't lose to anyone that finished lower than you). Congratulations. Scrimshaw had more than one good game this year though, only singled that one out because it was against the team of the poster I was replying to. Has also been good in some of our losses. Knock on him from GC was that he was soft. Has looked far from that in the games he's played for us this year. Think the softness tag came from him not coping well from being away from his family, rather than his football. Not all 18 year olds are equally mature when they get drafted, and seems he was not ready to move away from family, certainly not to a club with the kind of support structures GC had in place. Seems to be thriving now that he's back in Melbourne.

Yes, definitely your best win of the year, and our worst loss (you didn't beat anyone that finished higher than us, and we didn't lose to anyone that finished lower than you). Congratulations. Scrimshaw had more than one good game this year though, only singled that one out because it was against the team of the poster I was replying to. Has also been good in some of our losses. Knock on him from GC was that he was soft. Has looked far from that in the games he's played for us this year. Think the softness tag came from him not coping well from being away from his family, rather than his football. Not all 18 year olds are equally mature when they get drafted, and seems he was not ready to move away from family, certainly not to a club with the kind of support structures GC had in place. Seems to be thriving now that he's back in Melbourne.

thanks for the paragraph chief I didn't read a word of that

Are you Trav 20s brother?

I'm only talking now. After our best 22 there's one hell of a drop.

Still think you're underselling your current depth, perhaps because you're comparing it to what you had in 2016. Making finals this year with the outs you've had means you're getting wins with an injury impacted best 22 that is a lot worse than your injury free best 22, and that takes some depth (IMO).

Seems like you're committed to him. Walk away and leave him hanging and it will severely damage your reputation with managers and layers etc.

That assumes we are as in to Patton as people are saying. If its the same people who said we have Coniglio, then its probably not true.

Cameron and had his massive pay day and will stick around and Winn Coleman’s and fish the harbour every other day.

Whitfield won’t play in Victoria but could and should be thrown a massive offer from the Gold Coast - he could get ambassadorial coin up there

I wonder if Gil will be in favour of free agency if Whitfield wants to go to GCS...

Sorry gil & giants fans but this 'cash in paper bag' thing is only cool when we do it

I dont think Gil uses paper bags. He is okay with everyone knowing it, and gladly raises his middle finger.

Still think you're underselling your current depth, perhaps because you're comparing it to what you had in 2016. Making finals this year with the outs you've had means you're getting wins with an injury impacted best 22 that is a lot worse than your injury free best 22, and that takes some depth (IMO).

You may be right regarding how I'm comparing it.

Though,
The players that stood up and did a job were players that weren't wanted by others.
Did anyone think Finlayson would be a good forward?

On top of that our stars, such as Greene, Whitfield, Jezza stood up even more and showed leadership.

Don't change topic, why cog s
Choose to stay? Scully is so last year

Change topic? Are you illiterate? I was replying to a GWS fan that brought up Scully. He also has a point, Scully going and Cogs staying are not completely independent events. Why did Cogs choose to stay? If true, I'd say 7 years at $1m a year is a pretty good reason don't you?

Feel a bit embarrassed for a lot of Hawks fans who carried on a bit too much with this saga.
Don't be, they carried on like entitled ***** and it's Shiel and Lynch all over again, they don't learn.

They'll carry on again about how every good FA wants to play under Clarko .......

The next thread to be infected with their entitled BS will be the (check out who the next gun GWS FA is) thread. So glad Cogs stayed true.

Don't be, they carried on like entitled ***** and it's Shiel and Lynch all over again, they don't learn.

They'll carry on again about how every good FA wants to play under Clarko .......

The next thread to be infected with their entitled BS will be the (check out who the next gun GWS FA is) thread. So glad Cogs stayed true.
Already started. Whitfield.

I am stunned Jezza hasn't got a thread yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why don’t players choose less money to play for Hawthorn?

Excuse me?

1f683976b7053589d05fd20a3368cdf7

Glad Cogs knee is fine and will not be needing the Witch Doctors of Waverley. Those silly comments that his Instagram mate O’Meara would lure him had no idea of the family values he has grown up with.

Let’s be real, Sydney is a fantastic place to live provided you have serious $$$$ and no commute. Good lifestyle choice, not sure if he will ever be a premiership medalist.

Well done GWS, great to see some big names staying put to be one-club players. Would obviously like him at carlton but not at all unhappy to see him resign.

Why don’t players choose less money to play for Hawthorn?

because its not a happy team at hawthorn anymore, they won't be getting back into the finals and success for a while because they are banking on cherry picking the top players who leaves other clubs. They did indeed get players like lake, gibson, frawly, bourgoye, wingard, scully, omera however the rate of acquisition of such needs to be at a much higher level. The level of quality going into hawthorn is on the decline and also they don't have an elite core to build the list around and this is the most important. The players they have acquired are not in the same class. Unfortunatley for hawthorn, they are not addicted to this ploy with decreasing rate of success. Hawthorn still has good ability of taking players up another notch but as said before, without the elite core, even when the players steps up, it makes the club successful and gives them an impression of imminent success but when it comes to the crunch they fall well short. This vicious cycle will continue until they fall off a cliff.

Well now the Dogs have lost any chance of getting Isaac Smith. lol

GWS can also keep Patton. He can chew up their cap space. They can pay him 700,000 to play in the reserves next year.
What tune will you be singing when you trade in Patton?

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Stephen Coniglio [re-signs with GWS for 7 more years]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back