Toast Steven Motlop wins Round 6 NAB Rising Star nomination

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Will Motlop win a Rising Star nomination?

As I said in a thread after the Cats v Suns NAB game at Carrara,all the talk leaving the ground that night was about Motlop,from both lots of supporters and there was some young talent on show there.The kid's just so natural and smooooooth,well done really deserved.
I can see PO in the NO32 when they put Pods in a tube,(but not for a while yet.)

The urge is to compare him to Varcoe but he is more of a ball winner than Varcoe and stays involved in the game, whereas Varcoe is a burst player.

He probably lacks Varcoe's brilliance. I can't wait to see them in the same side.

The urge is to compare him to Varcoe but he is more of a ball winner than Varcoe and stays involved in the game, whereas Varcoe is a burst player.

He probably lacks Varcoe's brilliance. I can't wait to see them in the same side.

We didn't see much brilliance from Varcoe for at least 40 games though, I recall a lot of people questioning Thompson's decision to play him week after week for not much return. They say Motlop displays some absolutely bullshit freak skills at training so it isn't beyond the realm of possibility that he'll have a game where he bamboozles everyone, including SJ.

We didn't see much brilliance from Varcoe for at least 40 games though, I recall a lot of people questioning Thompson's decision to play him week after week for not much return. They say Motlop displays some absolutely bullshit freak skills at training so it isn't beyond the realm of possibility that he'll have a game where he bamboozles everyone, including SJ.

Not really a surprise that there is plenty of freak residing in Stevie - he is a motlop, after all, and I believe he's also related to the Riolis. That is quite a football bloodline.

I am quite stunned at how well he is going this year. Coming along in leaps and bounds.

Thoroughly deserved, and he will be right up there with Jeremy Cameron of the Giants when the votes are cast at the end of the season.

I'm also waiting eagerly to see Mots & Travvie pair up. Max Rooke help the backline that's going to have to find the legs to contain that pair!!!

:eek:

Totally agree here - can't wait to see them in the same side.
In terms of evolving our Team I see these two replacing Byrnes and Stokes in the best 22 , pretty exciting stuff.

For those guys OS / interstate guys who haven't heard this interview from this arvo.

Here it is.
Comes across as a fair bit different than I expected.
What did I expect? Well I didn't think he'd sound more confident than Varcoe already !

http://www.sen.com.au/audioplayer/Audio/Rising-Star-nominee-Steven-Motlop/4553

I heard him interviewed around the time that Misfud stuff was kicking off in the media and thought he was an incredibly assured and mature young man. I remember thinking at the time that it goes to show you draft the indvidual not the background or, especially, race.

What a fine young man, can see him and Varcoe being big players in our club's history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard him interviewed around the time that Misfud stuff was kicking off in the media and thought he was an incredibly assured and mature young man. I remember thinking at the time that it goes to show you draft the indvidual not the background or, especially, race.

What a fine young man, can see him and Varcoe being big players in our club's history.

Good post. I cannot add anything to it except to mention Allen Bundy Christensen.

Interesting that in his interview on SEN he mentioned that Stevie Johnson was an influence on him. That backward over the shoulder handball of young Motlop, at the 30 second mark of the video above, looked like it came straight out of the Stevie J text book.

Interesting that in his interview on SEN he mentioned that Stevie Johnson was an influence on him. That backward over the shoulder handball of young Motlop, at the 30 second mark of the video above, looked like it came straight out of the Stevie J text book.

Yes, and the grin on Johnson's face as he received it showed that he thought the same thing :D

I reckon the SJ grin was "i can't believe you did that and got away with it'

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Steven Motlop wins Round 6 NAB Rising Star nomination

Remove this Banner Ad

Back