Stevens death threat - Merged threads

Remove this Banner Ad

no, do one even better, let the police find out who done it, get a massive group of people, and beat the shit out of him, let the piece of trash rot in hell!!
believe me, i'm a vigilante at heart, and would have no problem with your suggestion. the justice system cannot be relied upon.

Re: Stevens death threat.

Well maybe this will put all the stevens bashers back into place after his game against Hawthorn.

Tell me this, do you think any player would be able to play well after receiving death threats that are actually plausable events (couple of thousand people on the field, not that hard for someone to smuggle a knife in)
Disturbing news, but you can't use these threats as an excuse for poor form and performances.

Seriously. :rolleyes:

Disturbing news, but you can't use these threats as an excuse for poor form and performances.

seriously yes you can, geez you go out there on the field and play a whole game not knowing if someone is gonna jump the fence and stab you, you'd be shitting yourself too!!

Makes me sick to death that in this day and age people can do things like this. We're talking about someone's life here not about football.

Juddy put it best when he said football is just a game. It is just that and for things to be taken as personal as they have been with stevo is extremelly scary,

Hope this son of a bitch get's caught and players and people alike can go on with their lives without having to fear for their lives.

Re: Nick Stevens- death threats

i sure as hell wouldn't. take for example the incident involving monica seles in the early 90s. got knifed by some nutbar from the stands. could just as easily happen at a footy ground to a player.

she was world no.1, and it screwed her whole carrier up.
how easy is it these days to walk into the ground with anything dangerious.. afl needs to do something about it quick and fast, they should put more money into making the players and officals alot safer, than promoting millions into india to publices the game!!

she was world no.1, and it screwed her whole carrier up.
how easy is it these days to walk into the ground with anything dangerious.. afl needs to do something about it quick and fast, they should put more money into making the players and officals alot safer, than promoting millions into india to publices the game!!

cant really blame seles for that
really stopped wat coudlve been the best female career ever

u no push and shove aside...i admit some ppl i dont like...but a death threat is something u would expect from the lowest common denominator of a pathetic excuse for a human being

i couldnt imagine the thoughts and fear in his mind once he saw ppl jumping over the fence and running onto the ground, i would be shit scared

is it feasible to get metal detectors organised? cause if the threat was genuine its not hard to sneak in a knife and run onto the ground before the 150kg securiy guard has struggeled to his feet thrown away his hotdog and begins plodding after u

i suppose thats y streaking is probably better....no where pleasent to keep anything out of site :p

just a question for people at the Carlton Vs Hawthorn game last week, anyone sitting around Isle 34 hear some Hawks F'Wit hacking into Stevo THE WHOLE GAME!! telling him how crap he is, it was disgraceful...
And im sure that never happens to any other player in the game

It's a shocking thing to threaten stevens, but smsing him? Cant they trace shit like that? not a very smart move

Well maybe this will put all the stevens bashers back into place after his game against Hawthorn.

Tell me this, do you think any player would be able to play well after receiving death threats that are actually plausable events (couple of thousand people on the field, not that hard for someone to smuggle a knife in)

Hell i dont like the way stevens treated laddo, but id never wish this on anyone. If this nut gets close to Stevens, then i hope Stevens has the nerve and skill to put the nut in his place.

Stevens has done well to play under this stress, i hope the carlton f.c, their fans and other supporters ralley around stevens and let it be known "this behviour is not on! I hope his mates watchs his back and they catch this nut and place them away for a long time.

I do not care what AfL team they barrack for, and if their team was playing carlton. I love footy but theres a limit and this nut has gone way past it, even if it only turns out, as an attempt to be a distraction for Stevens.

Stevens, congratulations for not backing down and conitinue to live and play your career as you please. I hope they catch this nut and should you have deal with them in person, i hope you have the skills to handle the stalker.....

What kind of low life hides behind a mobile phone and a crowd? :thumbsdown:

And im sure that never happens to any other player in the game

It's a shocking thing to threaten stevens, but smsing him? Cant they trace shit like that? not a very smart move
ever seen bourne ulitmatem? its not very hard to just buy a pre-paid sim and use it as a one off. it would be suicidle to send it from ur own phone. may as well walk up to him and say to his face, ur probably less likely to be caught.

Explains his form. What sort of twisted idiot goes about sending death threats to multiple players? :thumbsdown:

A ******** thats the sort of person who does that, congrats to nick for playing and not letting that tool get the better of him, the nutter should be banned from AFL games for life(if they ever find them)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes you wonder if the AFL was trying to enforce not to let spectators run onto the field when/if Buddy or Fev kicked their hundred for the mere reason that perhaps Stevens and other players from Carlton and Hawthorn were involved in the threats earlier in the season.

I remember Caro saying something about it being crazy to let everyone run onto the field for one day someone could get seriously hurt or stabbed. Perhaps Caro knew somethings we didn't.... it would make sense for the AFL to seriously hush it all... cos imagine all the media attention.. it would seriously comprimise players safety and mindset if for the whole game the camera is on them and all the extra media attention.

This whole thing about the media going nuts about Fevola wearing a rubber thingy is nothing compared to this.

I don't think pointscoring is necessary here. Those critical of Stevens as a footballer would be just as concerned about these threats as any other Carlton supporter.

When you weigh up player performance, you look at recent form and current form and you look at a series of performance indicators. You may factor in if that player is known to be carrying an injury. Under no circumstances would you factor in if that player is playing under mental duress because he received death threats.

I do not agree with calls of 'dud', 'hack', 'sack him' etc etc as these are over the top emotional responses. It is because Stevo is so talented and can turn a game on its ear, that some supporters get disappointed when he has little effect and doesn't seem to be running hard or chasing hard.

These consistency issues have plagued him his whole career so one can be forgiven for thinking it is a playing issue, not because he is still coming back from his neck surgery or because he received death threats. It may very well have affected his performance on Saturday night, no doubt. But then we are told he received threats months ago as well and has turned out some fantastic games and some disappointing games since then.

Let's separate performance from the very real and immediate issue here ... one of our boys has had his life threatened.:(

Unless of couse Nick is actually having some neighbourly "issues". :eek:

8f06_018.jpg

You thinking something like this???

cant really blame seles for that
really stopped wat coudlve been the best female career ever

u no push and shove aside...i admit some ppl i dont like...but a death threat is something u would expect from the lowest common denominator of a pathetic excuse for a human being

i couldnt imagine the thoughts and fear in his mind once he saw ppl jumping over the fence and running onto the ground, i would be shit scared

is it feasible to get metal detectors organised? cause if the threat was genuine its not hard to sneak in a knife and run onto the ground before the 150kg securiy guard has struggeled to his feet thrown away his hotdog and begins plodding after u

i suppose thats y streaking is probably better....no where pleasent to keep anything out of site :p

wasnt blaming her for anything, it was a pure disaster what happened to her.
but the piece of trash needs to be dealt with!

Stevo was sent an SMS. How did this person get his phone number?
I wouldn't think it was something Nick gave out to just anybody.

Nick owns a landscaping business, it was probably obtained through that.

I don't think pointscoring is necessary here. Those critical of Stevens as a footballer would be just as concerned about these threats as any other Carlton supporter.

When you weigh up player performance, you look at recent form and current form and you look at a series of performance indicators. You may factor in if that player is known to be carrying an injury. Under no circumstances would you factor in if that player is playing under mental duress because he received death threats.

I do not agree with calls of 'dud', 'hack', 'sack him' etc etc as these are over the top emotional responses. It is because Stevo is so talented and can turn a game on its ear, that some supporters get disappointed when he has little effect and doesn't seem to be running hard or chasing hard.

These consistency issues have plagued him his whole career so one can be forgiven for thinking it is a playing issue, not because he is still coming back from his neck surgery or because he received death threats. It may very well have affected his performance on Saturday night, no doubt. But then we are told he received threats months ago as well and has turned out some fantastic games and some disappointing games since then.

Let's separate performance from the very real and immediate issue here ... one of our boys has had his life threatened.:(

Exhibit A

just a question for people at the Carlton Vs Hawthorn game last week, anyone sitting around Isle 34 hear some Hawks F'Wit hacking into Stevo THE WHOLE GAME!! telling him how crap he is, it was disgraceful... Then ontop of that, hearing him tell us how badly the Hawks are treated by the umps!

I heard the abuse too. It came from six or seven guys sitting in the back row (between aisles 33 and 34). Some poor, self-syled imitation of the Carlton crew. I was only about 10 metres from them. Their Stevens-specific abuse was appalling and continued for four quarters. At one a guy with small children asked them to quieten down and they became extremly abusive and threatening to him. The club actually has to do something about these people, otherwise people like me will downgrade their package to avoid sitting in this area. This area is Social Club reserved seating, but the abuse I heard on Saturday was worse than anything I have heard in the general admission section from others clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Stevens death threat - Merged threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Back