Stevens death threat - Merged threads

Remove this Banner Ad

BrainImpulse.gif

Huh - there's 3 :p

Prove it's yours!

I have no idea. I deal with them, their familes and victims.
I see what they do to eevry part of society. Are you a complete moron. Just because I try to help them does that mean I have no idea of what they are capable of.
What is your solution - the Nazi way of killing them all?
Miss Hawk Fan what are you talking about?

No i have been miss understood, i believe their are some genuine cases and that is what our mental health clinics are for, these genuine people are normally in system for more than two weeks. They deserve to have family, friends and local supports.

There is scum out there that abuse this system and they're clever and know about this system. They now complete what they are doing, when they commit the crime and use the "mental" status to get away free....

Don't ever come in here again pretending to be the voice of reason. Your selfish, ignorant opinions are on view now for all to see. The terms "them", "they" and (incorrectly) "there" are true indications of your dumb generalizations. Rather than thank your lucky stars you are only partially deranged through no-one's fault but your own, you do your best to make life as difficult as possible for those less fortunate than yourself by spouting hateful rubbish on forums such as this.

Have a think about all the good people out there doing something to support and rehabilitate those with psychological conditions and then hang your head in shame. You are an apologist for bigotry - sickening. :thumbsdown:

Sir, i am not the one that needs to review my behaviour, i have not been rude like you. You are the one that needs to sit back and take a look at your behaviour, even if i have touch an issue close to your heart. The above post really isn't called for.:thumbsdown:

Yes i have relationship with people that have mental issues and trust me, they get my support. Im also know they are genuine.

I am also aware of people in our world, that go out and commit crime knowing what they are doing and then cry out "mental" status. These are more to whom my post are directed too.

My post may not have been clear enough, but had you took the time to clarify the situation further you would of got the above answer from me.

No i have been miss understood, i believe their are some genuine cases and that is what our mental health clinics are for, these genuine people are normally in system for more than two weeks. They deserve to have family, friends and local supports.

There is scum out there that abuse this system and they're clever and know about this system. They now complete what they are doing, when they commit the crime and use the "mental" status to get away free....

Sir, i am not the one that needs to review my behaviour, i have not been rude like you. You are the one that needs to sit back and take a look at your behaviour, even if i have touch an issue close to your heart. The above post really isn't called for.:thumbsdown:

Yes i have relationship with people that have mental issues and trust me, they get my support. Im also know they are genuine.

I am also aware of people in our world, that go out and commit crime know what they are doing and then cry out "mental" status. These are more to whom my post are directed too.

My post my not have been clear enough, but had you took the time to clarify the situation further you would of got the above answer from me.

DSC008491.jpg

Don't you start, principled, level-headed mod-type person thing. :mad::thumbsdown:

Don't forget 'full of hate lynching party'! I worked hard for those credentials, who the **** do you think you are trying to take them from me?!? :mad:

Seeing it was Choc Williams anyway we know he cannot be helped.
My problem with the Hawks girl was her reasoning that because I am a pharmacist for a mental Helath clinic I did not know what I was talking about - I took issue to that.
I at no point was making excuses for the threats against players etc
In fact if we look back last week when the question was aked will you run out I was one of the few who said No due to the fact that there had been recent threats against players. Amazing how the news turned up afterwards with Stevo

There are diffrent angles here and you've only viewed it from your as far as i can read, PLease look at the complete picture here.

if's......

A victim, wouldn't have a complete understanding of how a docter would treat a menatlly ill patent. Does this make the Victim any less of a victim? Or the pain any less for the victim? My veiw no?

A Docter may feel for and treat Menatally ill person and the victim, does this mean they know how it feels to be a victim or the mentally ill person?

No.

I apologise i ment no disrespect to you opinion, just trying to challenge you to veiw this on a bigger scale of all involved.

If Stevens attacker is sick (i doubt, his sane enough to organise mobile that can't be traced and avoid police detection) do you really think that would make stevens feel any better? I doubt it. If you was in stevens shoes would you feel any better if the person that was trying to kill you was mental?

Mental status or not, it would make no diffrence this person is make threats on your life and you cant asume they won't act on it.

There are diffrent angles here and you've only viewed it from your as far as i can read, PLease look at the complete picture here.

if's......

A victim, wouldn't have a complete understanding of how a docter would treat a menatlly ill patent. Does this make the Victim any less of a victim? Or the pain any less for the victim? My veiw no?

A Docter may feel for and treat Menatally ill person and the victim, does this mean they know how it feels to be a victim or the mentally ill person?

No.

I apologise i ment no disrespect to you opinion, just trying to challenge you to veiw this on a bigger scale of all involved.

If Stevens attacker is sick (i doubt, his sane enough to organise mobile that can't be traced and avoid police detection) do you really think that would make stevens feel any better? I doubt it. If you was in stevens shoes would you feel any better if the person that was trying to kill you was mental?

Mental status or not, it would make no diffrence this person is make threats on your life and you cant asume they won't act on it.

23282025.Image003.jpg

Blues star shaken

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24305687-19742,00.html

CARLTON midfielder Nick Stevens yesterday revealed he was off his game in Round 22 against Hawthorn because of an anonymous death threat only hours before the match.

Stevens said he had been receiving death threats for eight months, but was disconcerted by the latest because the unknown caller had threatened to stab him during the crowd invasion after Hawks forward Lance Franklin's 100th goal.

"He said he was going to run out and stab me and kill me that night," Stevens said. "It probably did bother me that night a bit, I reckon.

"You say it doesn't, but I remember being in the huddle and thinking, 'Is this bloke near me?'

"I knew he couldn't get to me, but I was still thinking where is he and is he actually here."

Franklin kicked his 100th goal in the first term and, as the crowd poured on to the field, two security guards ran straight to Stevens as a precautionary measure.

Stevens said that while the threats otherwise didn't bother him much, they caused considerable anxiety for his girlfriend, Jackie.

"It doesn't affect me, but I have a missus that has to go home to an empty house some nights and her partner is not there, and he has had death threats," Stevens said.

"She has to walk through a 75-square home on her own. Jackie is fine with it all. There are cameras in our house just in case.

"It's more a headache than anything else."

The Blues star was told by the police not to reveal the death threats to his teammates.

Authorities said if they were widely known, they could hinder the investigation.

"I couldn't tell anyone," Stevens said.

"The police told me I couldn't tell anybody because it would harm the investigation. Not one of the boys knew, no one.

"Greg Swann and Stephen Icke were the only two people who knew about it and they didn't want to alarm any of the boys."

The man is believed to have sent death threats to several other AFL players this season, including North Melbourne's Nathan Thompson.

"I think he's been trying to get into Nathan Thompson," Stevens said.

"It seems he is doing it to all the blokes who are easy targets. When he rings he waits for 20 seconds then hangs up.

"I have a business and I'm sort of easy to get hold of. I think the bloke watches too much CSI.

"But I don't reckon I'll hear from him now. I reckon he will go low key.

Police are continuing their investigation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps it is.

However, I still believe there is some merit to the notion that mental illness is far too often used as a way to make a victim out of the true perpetrator and a perpetrator out of the true victim.

Thankyou, you've said it perfectly.

Yes i have a connection; One of my best friends has children and the ex partner pulled a knife on them, then claimed "mental status". The attacker was made out to be the victim, when really the true victim in that case was the children.

The attacker claimed mental status and was home living life as normal in 14 days.

Totally of stevens subject, but gives a few posters here that question my post a reason as to my views. I wasn't out to or intend to target them all.

Thankyou, you've said it perfectly.

Yes i have a connection; One of my best friends has children and the ex partner pulled a knife on them, then claimed "mental status". The attacker was made out to be the victim, when really the true victim in that case was the children.

The attacker claimed mental status and was home living life as normal in 14 days.

Totally of stevens subject, but gives a few posters here that question my post a reason as to my views. I wasn't out to or intend to target them all.

Then next time put your brain in gear before yapping off on such a sensitive issue. We've all had family and friends who have been affected by tragedy and disaster. Doesn't make us authorities regardless of the circumstances. Think. Post.

Then next time put your brain in gear before yapping off on such a sensitive issue. We've all had family and friends who have been affected by tragedy and disaster. Doesn't make us authorities regardless of the circumstances. Think. Post.

If you had of caught my earlier post on this subject, i think you may of had a better understanding of my thoughts.

At least i was trying to explain myself and think of all involved. I missed stevens GF, poor woman. I didn't have blinkers on and i was prepared to listens to others opinion and reply with out being rude, as such as you was. I grow in knowledge by listening to others opinions. Just becuase some one is an "Authoritie" doesn't always mean they have the right answers, if they did crimminals wouldn't be using the mental status as a get out of jail card as often as they do..... Thats why we get to vote and take and concerns to Politicians, so the issues can be repersented to all. Yes i have been to see the local federal politician, as it was only on thursday this week, i've been advised they're taking the issues further.

You'd be best served by taking some of your own advice!

Remove this Banner Ad

Stevens death threat - Merged threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Back