Stevens death threat - Merged threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Two sides to that coin too Guns.

Those who treat/rehabilitate/care for the mentally ill will obviously not see them in the same light as a victim or someone close to a victim of a violent rape/assault/murder that is apparently 'mitigated' by the fact that the perpetrator may not have been of sound mental capacity.

But, inasmuch as it was a personal swipe at you, again:

sparta003.jpg

Ignorance is ignorance, regardless.

Ignorance is ignorance, regardless.

So if Miss Hawks Fan was a victim of a voilent rape as a pure innocent 14yo and on account of an insanity defence the perpetrator is still freely walking the streets, you wouldn't view her opinions on the matter in a different light?

This is however, all besides the point. As I said earlier, in the absence of any evidence to suggest that the weak **** who threatened our vice captain's life suffers from mental illness, why are we in such a hurry to make this excuse for him???

Lets not lose focus here people, the villian here is the pi$$weak **** who threatened Stevo!

We only have to feel bad for his plight if we assume he suffers from mental illness, but what evidence to we have to suggest this?

And what has he done to warrant this benefit of the doubt from Carlton fans?

No. Until he is caught and it is confirmed that he has mental illness, I'm going to assume he's just a lowlife who is full of hate to the point of contemplating acting on it in an inexcusable dog-like manner and as such, I stand by my initial suggestion of tying him to a goal post at Visy Park for the Carlton faithful to come and show him what happens to those who threaten our own.

If, once he is caught, it turns out that he does suffer from mental illness, I'll revise my stand then.

Until then:
sparta003.jpg

Anyone who sends text threats or is full of hate is more than likely to have a problem don't you think BY

I would much rather assume that than that he is a lowlife - You sound a bit like a lynching party BY

Seeing it was Choc Williams anyway we know he cannot be helped.
My problem with the Hawks girl was her reasoning that because I am a pharmacist for a mental Helath clinic I did not know what I was talking about - I took issue to that.
I at no point was making excuses for the threats against players etc
In fact if we look back last week when the question was aked will you run out I was one of the few who said No due to the fact that there had been recent threats against players. Amazing how the news turned up afterwards with Stevo

So if Miss Hawks Fan was a victim of a voilent rape as a pure innocent 14yo and on account of an insanity defence the perpetrator is still freely walking the streets, you wouldn't view her opinions on the matter in a different light?

This is however, all besides the point. As I said earlier, in the absence of any evidence to suggest that the weak c*nt who threatened our vice captain's life suffers from mental illness, why are we in such a hurry to make this excuse for him???

It was a text message for crying out loud - not much worse than if I threatened you here. You seem full of hate BY - now calling the unknown offender a weak c*nt :eek:

This is however, all besides the point. As I said earlier, in the absence of any evidence to suggest that the weak c*nt who threatened our vice captain's life suffers from mental illness, why are we in such a hurry to make this excuse for him???

I'm not making excuses for anyone. I just won't accept views from people who denigrate all those with psychological issues as potential criminals with get-out cards in their pockets. If Hilary Hawk has been violated by someone I'm sorry but to generalize the way she did is just crap.

Anyone who sends text threats or is full of hate is more than likely to have a problem don't you think BY

I would much rather assume that than that he is a lowlife - You sound a bit like a lynching party BY

If by not running to the defence of and making excuse for someone who threatens the life of someone close to me (or a Carlton player) that makes me a lynching party, then I guess I'm a lynching party :rolleyes:

I'm not making excuses for anyone. I just won't accept views from people who denigrate all those with psychological issues as potential criminals with get-out cards in their pockets. If Hilary Hawk has been violated by someone I'm sorry but to generalize the way she did is just crap.

Perhaps it is.

However, I still believe there is some merit to the notion that mental illness is far too often used as a way to make a victim out of the true perpetrator and a perpetrator out of the true victim.

It was a text message for crying out loud - not much worse than if I threatened you here. You seem full of hate BY - now calling the unknown offender a weak c*nt :eek:

So if you threatened my life on here and I responded by calling you a weak c*nt for threatening me on here, that would make me the one who is full of hate?!? :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very much over it mate.

My tying the perp to a goal post suggestion was about as tongue in cheek as you can get...

Some of my closest friends suffer from depression and I am as sympathetic as anyone to their plight, and accordingly, I also don't believe that making too many excuses for them is in any way beneficial to their recovery. They need to be responsible for their actions and be made to understand that they too, in spite of their challenges, are accountable for their actions. :thumbsu:

this subject has been done to death now. i agree with Five, it isnt cool that he was threatened. but i do believe that it was blown out of the water by the media.. carlton denied it all, so who knows. could've just been some stupid kid who knows stevo's number somehow. how many times do u think someone like Fev is threatened. No point in arguing about it anymore bcus it seems that we are now turning against eachother

this subject has been done to death now. i agree with Five, it isnt cool that he was threatened. but i do believe that it was blown out of the water by the media.. carlton denied it all, so who knows. could've just been some stupid kid who knows stevo's number somehow. how many times do u think someone like Fev is threatened. No point in arguing about it anymore bcus it seems that we are now turning against eachother

Who says so, idiot? :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Stevens death threat - Merged threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Back