Opinion Stringer theory. NO ESSENDON SUPPORTERS.

Is the Stringer situation beyond repair? Now in its correct thread, even if nobody asked for it.

• The club clearly want him out the door.

Votes: 102 34.7%
  • This was just a shot across Jakes bow as a means of motivating him. He's going nowhere.

Votes: 49 16.7%
  • The club is clearly a rabble. Sack Macca!

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • This is just the first play in massive trade that we are not yet privy to.

Votes: 19 6.5%
  • This is a game of blink and Jake and Conners just blinked.

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Its time to move on a negotiate the best deal we can.

Votes: 36 12.2%
  • I felt sad for Jake on that stage with Conners pulling his strings.

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • To lose 1 CEO may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose 4 looks like carelessness.

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • The Jack 'Armageddon Option' Watts Option.

Votes: 12 4.1%
  • We've warned you about creating polls Norm! Yet for shame you persist.

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • You really don't create enough polls Norm.

Votes: 32 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All Australian, 3 time leading goal kicker and played in a flag all before 24, hardly pissing away a top 5 pick.
And getting rid of him arguably before his peak isn't pissing away a pick?

Plus the pick we will receive for him, huge downgrade.

Agree to disagree on that one.

Last edited:
Laundry day :D

how-men-sort-their-laundry-filthy-but-wearable-filthy-rgpostgd-27340482.png

Embarrassing replying to my own post, but sooooo much dirty laundry out there now :$

One has to wonder how much is true given how bitter she is. Not surprising though given this is common in football circles.

However i don't believe she didn't think this could happen before becoming a WAG.

I read somewhere she has her own dirty laundry

You are what's wrong with the world.

From you, I'll take that as a compliment :rainbow:

Spot on m8. I like how you are inside that relationship and have got to the nub of the problem.

Oh for the days when a woman was tethered to kitchen and bed....:thumbsu:o_O

Not quite the point I was making m8, but feel free to be a smart ass instead of formulating an actual reply.

Back to the Jurassic we go

Clearly not the point I was making, but due to being a young mother she's never seemed to be a career type, so all she could do is support Jake as much as she could at home. My fiancé makes a lot more than I do, when kids come I'll probably be the stay at home dad. And guess what? I know it will be my duty to make home the happy place, I'm hardly stereotyping that women should be that role. FFS

She's clearly not a feminist mate. She called a 17 year old girl a "homewrecker", hardly the hallmark of a feminist.

In any case, theres nothing wrong with being a feminist.

She's got every right to say and do what she has imo.

She is a lot of things but feminist is not one of them. This is 2017 not the 1950s.

I don't follow her social media, but all her "empowering women" type posts when I just looked say otherwise. I don't care if she is or isn't, but it says a lot about the person mentally, because half the time they are ****ing crazy. Good on her for doing what she does for women & making things more public, just not this aspect of her private life. Just my 2c that's obviously touched some nerves

On the bright side this should help everyone at the club to grow up a little.

Once the bitch fight is over everyone always feels dirty.

JJ has learnt you should never ever ever pick sides in some else's relationship break up - absolutely nothing good can come of it.

There is no right or wrong side - there is just shit flying around.

It's time now for Bev to confront Jake with a strap on and help him become the man he needs to be.

As much as I'd like Jake to stay and until recently thought he could. But premiership teams run on comraderey and spirit. Everyone doesn't have to be the same type of character, but they need to trust and respect each other. I can't see the rest of the group trusting or respecting Jake.
I really hope he puts his life together and quickly. At another club? I think it has to be that way. If he doesn't do the work his career will be over before he knows. And then who knows.
Ben Cousins is watching this Grand Final from jail! He reached greater heights than Jake.

JJ has learnt you should never ever ever pick sides in some else's relationship break up - absolutely nothing good can come of it.

It's time now for Bev to confront Jake with a strap on and help him become the man he needs to be.

Umm...what?:huh:

From you, I'll take that as a compliment :rainbow:

Not quite the point I was making m8, but feel free to be a smart ass instead of formulating an actual reply.

Clearly not the point I was making, but due to being a young mother she's never seemed to be a career type, so all she could do is support Jake as much as she could at home. My fiancé makes a lot more than I do, when kids come I'll probably be the stay at home dad. And guess what? I know it will be my duty to make home the happy place, I'm hardly stereotyping that women should be that role. FFS

I don't follow her social media, but all her "empowering women" type posts when I just looked say otherwise. I don't care if she is or isn't, but it says a lot about the person mentally, because half the time they are ******* crazy. Good on her for doing what she does for women & making things more public, just not this aspect of her private life. Just my 2c that's obviously touched some nerves

Cheer up m8. It GF Day and the beers are flowing

JJ has learnt you should never ever ever pick sides in some else's relationship break up - absolutely nothing good can come of it
If a friend of mine cheats on their pregnant wife who is also a friend of mine, they better have a bloody good reason for doing so that isn't 'excess testosterone' or you can be pretty sure of which side im taking

Last edited:

Call me crazy, but I'd say it's everyone in the house's responsibility to make the home a happy place. To suggest the person Who is at home is to blame if it isn't, regardless of gender, is absurd.

People need to realize that like many others, Stringer is just a simple beast that succumbs to his most primal instincts: sexual debauchery, gambling, perhaps a dabble in certain substances and whatever other trigger that provides him with a dopamine rush.

You could say, he is not even human, and his behavior is more akin to those scientifically demonstrated amongst his ancestors tens of thousands of years up the evolution tree.

They have no desire to pursue excellence in any field of endeavor, they may well be gifted but the gift is just a means towards achieving that next dopamine rush. People like Stringer have no discipline, creativity, sense of urgency or ability to plan long-term, they will roam around, essentially in a drunken stupor from point to point with no purpose other than to please themselves in the immediate moment.

Unfortunately, people like Stringer are condemned from birth IMO, no amount of guidance and wisdom will change how their minds are hard wired. When Stringer is old and on his deathbed and laden with the smell of Iodoform in his nostrils, he will no doubt look through the hospital's airtight, metal-framed windows wondering what could have been - this will be the most unfortunate event in the end.

I agree, either way it will galvanize the club. This stance is showing no room for passengers.

By the looks of it he should have known he had to man up but wasn't taking it seriously enough - until now.

If Jake mans up & apologizes to the whole club that he has serious issues, needs help & will get help and commits, I think this could be what Wallis was talking about

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Call me crazy, but I'd say it's everyone in the house's responsibility to make the home a happy place. To suggest the person Who is at home is to blame if it isn't, regardless of gender, is absurd.

Particularly when the other party not at home is pissing away all the money on gambling and infidelity!

They are young men with high testosterone, too much money, time and women chasing them - what do you expect? Of course its not isolated its entirely ****en normal!
You seem incapable of acknowledging

Why persist with this facade of empathy. Abby has the excuse of knowing Stringer since he was 13 and entered into a relationship with him when she had no idea what it would be like as a partner of an AFL player. You don't

Just because it's normal, doesn't mean people are not affected, hurt and destroyed by it. If it's 'normal' it doesn't make it ok.

People need to realize that like many others, Stringer is just a simple beast that succumbs to his most primal instincts: sexual debauchery, gambling, perhaps a dabble in certain substances and whatever other trigger that provides him with a dopamine rush.

You could say, he is not even human, and his behavior is more akin to those scientifically demonstrated amongst his ancestors tens of thousands of years up the evolution tree.

They have no desire to pursue excellence in any field of endeavor, they may well be gifted but the gift is just a means towards achieving that next dopamine rush. People like Stringer have no discipline, creativity, sense of urgency or ability to plan long-term, they will roam around, essentially in a drunken stupor from point to point with no purpose other than to please themselves in the immediate moment.

Unfortunately, people like Stringer are condemned from birth IMO, no amount of guidance and wisdom will change how their minds are hard wired. When Stringer is old and on his deathbed and laden with the smell of Iodoform in his nostrils, he will no doubt look through the hospital's airtight, metal-framed windows wondering what could have been - this will be the most unfortunate event in the end.

Jesus.

Dramatic!! First time 'Iodoform' had been used on Bigfooty?

I'm not saying it's her fault, or even majority of it. Just possibly a contributing factor

Seems this is denigrating into a non footy forum.
So does the club need to employ a marriage councillor.
Could have saved my whole public affair 15 years ago.Havent seen my child since.

I find this a very interesting post. I don't know if it is him exactly but yeah to be civilised/cultured means to defer gratification and work for a long term goal.

There are other ramifications which come with a losing gambling addiction which are not addressed.

There are different issues causing different issues within the playing group not just one

If JS goes will that be enough to go a long way to healing the group or are there other issues not related to this mess?

He reminds be a lot of Ragnar from the Vikings TV show but without the ambition/emotional depth/intellect. He's just pure nang energy. Basically Ragnar season 4A.

Last edited:
If JS goes will that be enough to go a long way to healing the group or are there other issues not related to this mess?

Who knows there are over 40 personalities involved in a footy club there will always be issues, the key is working together for football goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back