Stuart Fox leaves and the search for a replacement CEO

Remove this Banner Ad

Does this entice Evans back? Its a promotion from his former role at the club and wouldnt be a step back from current position with AFL.

A decade as CEO of a powerful club awaits him if he wants it

Jake Niall seems to think Evans would be a good replacement for Fox:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/why...e/news-story/c5873723e8ce1215d13896aaffda9e86

I took my boys over to the Hawks Museum just before lunch today. As we were returning to our car who should we see heading into the
Ricoh Centre but Mark Evans, accompanied by his wife and daughter. Coincidence??!!

Jake Niall seems to think Evans would be a good replacement for Fox:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/why...e/news-story/c5873723e8ce1215d13896aaffda9e86

I took my boys over to the Hawks Museum just before lunch today. As we were returning to our car who should we see heading into the
Ricoh Centre but Mark Evans, accompanied by his wife and daughter. Coincidence??!!
Not really, if they're his wife & daughter.

I reckon it was pretty well planned. Them entering on their own might be a bit weird, but I don't think it coincidental if they all entered together - probably arrived in the same car...;):D

I don't know anything, of course, but the club has a lot of people and structure in place (more than I think the article gives credit for) and I would bet there are two options leading the Evans' choice.

The first is an internal candidate. Hawthorn have become very good over the last five years of managing smooth transitions as one key person after another is poached from other clubs or organisations. For all the coaches, board members, etc, that have been poached, I can't think of one that was replaced externally. I would be amazed if they didn't have a succession plan in place for a sudden Fox departure.

The second is a tangential, non-industry guy. The last three presidents have been non-industry guys, more focused on organisational performance than football itself. Granted, Stuart Fox was a long time industry guy but I wouldn't be surprised if a board member, or consultant to the board, became CEO. Football operations are in pretty good shape. The big challenge of the coming years will be Dingley and non-football revenue (I think that a transition from gaming will become inevitable, for one reason or another, but inevitable). Someone with the talent to both keep the football department focused and high performing while managing the club through some distinctly non-footy challenges could easily come from outside the industry.

But then what do I know? Not much.

I'd love it to be Mark Evans, for no other reason than the crash of bigfooty if we get a half decent MRP result, or umpire decision etc, claiming that we are being favoured due to Evans being part of AFL house previously

I would have though that Evans would be privy to information about the AFL that people outside the executives wouldn't know about. I wouldn't be surprised if bigfooty melts without those scenarios.

How important is it with Dingley for the CEO to be a money man?

Are we forgetting the role of the CFO?
Surely a project with the scope of Dingley would warrant it's own separate project management committee answerable to the board..

Almost forgot..
And Dougie, work hard and be good to your mum.

Whats Langers Snr up to these days?

Experience at AFL house, and he sure as $hit delivered on Waverley when we were looking for a new home last time.:thumbsu:

As professional as we are, with our good record on and off the field, it just nags me that somewhere, sometime, we're gonna make a mistake. Not saying it's going to be now, but the stakes are high. Very high. Critical time in the history of the club. Guess it only adds to the pressure in making the right choice.

Whats Langers Snr up to these days?

Experience at AFL house, and he sure as $hit delivered on Waverley when we were looking for a new home last time.:thumbsu:

As professional as we are, with our good record on and off the field, it just nags me that somewhere, sometime, we're gonna make a mistake. Not saying it's going to be now, but the stakes are high. Very high. Critical time in the history of the club. Guess it only adds to the pressure in making the right choice.

Chris Langford is also the Director of a commercial property at the moment - so he'd probably have the right skill set. He'd be a really good choice in my uneducated opinion.

Hawthorn Football Club has appointed Pacific Search Partners to assist in the recruitment of the club’s new chief executive officer.

Pacific Search Partners will undertake a thorough process that will include advertising nationally as the club’s board looks to appoint a chief executive to lead the club through the next stage of its development.

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2017-02-06/ceo-search-begins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn Football Club has appointed Pacific Search Partners to assist in the recruitment of the club’s new chief executive officer.

Pacific Search Partners will undertake a thorough process that will include advertising nationally as the club’s board looks to appoint a chief executive to lead the club through the next stage of its development.

The finance director will hold the fort until the new boss is selected.

Not sure I am so keen on Mark Evans being appointed. He is a forever spruiking that stupid golden point rule to decide Grand Finals which had cost Box Hill Hawks Development sqaud at least one premiership.

So Caro was right then. Someone at Hawks HQ likes giving her info then. ???

Hawks just going through the integrity motions. Evans has the job.

As an aside, they have found a bit of contamination at the Dingley site which may effect the development long term.

Why spend the money on Pacific Search partners then? Not keen on Evans at all. I think it would be good to get someone from outside of the boys club in, some fresh blood. Sick of seeing the same old faces recycled.

As an aside, they have found a bit of contamination at the Dingley site which may effect the development long term.

It's nothing too serious. What do you know about lead?

IMG_1602.jpg

It will never happen.

Fitzpatrick hates Hawthorn as much as we hate him, the arrogant pr*ck.

So True. :p

It's funny, Hawthorn hate is so ubiquitous I'm actually surprised when ex-players show any respect/love......

From the same era as Ftiz-what-a-prick, Mark Maclure quite obviously likes and respects the way we do things at our club and Kevin Bartlett has always been impressed with our ability to be dangerous and around the mark.

Raised my respect for both fellas immeasurably.:D

I'm more intrigued by the fact that Richard Goyder has left his job at Wesfarmers to take up the AFL position, a step backwards IMO.

Personally I would prefer the company perks that come with working for the AFL vs Wesfarmers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Stuart Fox leaves and the search for a replacement CEO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back