MRP / Trib. Suban straight to Tribunal

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats a joke. Looked bad from behind angle but from front on was nothing in it. Lake will go and with Double demerit points so will Cyril I assume (not having seen how they have been rated by MRP)

Don't even remember the Subes one.

What were the other two reports? Was it for the elbow to Son Son's face and the shoulder charge on Pearce in the marking contest?

Wouldn't surprise me if either were reported after we didn't get a single 50 out of it. There were two sets of rules out there depending on which colour jumper you were wearing.

For **** sake, Rioli got a goal after the ump called holding the ball, Walters didnt get 50m

I'm still in disbelief as to how that wasn't 50m. It's not like it was off the ball and the maggot might of missed it, he would have been looking straight at it. Late and a raised elbow.......fair dinkum

As for Suban... Hate to say it - but he deserves to go straight to the tribunal. No place in the game for that shit.

Yes, he's passionate.
Yes, he bleeds for the jumper.
Yes, he's tough and he puts his body on the line.
Yes, he flies the flag when he needs to.
Yes, it was a GF and emotions were high.
Yes, he's one of my favourites...

But sorry - he overstepped the mark with trying to rip a guy's cheek off. Stupid, stupid thing to do.

Chicken Wing:
Dan-20130929195807252130-300x0.jpg

Elbow to the face:
Dan-20130929195716698912-620x349.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F'n Cyril and his chicken wing... I was livid when that happened - ranrting about how can a guy get a free when he's done the chicken wing??? So he gets a free which results in a goal, but also gets suspended for the exact same thing??? Explain that one Geisch. :rolleyes:

F'n Cyril and his chicken wing... I was livid when that happened - ranrting about how can a guy get a free when he's done the chicken wing??? So he gets a free which results in a goal, but also gets suspended for the exact same thing??? Explain that one Geisch. :rolleyes:

Umm ahh, based on the angle the umpire could not see the blatant free kick and barlow had no prior opportunity so he should have thrown the ball out and it would have been play on.

Yeh, so Barlow's fault for not throwing the ball. Yeh that's it.

I think the chicken wing was a direct result of the hawks tackling style.
I haven't seen them play much this year but i don't remember out boys getting one arm pinned in tackles as much as they did the other day.
Great tackling technique from the hawks pretty much defends the head duck elbow raise they players use the draw frees.

'Based on the fact Cyril was wearing brown and gold it was the correct decision given the parameters the umpires were instructed to work within on the day'

So true.

Just like Vlad's angry face after the game was because the umpires hadn't been quite subtle enough in following his pre-game directive. These two suspensions for Cyril and Lake are there for all to see. No wonder he looked pissed off.

Just had a look at the "The Verdict" on the AFL website. Fraser said they weren't sure what to charge Suban with so that's why it is being sent straight to the tribunal. Seems odd they don't have a charge that could cover it on their list of standard charges.

Just had a look at the "The Verdict" on the AFL website. Fraser said they weren't sure what to charge Suban with so that's why it is being sent straight to the tribunal. Seems odd they don't have a charge that could cover it on their list of standard charges.

They do, but misconduct charges are strange. They're basically a catch-all charge and, from my reading, are often referred directly to the tribunal because they're unusual. I think, in this case it's not the charge that's unknown (clearly it's the right charge), I think it's how they're going to grade it ... I think that's what they meant??

IMHO, with the double demerit means that he's in a bit of strife - there's a good chance it will be level 2 offence, with double demerit would make it 4 weeks - could even go Intentional/Low/High which would be 325x2 = 6 weeks :eek:. Have to be bloody unlucky to get that though - most likely to get the 4 weeks (2 weeks in normal game).

Suban's face gouge was inexcusable and I will be OK if he gets 4 weeks for it. Passion is one thing but trying to rip a guy's face off is just a dog act. We need to either re-educate or weed out the guys who can't control themselves at the big moments and I'm afraid Subes is one and Ballas is another. Both have a habit of giving away stupid free kicks at the worst possible times.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Suban straight to Tribunal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back