Training Summer Footy Fix - 2022 training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Nowhere near it.

It's cured when someone plays
A) more than 50 games in it.

Or

B) There is a premiership player with that number.

You ain't outa the woods yet mate. šŸ˜‰

Poor Moorey. Not even 4th in a B&F and elite status is enough to break the curse. It's clearly a heavy burden!

Saving electrons.
No need to repeat waffle to reply to it.

Your waffle here is so prolific that you could open a chain of diners - keep riding that high horse like that and youā€™ll be entering it in the Melbourne Cup this year.

Last edited:
One for the track watchers - from my view it seems that Tom Phillips isnā€™t setting the world alight. I thought he wasnā€™t as bad as others seemed to last year - but at this rate would he be falling behind in the pecking order? Quite the turnaround from being our mid-term Omith replacement to possibly playing at Box Hill in 12 months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An interesting problem to have but with Bramble heading the Group
of HBFā€™s pushing up the ground where do Morrison and Howe play ??

I'd have them pencilled in for both wings rotating with ward and mcdonald with phillips missing out. Having your quick skilful players on the hbf seems to be the way footy is going to be played , run and carry on turnovers and go directly through the middle of the ground suits cj,impey and bramble perfectly.

One for the track watchers - from my view it seems that Tom Phillips isnā€™t setting the world alight. I thought he wasnā€™t as bad as others seemed to last year - but at this rate would he be falling behind in the pecking order? Quite the turnaround from being our mid-term Omith replacement to possibly playing at Box Hill in 12 months.
Hard to say based on the one intra club but IMO I would have Morrison and Howe ahead of him. I would also be picking Ward, Macdonald, Nash, and Newcombe before Tom. We'll get a better picture with the community series games coming up. They'll all get a chance to press their case with the expanded benches.

Hard to say based on the one intra club but IMO I would have Morrison and Howe ahead of him. I would also be picking Ward, Macdonald, Nash, and Newcombe before Tom. We'll get a better picture with the community series games coming up. They'll all get a chance to press their case with the expanded benches.
Excellent problem to have. If Phillips is pushed out it means a younger player is excelling. If a young player needs a spell he comes right back in.

An interesting problem to have but with Bramble heading the Group
of HBFā€™s pushing up the ground where do Morrison and Howe play ??

Howeā€™s ability to play wing, as a defensive/negating midfielder and off the halfback line makes him a very valuable bench player for mine.

who's everyone focusing in on with upcoming matches to show how some stand up to actual opposition?
Aside from watching the youngsters. Our ball movement, especially out of the back half and into the middle. Can we generate speed and free flowing footy? Or will we go back to being stagnant once the pressure is turned up.

We need lots of run and carry from our wingman, not just our half back flankers so no to Morrison and Howe for me. Bramble, Day, Ward, MacDonald and the 2022 Newcombe to play wing.

We have a million talented HBers basically.
So that letter about the size of the list, wasn't referring to the individual players' sizes but rather the actual 1,000,000+ players on it. hmmm... A tad over officious there from the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Summer Footy Fix - 2022 training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back