Training Summer Footy Fix - 2022 training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not wrong there, first player to welcome me at Waverley Park. Also one of the last players to leave the UTAS Stadium as he would tidy up after the boys
Would love Jaeger or Sicily to take the captaincy now, Worpel and Ward/Day are the future i'd say. Titch as a vice or high level leadership aswell. Big boy staying around the boys for his likely last year.

Would love Jaeger or Sicily to take the captaincy now, Worpel and Ward/Day are the future i'd say. Titch as a vice or high level leadership aswell. Big boy staying around the boys for his likely last year.
Atleast you didn't say Hardwick.

I agree on the Worpel & Ward future Captaincy & yeah possibly Day.

Atleast you didn't say Hardwick.

I agree on the Worpel & Ward future Captaincy & yeah possibly Day.
I like Dimma as a leader tbh, he seems a bit quiet at times but you can also hear and see him setting backline up at times, he learnt under Hodge as a similar player late in his career (well similar in some ways) and speaks well.

I'll add my take on today's session. It was a warm and sunny morning at Waverley, bit of a breeze. Good conditions for training and watching. I was joined by Strapping Young Lad and houdini huddo.

Time trial has been covered already and as SYL said, very hard not to get excited about Ward & Long coming in 1st & 2nd in the final 1k run with Serong also putting in a strong performance. A comment was made that once the new boys have added some kg's over the summer they may drop back a bit so it will be interesting to compare in a few months. DGB came in second last place every time but did manage to make it under his nominated time limit each time.

Ball work observations:

Ward is a smooth mover with very good disposal by foot and looked very comfortable. He will be a jet.

Ned Long also looked very comfortable playing in the fwd fifty. Good hands and good disposal. One lovely piece of play was Ward on the wing kicking to Kosi at the 50 meter line who took the grab at full stretch, sent a low, flat bullet like handball to a running Long who kicked the goal from just inside fifty. Ned Long is a very good sized unit and I reckon he could be a massive steal.

Maginness was moving well, playing on the inside, getting plenty of the ball and dishing it out to the advantage of teammates. There was definitely more space and spread happening than what we have seen under Clarko in recent years. There always seemed to be a free option which Finn was able to find every time. None of this handballing to a guy who's already under pressure.

Duke Newcombe is not just a tackling machine. Picked up a real finger breaker type half volley at full speed and hit his target in the forward line without breaking stride.

Callow looks super fit. Has lost some kg's and replaced them with muscle.

Apologies for the shorter report but first session back so I'm a bit rusty.

I like Dimma as a leader tbh, he seems a bit quiet at times but you can also hear and see him setting backline up at times, he learnt under Hodge as a similar player late in his career (well similar in some ways) and speaks well.
I feel like you've written a lot of weirdly strongly worded messages in the last 24 hours, this message however, I agree with fully and like.
I can see Dimma being an unassuming leader as this young defense grows.

I'll add my take on today's session. It was a warm and sunny morning at Waverley, bit of a breeze. Good conditions for training and watching. I was joined by Strapping Young Lad and houdini huddo.

Time trial has been covered already and as SYL said, very hard not to get excited about Ward & Long coming in 1st & 2nd in the final 1k run with Serong also putting in a strong performance. A comment was made that once the new boys have added some kg's over the summer they may drop back a bit so it will be interesting to compare in a few months. DGB came in second last place every time but did manage to make it under his nominated time limit each time.

Ball work observations:

Ward is a smooth mover with very good disposal by foot and looked very comfortable. He will be a jet.

Ned Long also looked very comfortable playing in the fwd fifty. Good hands and good disposal. One lovely piece of play was Ward on the wing kicking to Kosi at the 50 meter line who took the grab at full stretch, sent a low, flat bullet like handball to a running Long who kicked the goal from just inside fifty. Ned Long is a very good sized unit and I reckon he could be a massive steal.

Maginness was moving well, playing on the inside, getting plenty of the ball and dishing it out to the advantage of teammates. There was definitely more space and spread happening than what we have seen under Clarko in recent years. There always seemed to be a free option which Finn was able to find every time. None of this handballing to a guy who's already under pressure.

Duke Newcombe is not just a tackling machine. Picked up a real finger breaker type half volley at full speed and hit his target in the forward line without breaking stride.

No need to apologise. Seeing as you usually start to hit your straps in the new year consider this your pre-season :p

Ball work observations:

If anything you feel Ned will give this his best shot hey? Awesome Axe

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Summer Footy Fix - 2022 training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back