Supercoach 2009 - Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gilbee?

Look forward to your dummy spits in during the season after you miss out on his early high scores. :thumbsu:

Shaw could be a sleeper, everyone is shit scared of him. ;)

Still might get gilbee in my team mate, he is a proven SC gun. I'm just saying its a risk having all the ones i mentioned in the same backline. One of them might be ok. :D

Current team:

Backs: H. Shaw, Gilbee, Mcleod, Malceski, Cornes, McPhee, Hill (Trengove, R. O'Keeffe)

Midfield: Judd, Kerr, Deledio, Murphy, Haselby, Rich (Dangerfield, Robinson)

Rucks: Ottens, McIntosh (Vickery, Currie)

Forwards: Pavlich, J. Brown, B. Johnson, Lucas, Didak, Higgins, Yarran (Sidebottom, Gumbleton)

$83,900 left in the kitty.

1) who should be my starting 18 rookie in defense? I currently have Hill, but am worried he wont get enough game time

2) Higgins or Veszpremi?

3) Shaw or Millburn?

There is about $4k difference in the price of these 2 different pairings that I am currently considering.

Bartel & Foley - Bartel started slowly last year & dropped a lot of value but came home with a rush later in the season. From memory he had a problem with his back for a while. Foley was probably a little disappointing after starring in the Origin game. If Cuz can stay fit I think foley may be third choice to mind after Cuz & Lids.

versus

Selwood & Cross - Selwood keeps getting better each year but has to share time with a star studded midfield. I still think he has the chance to grow a bit in value though. Cross is just super consistent & racks up the points each week not as damaging by foot which probably limits him getting the really huge scores.

Which pairing to go for at this early stage?

hey guys just need a couple of opinions out of:

josh drummond and brendon goddard

daniel kerr and scott pendlebury and marc murphy and bryce gibbs

lance franklin and brent harvey and ryan okeefe

cheers guys:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fellow coaches

In a bit of a dilemna, would be great if i could get some advise on a couple of players/scenarios

What do you think of players like Shane Tuck (mid) Brennan (Forward) - who finished of the year with some solid above 100 performances - consistency ? will they play in the same position. New arrivals changing their roles ?

Chris Masten - regular spot in west coast midfield ?

Heath Scotland
- has he done well over the years ? better to go for more established supercoach players ?

Dale Thomas or Alwyn Davey - Hearing Dale gets more midfield time this year

I know its a lot of points - if anyone has any input or views - thanks in advance. Good Luck

I like Tuck.

Although I have GAblett atm, I did have Tuck for quite a while. May still go back and free up cash but wil decide after NAB obv.

Brennan, nah.

Masten, looks to be pumped up by his team mates, and may be a good buy.

Scotland, nah.

Dale Thomas IMO, a different approach.

Fellow coaches

In a bit of a dilemna, would be great if i could get some advise on a couple of players/scenarios

What do you think of players like Shane Tuck (mid) Brennan (Forward) - who finished of the year with some solid above 100 performances - consistency ? will they play in the same position. New arrivals changing their roles ?

Heath Scotland
- has he done well over the years ? better to go for more established supercoach players ?

I know its a lot of points - if anyone has any input or views - thanks in advance. Good Luck

Shane Tuck is one I'd expect to lose midfield time with Couglan, Cousins, Cotchin, Tambling & Deledio increasing there midfield time. I know he finished strongly but competition has increased. Pass

Brennan - Most difficult player in SC to understand. pass

Masten - could be good but is a handballer - good prospect

Scotland - Has a lot of competition but worth considering

Dale Thomas - Have to see were he plays

Davey- On my short list

I've replaced Hamish Hartlett with Hayden Skipworth in my starting midfield. Is this a good move? as i'm not sure if Skipworth will be getting games.

I've replaced Hamish Hartlett with Hayden Skipworth in my starting midfield. Is this a good move? as i'm not sure if Skipworth will be getting games.

He may be now considering Welsh broke his ankle and is out for 12 weeks.

He may be now considering Welsh broke his ankle and is out for 12 weeks.

This pleases me, since I may try an Essendon forward line and put Lucas, Davey AND Skipworth in there.

Just kidding, I dont have room, but I have Lucas and Davey in there, and if Skippy is going to get games, I might ditch one for him.

Whom should I kick out?

This pleases me, since I may try an Essendon forward line and put Lucas, Davey AND Skipworth in there.

Just kidding, I dont have room, but I have Lucas and Davey in there, and if Skippy is going to get games, I might ditch one for him.

Whom should I kick out?
What's your starting midfield look like?

hey guys just need a couple of opinions out of:

josh drummond and brendon goddard

daniel kerr and scott pendlebury and marc murphy and bryce gibbs

lance franklin and brent harvey and ryan okeefe

cheers guys:thumbsu:
Drummond, if you could gaurantee 22 games out of him he would be my first selected. But you cant, and he will most likely play 12 matches, though 12 decent scoring matches. Far too injury prone im afraid which is a shame.

Kerr. Top 3 player in the league.

And Harvey, purely because Franklin has had an interupted pre season. And i think its fair to say that teams have been working hard over the summer to triple team him so that will no doubt effect his scoring ability.
Fellow coaches

Heath Scotland - has he done well over the years ? better to go for more established supercoach players ?

Masten will be a regular midfielder.

Scotland is a gun when injury free. Always seems to be carrying niggles and has had an interupted pre season.

Thomas V Davey is an interesting one. Davey comming off the big knee though so id say Thomas to be safe.

What's your starting midfield look like?

Not A grade, but im reasonably happy with it.

Judd, Kornes, Kerr, Cotchin, Coughlan, Rich

With Dangerfield and Mitch Robinson as my reserves at this stage.

I had Griffen, but upgraded to Kornes when i found some spare cash.

Is it too risky starting yarran and gumbleton in the forwards ?

Though it gives me 5 elite backs 3 elite mids and 3 elite forwards

Or is it safer to go yarran and dale thomas with 4 elite and a david myers/raines sorta defender ? 2 elite and kerr'ish/bateman'ish/boak'ish kinda mid ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back