Susan Alberti Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I just thought I express my appreciation for all the good work Sue Alberti does for the world. Especially today. The world is a wonderul place....

Now, what can I watch on telly tonight?

The Footy Show minus the goose?...

...moral victory number 3 or 4 I guess. :thumbsu:

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-...against-sam-newman-settled-20091116-ih38.html

Legal action against Sam Newman settledNovember 16, 2009 - 11:09AM .
AAP

Legal action by a woman who lodged defamation proceedings against controversial television personality Sam Newman and the Nine Network has been settled.

Lawyers for the parties told the Victorian Supreme Court on Monday that they had agreed on a settlement and the defendants would pay Susan Alberti, an AFL Western Bulldogs board member, $220,000 plus the cost of the legal proceedings...

Good to see Susan Alberti vindicated and good on her for taking the time to hold channel 9 accountable for their "entertainment".

Here's to more people like Susan Alberti in football, and less people like Sam Newman.

Cheers!:thumbsu:

Well done Susan,

Its nice to see that one of our own has stood up for her rights as an individual and refused to be bullied by a couple of moronic peanuts (Lyon and Newman) and the corporate might of Channel 9.

Good on her and I for one am proud of her.
:thumbsu:

I'm just surprised it's taken this long for the Footy Show to get sued! If Nicky Winmar had his time over he would have taken them to the cleaners!

What do you expect from a show when the stars of the show are people of the calibre of: Newman, Fevola and Nathan Brown! The 3 stooges!

$220,000????? she was offended at a joke! man i might become a sensitive flower and sue somebody then. bit over the top dont you think? not defending what sam did the man needs to think before he acts but $220,000?? WTF?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

$220,000????? she was offended at a joke! man i might become a sensitive flower and sue somebody then. bit over the top dont you think? not defending what sam did the man needs to think before he acts but $220,000?? WTF?

Good on her.

And kwame, she didn't sue because she was offended over a joke, she sued because she was called a liar and hypocrite.

She is a successful professional in her own right and has every right to defend herself against unfounded charges of lying and hypocrsiy, especially coming from a neanderthal like Sam Newman.

I'm glad she fought this and won it.

Good on her.

And kwame, she didn't sue because she was offended over a joke, she sued because she was called a liar and hypocrite.

She is a successful professional in her own right and has every right to defend herself against unfounded charges of lying and hypocrsiy, especially coming from a neanderthal like Sam Newman.

I'm glad she fought this and won it.

my mistake....but stil think the payout is bulls#&t.

Money would not have been a factor for Susan, she is very strong lady who fights for what she believes in, good on her. Did anyone see a ahow on the ABC earlier this year called "Talking Heads" the guy interviewed Susan, I already had a lot of respect for her, but after watching this I saw what an amazing lady with what she has been dealt in her life and where she is now. She was in the cheer squad as a kid.

I have the greatest respect for Susan Alberti and am pleased with the outcome. She is an extraordinarily talented person who earned my respect years ago when I read about her life story and her charitable work. I am very proud to have her as one of our directors.

http://www.susanalbertifoundation.org.au/

Money would not have been a factor for Susan, she is very strong lady who fights for what she believes in, good on her. Did anyone see a ahow on the ABC earlier this year called "Talking Heads" the guy interviewed Susan, I already had a lot of respect for her, but after watching this I saw what an amazing lady with what she has been dealt in her life and where she is now. She was in the cheer squad as a kid.

How anyone could discredit or defame a lady like Sue Alberti beggars belief. For the naysayers go to this link http://www.abc.net.au/tv/talkingheads/video/ and download the interview with Susan from July 6th, 2009 to gain some sort of comprehension of the lady behind the headline.

How anyone could discredit or defame a lady like Sue Alberti beggars belief. For the naysayers go to this link http://www.abc.net.au/tv/talkingheads/video/ and download the interview with Susan from July 6th, 2009 to gain some sort of comprehension of the lady behind the headline.
Great thanks Wombat, I didn't know you could still see this interview. I recorded it when it was on and gave to friends and family to watch. Everyone was like myself really touched and inspired by her.

Here's the real reason she won the case: :D

91414.jpg

For the record, my opinion is that the initial issue was none of her business. Why she felt the need to write a protest letter, and stick her nose in is beyond me - weak as p**s. She should have had the balls to speak to Newman and confront him if she was so aggrieved.

I hope she donates the money to charity, she doesn't deserve it.

Maybe next time a woman degrades a man on tv I might write a letter and set in motion my own big pay day

The whole saga is PATHETIC.

For the record, my opinion is that the initial issue was none of her business. Why she felt the need to write a protest letter, and stick her nose in is beyond me - weak as p**s. She should have had the balls to speak to Newman and confront him if she was so aggrieved.

I hope she donates the money to charity, she doesn't deserve it.

Maybe next time a woman degrades a man on tv I might write a letter and set in motion my own big pay day

The whole saga is PATHETIC.

Don't agree.

I can't work it out, what did Sam do?

Did he like bash Caroline or Susan?
Did he steal something from them?
Did he hit on them?
Did he grope them?
Did he prevent them from getting a job?
Did he stalk them?
Was he like rude to them or something?
Did he snub them?

I want to know what I can and can't do myself, because women are like 50% of people out there and you know, your bound to come across them.

Like of Eddy or Smorgon do something, I know I can say Eddy your a dick head and like nothing happens. But maybe you can't do that with Caroline, Susan or women. So what can you say about them? Can you say Caroline is annoying? Can you say she is worse then Hutchy or will I get into trouble? Will Bigfooty censor this comment.

It is all very confusing, I don't know when to laugh or cry. No wonder more of my friends are on prescription drugs. Anyway I reckon Sam is a ****!

Remove this Banner Ad

Susan Alberti Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back