Autopsy Swans Avada Kedavra the frack outta Richmond 122-78

Remove this Banner Ad

Youngest team of the round.
All players contributed in parts but stand outs were Papley, Lloyd, Blakey and Chad Warner.

Richmond are woeful. Yes they have injuries but they are so poor by foot and poorly disciplined. Lots of talk but actions speak louder than words.
The first line is all that needs to be said.

Way down on troops (almost as much as poor widdle Richmond) and yet pulled that out, with 2 debutants and several younger guys at the very start of their careers.

You have to get a lot right in footy just to get anywhere near a Premiership - but if we get enough right, this group has absolutely massive potential over an extended period.

On the contrary I think this board would have had a hella lot to say...:tongueoutv1::whistle:

oh i meant the club

I would have taken it on the chin like I do all decisions that go against us .

The first line is all that needs to be said.

Way down on troops (almost as much as poor widdle Richmond) and yet pulled that out, with 2 debutants and several younger guys at the very start of their careers.

You have to get a lot right in footy just to get anywhere near a Premiership - but if we get enough right, this group has absolutely massive potential over an extended period.

Some weird coaching by Richmond helped as well.

But its not part of the post its not the padding its a foreign object dangling why was the goal disallowed?

Help me understand

too lazy to confirm but the padding attached is part of the post, it was still connected so bad luck

logic to me says the padding shouldn't dangle out so ignore it

Nick Blakey:

30 disposals
14 contested
13 intercept marks
525 metres gained

Superlizard.

Nick Blakey:

30 disposals
14 contested
13 intercept marks
525 metres gained

Superlizard.
I'd still give him BOG over Papley, but it was nice to see someone finishing their chances too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved Blakey, not seeing anyone mention Fox, but he also had a ripper. Papely great. Another not getting the love is Hayward, he did really well tonight.

Parker must have been injured, he normally isn't that quiet unless it's a grand final.

Mcinerney and Cunningham are very lucky to be in the side. Mcinerney's form has completely dropped off.

Didn't Kelly retire the year before?

Ah yes it was Jason Ball, ROK, Mickey O and Maxfield who were missing.

Which is nothing like losing the entire spine. Longmire at the post-match presser saying he's never seen anything like it. So yes, we were down a few that day but the avalanche of injuries to our tall stocks over six days is unbelievable.

But its not part of the post its not the padding its a foreign object dangling why was the goal disallowed?

Help me understand

The back of the pad is part of the post even if the whole ball crosses the goal line but brushes the back of the post it’s declared a point. If a loose flag gets hit its part of the post.

There are opportunities for these anomalies to cost goals. As per tonight. Explaining it is impossible other than they are pretty consistent with anything attached to the post being classed as a point if the ball hits it.

They need to do better as that issue today was a wrap and not really necessary

AFL press:

“Richmond’s injury toll is crippling. They fought bravely and looked the better team for large parts of the game. Damien Hardwick really mustered a supreme effort from his gallant, undermanned troops. They remain a real flag chance with even a small amount of luck on the injury front.

Oh, and Sydney won”.

AFL press:

“Richmond’s injury toll is crippling. They fought bravely and looked the better team for large parts of the game. Damien Hardwick really mustered a supreme effort from his gallant, undermanned troops. They remain a real flag chance with even a small amount of luck on the injury front.

Oh, and Sydney won”.

and Collingwood may come back and win this

he did a lot of stuff that won't get noticed (unless you pore over replays), he seemed to do a lot of up-and-back running, and he did deliver final passes that set up at least two goals
i just think he gets better, more rounded every week ... he seems to have a great connection with papley
As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, he has a lot of Nick Riewoldt about him. Just love his field kicking - he may not become the 'bag' goal kicker we will need, but by gee he has all the tools in the shed to be a damn fine player further up the field - even though I still think with some more bulk he will be an utter beast as a forward deep as well (just don't think it'll be best use of him).

Loved Blakey, not seeing anyone mention Fox, but he also had a ripper. Papely great. Another not getting the love is Hayward, he did really well tonight.

Parker must have been injured, he normally isn't that quiet unless it's a grand final.

Mcinerney and Cunningham are very lucky to be in the side. Mcinerney's form has completely dropped off.
Fox was good, used his body well, competes so hard against bigger opponents. To think way back I was ready to delist, then we moved him into defence. Love the man.

JMac was disappointing with some of his efforts. Cunners quiet but had a couple of moments early and isn't being used in a prominent role. Got absolutely burnt by Heeney late, before Heeney burnt Logan too, changed his mind and went OOF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans Avada Kedavra the frack outta Richmond 122-78

Remove this Banner Ad

Back