Autopsy Swans end our 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

We have just about the worst 2 big talls in the comp (Dixon and Esava) and the worst small forwards apart from Rioli. No wonder we struggle to score in big games.
The whole team is not resiliant, not are they refined with the ball. Watching Geelong v Brisbane and both sides are better coached, and play at a higher standard when it comes to finals footy.

Look at Port. They're too busy gargling Hinkleys balls to see how terrible they truly are.

The whole team is not resiliant, not are they refined with the ball. Watching Geelong v Brisbane and both sides are better coached, and play at a higher standard when it comes to finals footy.

Look at Port. They're too busy gargling Hinkleys balls to see how terrible they truly are.
Yep. Four teams played in 2024 prelims. Three had a crack.

This has been a consistent theme of our games for some years now so it can only come down to coaching but why do our players always go for a quick backwards handball after a mark/freekick without first assessing the situation?

That goes for the player with the ball and the player running forward asking for it.

It happens every single week. We get the ball, hand pass 2m to another player who is in a worse position or half the time, is running directly into the opposition. We end up then trying to turn backwards again for a get out of jail pass and either turn it over, get caught HTB or just bang it no where.

Why isn’t the player that’s calling for the ball recognising they are completely out of position. Why do they continue to ask for the ball?

Secondly, the player with the ball, why are they not quickly assessing what’s in front of them before automatically going with a quick pass off handball?

It’s embarrassing. Sweet is a bad culprit for it in the middle but Wines, Boak and Burton are terrible for it. Also Butters regularly the one calling for the ball when he’s completely out of position.

Combined IQs of a peanut. Really embarrassing watching us do this multiple times a game.

Hinkley is no doubt hurting from this one.

Not from Port losing another prelim, heavens no.

He'd be hurting from the fact he has getting booed by the theatre goers whenever he was on the big screen.
He would have spent a better part of the match sitting on the bench thinking of what crazy celebration shit he could do to the crowd if we'd won...
Instead of you know, maybe thinking about adjustments to gameplan, positioning, etc.

Lol Elspeth Hussey trying so hard not to laugh at Hinkley's 'It's not on me' comment.

Even I found that funny.

Lol Elspeth Hussey trying so hard not to laugh at Hinkley's 'It's not on me' comment.

Even I found that funny.
In all good consciousness, how can the Port board hear his comments last night and continue to endorse this bloke?

He’s the senior coach, responsibility for the on-field fortunes of the team begin and end with Ken and it’ll always be that way.

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills here, those comments to me are so unacceptable and unaccountable.

In all good consciousness, how can the Port board hear his comments last night and continue to endorse this bloke?

He’s the senior coach, responsibility for the on-field fortunes of the team begin and end with Ken and it’ll always be that way.

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills here, those comments to me are so unacceptable and unaccountable.

No Idea Idk GIF by DefyTV

Brisbane 20 points behind at half time in an away final against Geelong and win by 10 points.

Port 20 points behind at half time in a home final against Geelong and lose by 84 points.

Says it all really.
I keep on saying it, Port Adelaide do not have an extra gear for September. They're fragile, overrated, and overhyped.

Ken made one big mistake in that press conference.

He said that there are others around the club that have been there as long as him.
He threw shade at Koch and board members like Cordone in that presser to divide up the blame.

I feel that might come back to bite him in the arse.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ya just know hinkley would have said no need to plan for Sydney just do what we did a few weeks ago whilst horse would have pulled our game apart, had a plan. We would have watched reruns of the highlights of 112 point win.

Like gws last year.. we will be fine we smashed them 6 weeks earlier..

He’s garbage..

No doubt the game plan and coaches are THE recurring issue. Equally, I don’t want to see a finals forward line with any of Dixon, Ratugolea, Evans and Narkle in it again.

Even Mead, whom I haven’t given up all hope on, needs to pose something of a scoreboard threat. He played half forward all year and I can’t remember the last goal he kicked. The set shot snap from the boundary line in the second quarter was an amateur attempt at goal. Embarrassing for a so-called highly skilled player.
Mead is way off a highly skilled player. He's never been that & never will be unfortunately.

Ken made one big mistake in that press conference.

He said that there are others around the club that have been there as long as him.
He threw shade at Koch and board members like Cordone in that presser to divide up the blame.

I feel that might come back to bite him in the arse.

Can only hope but nothing he does or says, like when he throws these guys under the bus, taints the halo that they perceive he wears.

I keep on saying it, Port Adelaide do not have an extra gear for September. They're fragile, overrated, and overhyped.
It’s not about the extra gear, they showed they can lift - look at the hawthorn game.

The issue is that at the pointy end of the finals, your weaknesses are exposed and exploited.

• having a mentally weak midfield
  • bollards as tall forwards
  • traffic cones as small forward
  • a hillbilly of questionable intelligence in the coaches box who doesn’t address the above

We will always lose prelims because our good players never get up for the big games and our coach is too dumb to overcome our weaknesses

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans end our 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back