News Swans Talk in the Media: 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

Great article.

I'm willing to concede that we didn't use Aliir in the right way to make the most of his abilities but if we agree that his move helped us get Hickey and the new draftees then so be it. We'll call it a win/win. Hickey has had an incredible impact on the team and I'd do the trade ten times over.

Also best at making the opposition take shots from difficult positions.

That is important for people to understand.

Much of our success from previous years and improvement this year doesn’t come from when you have the ball. It’s what you do when you don’t have the ball that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No one is scared of a bloke prancing around with a bloody manbun. I say that only in a footy sense.

As well, if you’re worried about your bloody hair you’re not worrying about putting your head over the bloody ball.

I can’t count the number of players who have found their footy mojo when they’ve turned up to preseason with a sensible haircut.
Lol! Heard of a bloke called Fyfe? I've heard he goes alright...

Can we get back to Swans in the Media , this is going nowhere as we all love Adam.

Would you prefer that we go back to talking about Champion Data prediction models instead?

Lol! Heard of a bloke called Fyfe? I've heard he goes alright...
But no one fears him. Look there’s always an exception that proves the rule. Sure, Nat Fyfe goes ok. He gets away with it because he’s so good. But one of the best tall backs going around a couple of years ago was Hurley. And big forwards just looked at him and laughed. “What are you going to do to me? You look like a ****ing court jester with that thing on the top of your head”.

But no one fears him. Look there’s always an exception that proves the rule. Sure, Nat Fyfe goes ok. He gets away with it because he’s so good. But one of the best tall backs going around a couple of years ago was Hurley. And big forwards just looked at him and laughed. “What are you going to do to me? You look like a ******* court jester with that thing on the top of your head”.
You and me have had this conversation before and it's unlikely to resolved... but, I still think your seeing it from a POV 30 years out of date.

Most young people today see their peers changing their hair like they change their shirt, and they don't see it as a reflection of their competitiveness or ability. Consider Nic Nat, or Hickey...

You and me have had this conversation before and it's unlikely to resolved... but, I still think your seeing it from a POV 30 years out of date.

Most young people today see their peers changing their hair like they change their shirt, and they don't see it as a reflection of their competitiveness or ability. Consider Nic Nat, or Hickey...
I remember when Naismith first started he had a bun and i had a bit of un on social media . I said Bloods culture doesn't have buns , he had a laugh and it was gone . It's not our way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10JUN21: Tom Harley Rnd 13 Interview/SEN
SEN Sydney run a weekly interview with Tom Harley. I for one am really glad SEN NSW have started doing this, we need our voice to be heard in the local media.

Last edited:
SEN Sydney run a weekly interview with Tom Harley

First question to Tom;
"Did you catch Origin?" :rolleyes:

OK I get it's a big thing and NSW had a thumping win, but it is somewhat symbolic of the attitude towards the AFL in the NSW media.

The interview (all 5 minutes of it) had a real feel of we have to get this out the way and then we'll get back to the important business of RL/SOO.

First question to Tom;
"Did you catch Origin?" :rolleyes:

OK I get it's a big thing and NSW had a thumping win, but it is somewhat symbolic of the attitude towards the AFL in the NSW media.

The interview (all 5 minutes of it) had a real feel of we have to get this out the way and then we'll get back to the important business of RL/SOO.
I know right? Here's a hint, don't waste our time talking about NRL in a AFL interview. Sheesh.

11JUN21: Swans v Hawks Rvalry/AFL Website
Last edited:
Get the feeling this might have been suspected at the time of the mid-season draft

Sad news... must surely mean career over

Only for the fact he is contracted to end 2022. He will get his knee rebuilt, go through rehab and then retire at end of 2022 year having not played another game. He owes nothing to Swans apart from his contract and same swans in return. I can't see him stepping away. Either way as you say its promise unfulfilled and sad just as it was for AJ. Sport can be cruel

Only for the fact he is contracted to end 2022. He will get his knee rebuilt, go through rehab and then retire at end of 2022 year having not played another game. He owes nothing to Swans apart from his contract and same swans in return. I can't see him stepping away. Either way as you say its promise unfulfilled and sad just as it was for AJ. Sport can be cruel
But we know that AJ was already a star and probably would have been a co captain now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back