Autopsy Swans vs Hawks - take it apart here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Burgoyne take a bow. Holy jesus. From his first goal you knew he was up for it, right when we were getting a pasting.

Sewell you legend.
Schoey was damn good too.

Not getting carried away but that was an awesome win.

Anybody notice the "best games" of the year all have a common theme. They involve us. Geelong x2 and tonight.

Hale, Shoey, Burger & Suckling.

I thought those 4 were absoluely sensational tonight. All have had doubts on them for 1 reason or another from everyone on here and have all shown there worth tonight.

Burgoyne can look sore and slow at times but i think everyone knows he saves hes best footy for the real occasions, he's silk is rare and so so important for the hawks.

Shoey playing on someone hes age bracket and look what happens. The kid will be bloody quality and tonight proves that once again.

Hale once again shows why he is the first ruckman picked. He added some seriously good ruck work to hes work around the ground tonight. Please hawthorn fans start showing him the love he seriously deserves.

I have been critical of sucklings accountability and physicality but tonight i thought he was sensational in the contest. He didn't have 30 like he can but he proved tonight that hes a capable performer in a finals like situation.

Some of Gibson's efforts down back were inspirational today.

He played a very different defensive role today. Just total shutdown mode; no rebounding for him today.

Can't speak highly enough of the entire leadership tonight. Great team effort all around but the older heads really stood up.

Hodge was outstanding. Moved himself into that sweeper role, and got everyone beautifully organised.

What a super win!

Love the Burger move to the midfield.
Love that Sewell got his redemption by kicking the sealer.
Love the Bud.
Love the Port Power hand me downs the the last 5 years. Clarko, Goo, Burgers and who could forget Dew.
Love the fact that the Swans know that we can get them anytime anywhere. Nice little mind**** for them.

Beat the Coasters next week and we have covered the top 8 this year. Apart from the .......

Can we get a breakdown of frees paid by the different umps or did McB get the blame for every decision?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am so ******* proud of these guys. They were down but never out. Best win by a mile this year. Really confident we have the goods to go all the way.

Well done boys. Cement your spot on top next week, then destiny is in our own hands.

Best team we've played this year, I think.

Hodge was outstanding. Moved himself into that sweeper role, and got everyone beautifully organised.

I feel guilty saying this but I almost forgot how good Hodge is and what a great leader to boot. Geez he makes his team mates walk taller and I dare say, Schoe's great game might have had a little to do with the great man playing alongside him.

Geez he makes his team mates walk taller and I dare say, Schoe's great game might have had a little to do with the great man playing alongside him.

Good point.

I am sure that Sewell pumped that ball through those goal posts because he would have felt guilty about the cats game.He has more than made up for it, and so has poppy.Guerra,fantastic all day,Burgs Terrific,so many of them put in,Shoey was great, Suckling,what a great 50 th game..
My heart has settled back where it should be,and my tears of joy have stopped.If I had a bottle of sparkly, I would have had the bottle LOL UNUSUAL for me..Don't like drinking on my own..lol..
I APOLOGISE TO THE BOYS FOR DOUBTING THE GAME. I HOPE THEY FORGIVE ME FOR MY THOUGHTS!!!!:D
LUV YA BOYS..WHOOPPEE I AM SOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY:D

We're a happy team at Hawthorn...la la la la..:D
Hey LMH, did you see Mitch out there? ;)

Burgoyne and Shoey were immense tonight. Didn't think Suckling was among our best, but he wasn't completely subdued as he has been when tagged previously.

I haven't decided yet, but I'm starting to think Hale is our barometer.

He's been soul-destroyingly woeful in a couple of first quarters lately, his soft efforts and mistakes costing us badly - but in every one of those games he's worked his way back into it, and ended as an effective contributor.

Is it a case of the team dragging him up to average, or is he actually fighting back to overcome superior opponents?

I have forgotten how much I dislike watching games at the SCG! I mean FFS get a real sized ground and the umpiring!! Mommy make the bad men stop!!!

Vented.

On the other hand...... GO U GOOD THING GIFD!!! ;)

And one last lil teeny weeny thing. Pull your fingers out in those first terms lads

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans vs Hawks - take it apart here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back