Autopsy Swans vs Hawks - take it apart here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate, if you believe in whatever or superticious it may have got us over the line. You can't watch another Hawks game just in case

Haha, the missus laughing at my choice of language in front of the kids tonight, other parents thinking I'm a bit strange
Haven't got pay tv so don't know what to do now !!
If it's an omen mate , I will go crash more more kids parties over the coming weeks !!

Best team we've played this year, I think.

Perhaps. Not sure. They bring that to the MCG and we will hurt them big time IMO. Especially if we get a half decent run with the officiators.

Collingwood our biggest top 4 threat still IMO.

One word. SCHOENMAKERS
Was absolutely huge mate. Undersold around here, but that's the sort of game that gives a kid the belief to become a rock solid part of our spine.

Firstly I will state I feel physically sick for writing them off at quarter time, never again:mad::(

Dunstall and Roos, disgraceful, make me want to vomit.

Schonemakers stuck it right up the haters tonight, absolutely sensational young man, his upside is off the charts now.
Burgoyne would have been swabbed as soon as he walked off the ground, a performance like that on Grand Final day no one will get near us. That would be up there with the most influential individual performances of any player in any game this year.
Gibson is the most courageous player in the AFL right now.
If there was a nuclear explosion only cockroaches and Brent Guerra would survive, he is so important to this side, what a little champion he is.
Welcome back Captain Hodge, I didn't think you would be able to make a meaningful contribution this year, never right off a champion.
The new kid Franklin goes ok as well, may have just done enough to keep his spot in the side come final time.

So bloody proud of that effort :hearts:

Can't disagree Grizz.

Sydney gave it everything. Our boys showed so much heart. So proud right now.

Yep me too. A great win.

Sydney are so well coached, play very tightly as a team, are skilled and don't give up.

I think the we have some 'issues' with the Cats, which I expect us to resolve shortly, but Sydney for mine.

Oh yeah, their depth of midfield rotations is very, very handy.

Amazing win by the boys. Amazing come back. Amazing performance from Burgoyne, Hodge and Shoey. Amazing effort to beat a great team like Sydney at their home ground. Just an amazing game.

So pumped.

I think we have also exorcised the demons of close games.

Bring on the finals.

I apologise for my outburst earlier about us being no closer to winning a flag from three years ago. Feeling like a bit of a flog at the moment. :p

But golly I love this team. Probably a little too much, to be honest. Haven't cheered as loud as I did for a while after that Sewell goal. Brilliance.

Bring on the finals. I'll try and be a little more restrained in my future posts when we're seemingly down and out ;). Our ability to come back from the brink is clearly up there with the best of them.

Also Burgers is a beast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burgoyne and Shoey were immense tonight. Didn't think Suckling was among our best, but he wasn't completely subdued as he has been when tagged previously.

I haven't decided yet, but I'm starting to think Hale is our barometer.

He's been soul-destroyingly woeful in a couple of first quarters lately, his soft efforts and mistakes costing us badly - but in every one of those games he's worked his way back into it, and ended as an effective contributor.

Is it a case of the team dragging him up to average, or is he actually fighting back to overcome superior opponents?

Agree completely Simon - his first quarter, along with some others efforts threatened to totally derail us momentum wise. Mistakes were terrible.

Thankfully he regrouped - but I still seriously think we do not have a premiership winning ruck setup with Hale & Roughead.

I think, given the influence Mummy actually had - we are in serious trouble.

Burgoyne and Shoey were immense tonight. Didn't think Suckling was among our best, but he wasn't completely subdued as he has been when tagged previously.

I haven't decided yet, but I'm starting to think Hale is our barometer.

He's been soul-destroyingly woeful in a couple of first quarters lately, his soft efforts and mistakes costing us badly - but in every one of those games he's worked his way back into it, and ended as an effective contributor.

Is it a case of the team dragging him up to average, or is he actually fighting back to overcome superior opponents?
Look the first quarters of the side would have to be a worry now. Next week i fully expect hawthorn to come out breathing fire because its not a trend you want to continue going into the finals. Hale much like the side started slowly but i dont think hes ruck work was to blame directly for it, hawthorns midfield simply weren't hitting in as hard as there swan counterparts. I thought though in the last 3 quarters hawthorn got some really clear clearances from hes ruckwork and the last 2 goals were thanks to hes terrific ruckwork.

No one thinks hes the best ruck in the league but if he can combine hes quality around the ground work with above average rucking it will be very very effective IMO.

Agree completely Simon - his first quarter, along with some others efforts threatened to totally derail us momentum wise. Mistakes were terrible.

Thankfully he regrouped - but I still seriously think we do not have a premiership winning ruck setup with Hale & Roughead.

I think, given the influence Mummy actually had - we are in serious trouble.
Rubbish, over the course of the game he at worst broke even with mummy. I actually think he won the battle, some players are just hardly judged for absolutely no reason.

So you would still drop hale for Bailey ?

Me happy! Truly great night! Had my brother in spain on the phone all night, with No internet, and me shouting down the phone in the pub, trying to keep him updated. Making a loud dick of myself in a packed pub, getting hoarse.

Waiting for his call after the was one of joys that life sometimes bestows upon us

Carn hawks! Testify bro!

Oh,btw, how many Swannies came in here to congrat us, One ,I believe..They said we were cocky, I say THEY were cocky on here this week.. I don't think I will sleep tonight, it will go through my head all night. Mama Mia, what a GAME!!!:D

Not only that, they think they had a raw deal from the umpires, what a joke

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans vs Hawks - take it apart here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back