Autopsy Swans vs Hawks - take it apart here!

Remove this Banner Ad

boys (and ladies) the umpiring was bad but we also need to remember the puopolo free in front of goal in the last quarter was also a bad decision in my opinion

Great win, we can play better and for 4 quarters...lets seek to play our best football as of know

It partly came as a result of the umpires putting the whistle away in that last quarter. What might have been given as holding the ball against Puopolo was overlooked in order to let play continue and then he gets a knee to the head near the eye which can't be ignored. To some extent it was almost justice as the pushout by Pyke against Hodge wasn't given earlier and from that they scored a behind and then a followup goal from the kick-in. On a wider note i hope the finals are not umpired like that. A free-flowing game is certainly more watchable, but i don't think i've seen a quarter with so many incorrect disposals all season.

Really impressed with Guerra tonight. Some ferocious runs out of half-back.

Hodge was outstanding. Moved himself into that sweeper role, and got everyone beautifully organised.

He just brings a level of calm to the back half.
It gives me great confidence to see him there.

How good was Schoey today? Was absolutely immense. :thumbsu: Spoiling, Marking, and Rebounding like a champ.

Sewell's goal was too good. I didn't even think he could kick that far anymore, let alone with that precision! Absolute bull of a player and so important. Please stay a few more years Sewelly and teach the youngens how to do it :thumbsu:

The captain is getting back to his best form. Right when we need him. Improved a hell of a lot since his first game.

Burgers = Silk. Nuff said.

Best bloody game ever!!
Never been that excited after a win!
Was jumping in the air when Sewelly kicked the goal!
What a game and seeing it live to!

Just read an article that the ABC stated the swans had screaming 50,000 fans??? WHAT??? What crap. Nothing much has been said about Guerra, he deserves some praise for the way he played today. He played tough, hard, running through the opposition, and yet not one voted for him. I thought he deserved it..Well done Guerra,,There were many times he rebounded that ball..:thumbsu:That was a thumping kick from the centre that Sewelly kicked.:D

If it was up to me you would be banned for this comment!

He is definately not a flog and that Is extremely disrespectful of a hawk legend but Jesus I wish he would cut our players some slack when commentating - he needs to take a leaf out of Roos book on the odd occasion .

I am very glad I only saw the last minute of the first quarter, (worked til 5) was so peeved that we'd let another 1st quarter pass us by.
Where are these slow starts coming from??
But oh boy what a game.

- So glad to see Hodge being a rock down back, and steadying the ship.
- Very impressed by the sheer grunt of Sewell + Mitch + Goo.
- Burgers leading and showing the boys how to perform under pressure.
- Poppy throwing everything he's got at it as always, kicking us in front twice I think? Loved that one where he just refused to be tackled and kept going.
- Hale very solid in the middle, I will admit to being totally surprised that he held his own, and apologies for throwing a tanty that Bailey didn't get called up. Glad I threw that one offline. ;D
- Can't get over Shoey, I love his work, but that second half from him. Awesome! He just seemed everywhere.
- So impressed with the boys composure in the last few minutes!!
- So much heart
- A close win, can only help going into finals. A big morale boost.

Some things that were a little urgh.
- I nearly had a coronary
- We really need to address first quarters.
- I know there was an immense amount of pressure, but there were more fumbles than there should've been. IMO Hopefully the young guns (and some seniors) take lessons from Burgers performance.
- Hale and Rough not being able to hold marks was a grrrr.
- Some players getting caught out, playing for free kicks! And it cost us!

There were a few other things, but I am still doing the happy chair dance at the win to think of them now.
But thought I would try to be a bit balanced with my post.

But damn, am I stoked.

I had actually tipped Sydney to win. :oops:

Oh and I also reinforced my will to never get foxtel, I never want to listen to Dunstall (or roos) commentate on another Hawks game.
I love JD, but damn, he is ridiculously harsh on the boys.
Bags them way too much.

He is definately not a flog and that Is extremely disrespectful of a hawk legend
Actually he is in a higher category of legend status.

but Jesus I wish he would cut our players some slack when commentating - he needs to take a leaf out of Roos book on the odd occasion .
Don't think roos is a director of the swans & everyone know he is a flog.

Dunstall on the other hand has to be very careful making comments publically as when the hawks are playing they become far more "official" & he is not in a position to make "official" comments without board approval.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually he is in a higher category of legend status.

Don't think roos is a director of the swans & everyone know he is a flog.

Dunstall on the other hand has to be very careful making comments publically as when the hawks are playing they become far more "official" & he is not in a position to make "official" comments without board approval.

I get that but some balance wouldn't hurt and if that's the case why do hawks games. I actually like him as a commentator when he is not doing the hawks.

Loved watching Buddy take his time to do up his shoe laces right in front of where I was sitting. The whole SCG booing him and you could tell he was eating it up! Then goes on to slot the goal. Balls of steel that guy!
I actually couldn't believe the nerves of the blokes like Burgers and Buddy. Knew what the kick meant, but they both just slotted it through.

Have to laugh at Swans supporters whinging about the umpiring, saying it cost them the game. Yet they forget to mention that they got an absolute armchair ride they got for rest of the game, and that they had double the free kicks that we got.
Are they really complaining about the umps? At one stage the free kick count was 16-4 in their favour. he only favourable decision we got was Poppys free kick in the last qtr. Even that was there on 2nd look. If they are complaining about umpiring then something is wrong. We got molested by them all day

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans vs Hawks - take it apart here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back