Media Sweet FA Three Things I Learnt This Week - S30 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually see your attempted poaching of our players as no different in philosophy
He was just more underhanded and aggressive in his methodology
Was he attempting to recruit rookies ?

What part of "don't recruit other teams' rookies" is so difficult for you to understand?

Nothing about that is hard to understand, what part about "Keep up or you will be left behind" do YOU not understand?

Given the Bombers track record with recruiting I am sure you will understand me treating that with a heavy pinch of salt. You do realise there are ten other clubs, yeah?

I hope you're right however see above.

I'm arguing against the Wayno philosophy of recruitiment. Keep up Halfy.
No idea about any of Wayne's philosophy on that but Halfy is just as culpable more than likely.

No idea about any alleged "track record" and if you're talking about the Carlton guys, I'm not surprised if they were inspired by Tony Lynn 15.

Anything else, I suggest you chat to a certain Fury who's learning the dark arts very quickly. 😆

Last edited:
Nothing about that is hard to understand, what part about "Keep up or you will be left behind" do YOU not understand?
I understand loud and clear however what benefit to the board as a whole does the Bombers recruiting other teams' rookies serve? Have you enjoyed posting against the Wonders and Warriors this season? Would it not be better if they had a couple more posters each to post against as opposed to loading people up at one club?

No idea about any of Wayne's philosophy on that but Halfy is just as culpable more than likely.

No idea about any alleged "track record" and if your talking about the Carlton guys I'm not surprised if they were inspired by Tony Lynn 15

Anything else, I suggest you chat to a certain Fury who's learning the dark arts very quickly. 😆
I'm sure you'll find out soon enough

You know what you have done.
Do I now? Would you care to refresh my memory?

I understand loud and clear however what benefit to the board as a whole does the Bombers recruiting other teams' rookies serve? Have you enjoyed posting against the Wonders and Warriors this season? Would it not be better if they had a couple more posters each to post against as opposed to loading people up at one club?

This is an indictment against those teams captains. FFS we had one captain this week throw their toys out of the cot and pack up and **** off out of the match thread.

Seriously, is that leadership? Do you blame the rooks wanting out? Get real Baz. Get off the fence for once, open your eyes and really see what is happening.

I'm sure you'll find out soon enough

Do I now? Would you care to refresh my memory?
Tony Lynn 15 did that recruitment for the whole league, and other experienced posters were involved as well.

What else are you referring to?

Tony Lynn 15 did that recruitment for the whole league, and other experienced posters were involved as well.

His soapbox mate. Its bollocks and weak at best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is an indictment against those teams captains. FFS we had one captain this week throw their toys out of the cot and pack up and fu** off out of the match thread.

Seriously, is that leadership? Do you blame the rooks wanting out? Get real Baz. Get off the fence for once, open your eyes and really see what is happening.
That is not the issue that was raised, MetalCrusher. The issue raised was is it OK for a team with plenty of active posters to approach another teams' rookies to join them. I say no and you've agreed with that. If there are rookies not happy with their club then I'm sorry to hear that but that STILL doesn't make it OK for an active club to approach them. We have 12 clubs in the league and the board as a whole is better when every team has something to bring to a match thread yet you don't seem to understand that concept. Don't conflate one issue as making the other acceptable.

What are you referring to? I'm aware that the Bombers have asked rookies from another team to join them next season, continuing a trend that has occurred in recent seasons. I asked Metalcrusher to explain why he thought that was acceptable.

That is not the issue that was raised, MetalCrusher. The issue raised was is it OK for a team with plenty of active posters to approach another teams' rookies to join them. I say no and you've agreed with that. If there are rookies not happy with their club then I'm sorry to hear that but that STILL doesn't make it OK for an active club to approach them. We have 12 clubs in the league and the board as a whole is better when every team has something to bring to a match thread yet you don't seem to understand that concept. Don't conflate one issue as making the other acceptable.
Another way to understand this "dilemma" is the rights of individuals to explore their options vs the rights of clubs to have the right of veto (or trade)?

Yes?

Another way to understand this "dilemma" is the rights of individuals to explore their options vs the rights of clubs to have the right of veto.

Yes?
That is different, yes.

1. Royals are on top of the ladder.

2. I am the greatest player in the history of the Dark.

3. pfft Royals don't even have rookies

So was Wayneo.
tenor.gif

3. Genghis Tron doesn't own a car. But just remember brothers and sisters, he can still stand tall. He's just thankful for what he's got.
2. Monsieur Riviat isn't actually French. Who knew?
1. beez doesn't have the shoulders to play good qooty anymore. It's always sad to see former champions go on for several seasons past their best.

Guten tag

1. The Gumbies are a team full of alts
2. They might've been on a 7 game winning streak going into the game, but we're still the Gumbies' bogey team
3. Fridges have arms which assist in winning matchups, but not matches or frees against

But whose, that is the question..... :)

Check the history books- #straightsetsgumbies happened in S27 :)

Past performance cannot be used to determine future results! Gumbies have a few new sexy recruits, myself included, that will put an end to this #straightsetsgumbies skullduggery. #lasttofirst is our hashtag now.

My 3 for the week

3 Dark > Light
2 I had fun in our Bers match thread except for the result, which can gagf
1 RIP The Streak. The hurt is real.

dude, Panda Express is noones bogey team

i havent even looked at the ladder, but if you're making finals, just forfeit and do the world of SFA a favour
Thanks Nedward. I have no friggin' idea how the Sweet finals system works, but if we get there I'm now hoping for a Bears vs Furies match up week 1 so we can school you furry bums.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Sweet FA Three Things I Learnt This Week - S30 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back