Sydney - Qatar Airlines Sponsor

Remove this Banner Ad

Did their football team hold a gay pride match at the time they announced their deal?
I think that's more what the OP was getting at.

Who gives a shit? I doubt Qatar Airways are stopping gay people from using them or going to their home country. And last I checked, Qatar is far from being in an exclusive club when it comes to countries that criminalise homosexual relations.

It's not like they're putting 'Homos Out!' on the front of their jersey. The outrage from the OP is disproportionate to the 'issue'.

Did their football team hold a gay pride match at the time they announced their deal?
Qatar Airways sponsorship cancels out the gay pride match so we are officially neutral. We're the Switzerland of LGBTI. End thread.

They have
Who gives a shit? I doubt Qatar Airways are stopping gay people from using them or going to their home country. And last I checked, Qatar is far from being in an exclusive club when it comes to countries that criminalise homosexual relations.

It's not like they're putting 'Homos Out!' on the front of their jersey. The outrage from the OP is disproportionate to the 'issue'.

Not sure I was outraged, just a curious thing. In this day and age corporate alignments are closely scrutinised.

0da0376e6e2e9cfea047c24edeef8319.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always wondered this, and now I know the answer: turns out that in a bigot's mind racism trumps homophobia.

I mean, look at these keyboard warriors - the first time you think a progressive thought in your life is to have a go at another team.

We live in a country that tortures refugee kids and treats the first people of this country with disrespect and disdain, yet you're trying to score points on an airline sponsor.

Collingwood: Emirates: UAE massively sexist laws yet play in woman's round
North Melbourne: Mazda use child labor yet North are anti child labor in Sherrin case
Hawthorn: Tasmania - genocide of indigenous yet celebrate indigenous round
Geelong: Ford - child labor and slave mining practices
Melbourne: China Southern Airlines - state owned, human rights abuses
Adelaide: Toyota - forced labor

I could go on...

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney - Qatar Airlines Sponsor

Remove this Banner Ad

Back