Preview Sydney Swans v Port Adelaide Preview Thread Round 13

Remove this Banner Ad

RIP-headstone-300x300.jpg
So 4-6 weeks then?

Couldn't agree more and it has nothing to do with today's game or result. I hope I never see him in a red n white jumper in this team ever again.

See I understand wanting to scapegoat people. But why not blame bird, Grundy, Bolton, smith, Armstrong, pyke, Parker - is there anyone I am missing.

They were all and I mean all awful. But given the ball spent ninety per cent of the time in their forward half blaming our forward and occasional ruckman is just a pathetic cop out.

Over and over I will say this - if players 1-18 in your team are getting beaten and let's be frank the ball didn't move from our defensive fifty for about 40 minutes, it's pretty odd to blame player 19 who is a forward.

Look at your much vaunted midfield and/or the coaching staff whose set ups and tactics presumably the players played too.

He is not all that great. But there is a lot of blame to be shared around here, and our favorite whipping boy might get some of it. But a lot of it should go to those who were so obviously beaten and who when they got the ball couldn't hit the side of a barn by hand or foot

Time to get rid of White, his lack of effort is infecting the other players

Agree, this is the problem with Jesse last game he gave us a glimpse of what he is capable of but he has NEVER been able to consistantly perform at AFL level.

Today just shows how important Mumford is to our structure and he has been absent now in our 2 most disappointing losses of the season in which Jesse has been nothing more than a passenger, even with the conditions today Mumford would have offered so much more than Jesse today.

I hope that those who were insisting that Mumford will need to 'earn' his place back in the team just accept that Jesse will never be anything but a fringe depth player at the very best and will more than likely be traded or delisted at thre end of the year to free up cap and list space.

See I understand wanting to scapegoat people. But why not blame bird, Grundy, Bolton, smith, Armstrong, pyke, Parker - is there anyone I am missing.

They were all and I mean all awful. But given the ball spent ninety per cent of the time in their forward half blaming our forward and occasional ruckman is just a pathetic cop out.

Over and over I will say this - if players 1-18 in your team are getting beaten and let's be frank the ball didn't move from our defensive fifty for about 40 minutes, it's pretty odd to blame player 19 who is a forward.

Look at your much vaunted midfield and/or the coaching staff whose set ups and tactics presumably the players played too.

He is not all that great. But there is a lot of blame to be shared around here, and our favorite whipping boy might get some of it. But a lot of it should go to those who were so obviously beaten and who when they got the ball couldn't hit the side of a barn by hand or foot
which is EXACTLY why I said it wasn't this game to which I am referring. We have carried him waaaaay past his 'best before' date.

I'm sorry, but that was nothing short of ****ing repulsive. We looked like a bottom 4 side out there, not a top 4 side. Tony Armstrong and Jesse White were both as useless as ever.

We're notoriously known for a lapse in form post the bye, which was evident today. We need to get back into our form this Friday night with a massive bang against the Blues. Hopefully we will get Jetta back, who was sorely missed today.

The wake-up call we needed to have, is all. We will bounce back and I expect turn this loss around in a big way. Not unlike the loss against Richmond last year. No need to freak out just yet peeps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't blame the big key forwards or ruckmen today as it was wet and the service to the forward line was terrible.

I think White can be criticised today as he did not move to position for a mark. It's all very well to say the
conditions played a part except the Port big men' stat sheet says otherwise.

It's all very well to award criticism to a Grundy for dropping a mark and stuffing the handball, as he should be, but than give a cop out to a guy for not getting the ball because the service was terrible. He didn't look he got in a position to get to a contest let alone drop a mark. That's even worse.

I thought Port played out of their skins and deserved the win. As much as it sucks, good on them.
We were beaten in the middle, and as cliched as it sounds, we will probably be the better for it. Watch out Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Sydney Swans v Port Adelaide Preview Thread Round 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Back