Preview Sydney v Bulldogs SCG Sunday 3:20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea i would have put Sheldrick more so in the conversation if it wasn't his first game back after what a month and a half injured.

Don't care, if the option is Mitchell who looked completely out of his depth last time, pick the guy who has looked okay at AFL level

Warner Jr. looked out of his depth last time as well. Went pretty good yesterday...

Corey didn't look terrible the times prior just couldn't kick straight. Mitchell was a deer in the headlights, if we go in with Corey plus Mitchell it ends like the Richmond game. You have to pick the more AFL ready players whether it be Sheldrick or Wicks. I'm here or there about whatever option. Reid is surely considered for some experience too.

Corey didn't look terrible the times prior just couldn't kick straight. Mitchell was a deer in the headlights, if we go in with Corey plus Mitchell it ends like the Richmond game. You have to pick the more AFL ready players whether it be Sheldrick or Wicks. I'm here or there about whatever option. Reid is surely considered for some experience too.
Sheldrick will probably lack match fitness, which will just complicate things and put more pressure on rotations, especially if more players go down mid-match like they did against Brisbane.

And surely you are not now suggesting Reid after being so vehemently opposed to him even being an emergency last week??

Ed Richards has become their most important player (with Bont).

In games they’ve been belted in, Richards often hasn’t played (including when we beat them earlier in the season).

Horse, if you’re reading this …. Tag the bloodnut.

Bont and Richards were absolutely huge against Geelong they have Libba this time around as well.

If they win enough ball in the middle Darcy/JUH Naughton and English are gonna run rampant unfortunately so many talls to try and stop

Sheldrick will probably lack match fitness, which will just complicate things and put more pressure on rotations, especially if more players go down mid-match like they did against Brisbane.

And surely you are not now suggesting Reid after being so vehemently opposed to him even being an emergency last week??

The sooner you come to terms with Reid playing at some point this season the better :p

Let’s get a good chunk of the vfl team in this week. No more risks on Hayward, amartey, rowie or Mills (if he’s sore) plus any other player that needs it eg Grundy

Can not see us winning this one and don’t want us to if it’s at risk of further injury. But if the vfl boys have a crack who knows what could happen and could be the hitout they need and we might uncover some talent. Eg Corey who looked good today.

I like fast players.

That is uhh the completely wrong mindset regardless of our position you dont just wanna throw everything away! winning is good.

Actually I am because the forwards were that bad again this week, and yes I undertand the deleivery wasn't great. Would Reid actually make more of a contest than Amartey did all game? My honest answer is probably.

Then play Wicks, it's not ideal but no to Mitchell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The sooner you come to terms with Reid playing at some point this season the better :p
I'm not opposed to Reid playing, but just not sure how or why he gets in.

McLean won't and shouldn't be dropped.

McDonald keeps having good games often enough to save his bacon.

Amartey is still ultimately our leading goalkicker this year.

And whilst I like what I've seen of Reid in the VFL so far, I haven't seen anything to suggest he'll offer more than what the talls are currently offering.

And whilst I like what I've seen of Reid in the VFL so far, I haven't seen anything to suggest he'll offer more than what the talls are currently offering.

I know Longmire really rates his versatility and what he can offer the team tho :shrug:

I know Longmire really rates his versatility and what he can offer the team tho :shrug:
No doubt, but there still has to be a path into the best 23 for him. I think Amartey's the most likely one. It would be a big call to drop your leading goalkicker for the year but maybe Horse just gets a bit ruthless, or maybe it's done under the guise of resting the knee(?) he tweaked yesterday.

I agree with this especially because Sheldrick when playing in the AFL last year didn't have the greatest tank anyway so if he is lacking match fitness and averaged only 64% TOG which is well below most midfielders that average in the low 80s it will put some stress on rotations

Our other talls don't have sticky mits. Amartey and Mclean have maybe 1 game in 5 where everything sticks, Mcdonald 1 in 10. With Reid it's basically guaranteed sticky mits. Can argue work rate, ground work, this that and the other (which sam reid is better at in a lot of areas imo) but ultimately and unarguably he is significantly better than the others at sticking a mark.

A fit Reid with our current forward service I think would be colossal. He's never had it as good as what Amartey has it currently.

Our other talls don't have sticky mits. Amartey and Mclean have maybe 1 game in 5 where everything sticks, Mcdonald 1 in 10. With Reid it's basically guaranteed sticky mits. Can argue work rate, ground work, this that and the other (which sam reid is better at in a lot of areas imo) but ultimately and unarguably he is significantly better than the others at sticking a mark.

A fit Reid with our current forward service I think would be colossal. He's never had it as good as what Amartey has it currently.

Yeah Reid played with some great midfielders and was such a dominant forward .......

If we leave Reid 2 more weeks he will become Wayne Carey like in people's memory instead of Dermott Brereton .

Yeah Reid played with some great midfielders and was such a dominant forward .......

If we leave Reid 2 more weeks he will become Wayne Carey like in people's memory instead of Dermott Brereton .
Reid had to foil for Franklin don't forget, and was a second ruck for a long time. A better comparison is to compare Reid's goal output with Mclean, not Amartey. Amartey has the privilege of being a FF post buddy in a very good team.

As an all out FF, would Reid out perform Amartey? i honestly think he would. It's not like you have to be Wayne Carey level to outperform Amartey. With our service our FF should be challenging the coleman, or at least be somewhat close to the leaders.

Against the Lions:

Tall 1:
AF 39 Goal1 K4 H2 M4 T1

Tall 2:
AF 44 Goal1 K5 H3 M4 T1

A goal each and a tackle each.

It's now or never with Sam Reid.

And I want a look at Hamling in the Ones before the finals. Ditto Sheldrick.
Also Corey W. keeps his spot in the run-on side.

Well if you want us to drop someone who has currently kicked more goals in a season (with 5+ games still left to play) than Reid ever has, then be my guest. I just can't see Horse going for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back