Preview Sydney v Bulldogs SCG Sunday 3:20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ins for this week -A switched on back to his best Lizard…hope there is no weeks injury from that tunnelling
  • A faster thinking McLean. When he gets up the field and involved in a chain the momentum stops as soon as he gets it
  • A ban on 15 meter kicks across the backline
  • No looping hanballs rule
  • Better finishing….that Heeney dribble for a point is giving me the irritates the more I think about it.
  • Repeat of the effort and determination from last week.

Selection is so interesting this week….feel like Hamling may get a shot, hope he brings his radar though after last week.

Last edited:
We have the most points for of any team in the comp, and only team averaging over 100 points this season. If ours isn't outstanding then no one's is!
I think our spread of goalkickers is outstanding & our goal kicking midfielders are outstanding.

I think our forward line is adequate - but not outstanding. It won’t win us too many games behind a midfield that doesn’t dominate.

I think our spread of goalkickers is outstanding & our goal kicking midfielders are outstanding.

I think our forward line is adequate - but not outstanding. It won’t win us too many games behind a midfield that doesn’t dominate.
I feel like they go hand-in-hand though. I think if we had more dominant (or even prominent) key forwards or smalls, then our mids wouldn't kick as many goals. I've believed all year that our forward set-up is by design to allow mids/HHFs/wingmen, even flankers, to push into the space afforded by the talls.

I am surprised that you of all people aren't appreciative of our forward line, DQ. You were one of the more vocal proponents of how our forward line was better without Buddy. Do you want gun forwards or not?!

I feel like they go hand-in-hand though. I think if we had more dominant (or even prominent) key forwards or smalls, then our mids wouldn't kick as many goals. I've believed all year that our forward set-up is by design to allow mids/HHFs/wingmen, even flankers, to push into the space afforded by the talls.

I am surprised that you of all people aren't appreciative of our forward line, DQ. You were one of the more vocal proponents of how our forward line was better without Buddy. Do you want gun forwards or not?!
I think our mids are better without Buddy - as they use a wider range of options (which I think puts us in agreement?)

I don’t think any of Joel, McL or Logan are currently outstanding in their own right, but that’s OK, as none are the constant & predictable focal point.

What I would like? Another gun small forward. A Kossie Pickett type.

But overall, I’m happy with what we have.

Yes. It is.

Although the argument can be made the Sam offers more around the ground that Joel.

I just don’t see either as the key to a flag.

I don't disagree and in fact if they said thursday in Reid out Amartey I won't actually care.

I just think Reid is the mostly fondly thought of player on bigfooty when he is not playing seniors.

It is like people forget the crap he does, Amartey is quite similar, just wonder if he loses all confidence if you drop him? I also think he is competing harder than before. That's not to say you just pick him so he feels good of course.

I would also be bloody surprised if Longmire changes players out other than the injured ones. He seems happy with the effort on Sunday.

Maybe Reid actually sneaks in as a 3rd tall defender ?

Ins for this week -A switched on back to his best Lizard…hope there is no weeks injury from that tunnelling
  • A faster thinking McLean. When we gets up the field and involved in a chain the momentum stops as soon as he gets it
  • A ban on 15 meter kicks across the backline
  • No looping hanballs rule
  • Better finishing….that Heeney dribble for a point is giving me the irritates the more I think about it.
  • Repeat of the effort and determination from last week.

Selection is so interesting this week….feel like Hamling may get a shot, hope he brings his radar though after last week.

They are good ins , the Mclean one yes noticed it yesterday , will take a nice grab and just looks lost at times. Some players handball it off way to quick, but he waits a wet week to do anything at times.

All I know is that my favourite players to watch are dropping like flies and we might not even be getting the wins to offset it

Sad The Office GIF

Maybe Reid actually sneaks in as a 3rd tall defender ?
Oh no, not you as well.

Francis, Hamling or just play Fox on whoever Rampe was getting.

We've had his whole career to revert him back to a defender. When he's not coming off a year and a half off, and playing his usual fwd/ruck role in his few VFL games.

Oh no, not you as well.

Francis, Hamling or just play Fox on whoever Rampe was getting.

We've had his whole career to revert him back to a defender. When he's not coming off a year and a half off, and playing his usual fwd/ruck role in his few VFL games.

Calm down I said Maybe :p

I don't get why Hamling isn't playing defence mind you.

Fox will play defence surely? Unless they still want him forward .

Then ok I was like do I want Francis-- hmmm 🤨 he is ok

Hamling against his former side sounds better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I know is that my favourite players to watch are dropping like flies and we might not even be getting the wins to offset it

Sad The Office GIF

You told me your favourites were Treloar, Bontempelli, Richards and Ugle Hagen

Not much to ask guys like Blakey Gulden Heeney Warner Mccartin Grundy Adams etc to just eek out a few wins while Rampe, Jmac, Papley etc get fit surely.

This is a game we simply must win. We will have some players back, Mills & Rowie. We will also bring in Gus Sheldrick for his first for GHD season.

I am here to tell you that the mids just got 50% better. Hard, tackling mids, who knows how to clear the ball. Yes please.

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is a game we simply must win. We will have some players back, Mills & Rowie. We will also bring in Gus Sheldrick for his first for GHD season.

I am here to tell you that the mids just got 50% better. Hard, tackling mids, who knows how to clear the ball. Yes please.

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Isn’t rowbottom still atleast another week away? Probably 2

In: Wicks, Sheldrick, Hamling, Ladhams, Mills (sub)
Out: Papley, Rampe, Hayward, Amartey, Grundy (rested)

Just so Adnico26Parker can put another laugh emoji on me

Ladhams lol maybe he will have a game like Sinclair v Stkilda that time 🤣

As a dogs fan (I come on peace), I will be feeling much less confident if he plays.

Mate it's just footy we all talk shit don't worry about it, I was just shit stirring before , don't mind me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back