Preview Sydney v Bulldogs SCG Sunday 3:20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dogs will push this close - for 3 quarters. Our class will show through over the Dogs journeymen like Libber and Lobb.

Naughton to be injured and go off but play next week.

West is the one we have to sit on.

I am slightly concerned if we lose another quick, dynamic player (Papley after JMac) but replace them with slower guys. We lose some of our rebound and ability to break past opponents, or get into space to receive when we do rebound.

Especially if we're getting Mills and Rowy back, with only Paps out as a small, it puts the likes of Fox, Campbell and Corey W as potential sub or out, when I'd be wanting all 3 in, since they're important and/or have some of what we're losing.

Mills may go back, so then Fox, who should not be dropped or sub, goes forward. Do we then need a full game from both Adams and Parker with Rowy back (not that either were poor, though we didn't use Parker at CBs a lot, and he didn't get much of it forward). If Mills goes forward, same question really.
Interesting if Rampe and Papley end up being the only injury outs. And Rowbottom and Mills return this week.

That could mean Fox moves back to Rampe's role. Mills goes to wing maybe pushing Campbell to half forward. Rowbottom goes to inside mid. And Parker/Adams/ChadWarner/Heeney rest forward more. Corey Warner remains sub.

Though given Papley is out for a while. I feel we lack a small forward to crumb off our talls. So I would be tempted to bring in Wicks for Roberts.

Interesting if Rampe and Papley end up being the only injury outs. And Rowbottom and Mills return this week.

That would probably mean Fox moves back to Rampe's role. Mills goes to wing maybe pushing Campbell to half forward. Rowbottom goes to inside mid. And Parker/Adams/ChadWarner/Heeney rest forward more. Corey Warner remains sub.
or
Mills takes Rampe's role
Campbell on a wing
Fox stays forward

Corey remains sub.

or both.

That could mean Fox moves back to Rampe's role. Mills goes to wing maybe pushing Campbell to half forward. Rowbottom goes to inside mid. And Parker/Adams/ChadWarner/Heeney rest forward more. Corey Warner remains sub.

Though given Papley is out for a while. I feel we lack a small forward to crumb off our talls. So I would be tempted to bring in Wicks for Roberts.

Yeah I know what is likely to happen.

But it does seem like we're just bringing slower mids in for very different players. I'm not saying we leave them out, I'm saying we should then think about leaving similar players out so we don't lose the speed, dynamism of JMac, Paps altogether (without replacing it).

And if Fox takes Rampe's role, which granted he had to on the weekend anyway, it's another quick player who can chase or move into space that's not going to be there, replaced by a slower (and/or less fit mid).

Co Warner over Wicks for me based on recent form.

Yeah I know what is likely to happen.

But it does seem like we're just bringing slower mids in for very different players. I'm not saying we leave them out, I'm saying we should then think about leaving similar players out so we don't lose the speed, dynamism of JMac, Paps altogether.

And if Fox takes Rampe's role, which granted he had to on the weekend anyway, it's another quick player who can chase or move into space that's not going to be there, replaced by a slower (and/or less fit mid).
Yeah it gets back to the dilemma from early in the season. Where selecting both Parker/Adams might have upset the balance of our running midfield. But maybe now with our injuries, they are happy to go with slower mids and half forwards and just grind it out at the contest.

I would say Corey Warner and Wicks would be the only viable alternatives at the moment as quicker forward players. Or keep Fox forward and bring in another defender.

We have reasonable versatility amongst the whole squad , it's really only a few we haven't seen at least tried in different spots much. Melican for instance and the three tall forwards other than pinch hitting in the ruck.

But just about everyone fit for this weekend has played multiple roles on a reasonable basis

got a source mate :)
Well, its a bit weird.

Fox ran the story at 6pm, beating up that it was not a crack (this was missed at the presser) - and 4 was more likely than 6.

Go to AFL360 - its still 4-6 - but I doubt they’ve spoken to Sydney.

Papley looked pretty happy on the footage in the gym - so hopefully its 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only because no Sheldrick.

We all want Sheldrick in. Even C88 has a slight(slight) man crush.
Me trying to find a man crush on Sheldrick

Confused Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Me trying to find a man crush on Sheldrick

Confused Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert
See above. C88 desperately trying to avoid the inevitable.

Angus Sheldrick was Sydney’s best with 29 touches, nine clearances, eight entries and a goal. Support came from Caiden Cleary (21 disposals, nine tackles, one goal) and comeback player Nic Shipley (24 disposals).

Peter Ladhams (20 disposals, two goals) impressed up forward alongside Matty Lloyd (18 disposals, three goals), with Aaron Francis (22 disposals, seven marks, eight rebounds) and Jaiden Magor (24 disposals, six marks) again leading the defence.

Full reviews: https://www.afl.com.au/news/1179159/review-smithys-vfl-round-17

Angus Sheldrick was Sydney’s best with 29 touches, nine clearances, eight entries and a goal. Support came from Caiden Cleary (21 disposals, nine tackles, one goal) and comeback player Nic Shipley (24 disposals).
You're right, that is an impressive game. We should bring Cleary in!

See above. C88 desperately trying to avoid the inevitable.

Peter Ladhams (20 disposals, two goals) impressed up forward alongside Matty Lloyd (18 disposals, three goals), with Aaron Francis (22 disposals, seven marks, eight rebounds) and Jaiden Magor (24 disposals, six marks) again leading the defence.

Full reviews: https://www.afl.com.au/news/1179159/review-smithys-vfl-round-17
Matty Lloyd still playing? I think we have a spot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back