Preview Sydney v Essendon SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Parker or Adams is fit, Amartey goes out for one of them imo. Do we need all 3 talls? McLean and Logan are enough tall representation when Grundy is rucking.

If Parker or Adams is fit, Amartey goes out for one of them imo. Do we need all 3 talls? McLean and Logan are enough tall representation when Grundy is rucking.
I feel like this maybe misses the point of the three talls though.

We seem to all think that McLean & McDonald are good enough, but that's while they have been in a three-talls structure. If you take the third away - even if he's doing nada - are they as potent? Do they get worked over by opposition defenders too easily? Can one of them down there alone contest an incoming ball enough to bring it to ground? Do their leading patterns get predictable?

Etc.

Might end up a case of not knowing what we've got and that it's working until we change it.

I feel like this maybe misses the point of the three talls though.

We seem to all think that McLean & McDonald are good enough, but that's while they have been in a three-talls structure. If you take the third away - even if he's doing nada - are they as potent? Do they get worked over by opposition defenders too easily? Can one of them down there alone contest an incoming ball enough to bring it to ground? Do their leading patterns get predictable?

Etc.

Might end up a case of not knowing what we've got and that it's working until we change it.

Think it's worth a try. If it's Parker he is good overhead but if it's Adams yeah it'd change our structures a bit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd straight swap Parker and Hayward. Adams in for Roberts.
Roberts?
He's literally been in top 7 Bog for the swans both games.
He's a lock now.
He's taken Lloyds position and added his own vibe. Bit of toughness and hunt. Great left foot.
He's part of the future.

Roberts?
He's literally been in top 7 Bog for the swans both games.
He's a lock now.
He's taken Lloyds position and added his own vibe. Bit of toughness and hunt. Great left foot.
He's part of the future.

2 good games outranks 2 Skilton medals?

2 good games outranks 2 Skilton medals?
Hell yeah.

You don't pick teams on past accolades.

You pick teams on current performance and structure.

You be pragmatic. You have a winning attitude.

Professional sports is a ruthless endeavor. There is absolutely no room for sentimentality.

Hell yeah.

You don't pick teams on past accolades.

You pick teams on current performance and structure.

You be pragmatic. You have a winning attitude.

Professional sports is a ruthless endeavor. There is absolutely no room for sentimentality.

This is very true mind you

A tough one , but I also need to see Roberts keep doing it as well, if he turned in a shocker against the bombers it's suddenly different.

Stability is important too, but you do make a good point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back