Preview Sydney v Essendon SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but at this point i dont believe the board could handle a loss
Depends on the type of loss. We kick 5.21 and lose by 5 I'd be upset but clearly just lacking some polish. We lose by 60 because we lose contested ball, tackles and every important midfield stat again I would have an absolute melt

Hayward still chases hard and we'd be too slow imo if it was Parker for Hayward

Parker and Hayward are very different propositions up forward..

Parker remains one of the smarter and competitive beasts in the comp and he adds this on the fwd line. Parker knows how to position himself and reads the play well. Hayward runs faster.

If it was okay to s**t on the SCG for being smaller than all the other grounds (when it actually was) then surely we should all be shitting on MCG for being too big.

Stupid oversized potato farm

So mean esp the day after shamrock ☘️ day.

I'd really like to see Parker, Adams and mills come back through the two's. When the team is performing like this, it's tough to tap anyone on the shoulder and say your out .

Create the culture that spots are that competitive that if you give up your spot for any reason, you have to fight tooth and nail to get back in

True in theory and managed minutes in the 2s might be the way to go to find match fitness for Parker and Adams. However some of our fellas are not in great form and may benefit with a spell in the 2s working on weaknesses.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We'll said

It’s simplifying things a bit but I still think so much of our recent success comes down to Grundy and his competitiveness and his presence even when he’s not dominating. He’s our most important player.

When the ball hits the deck we are no longer flat footed or being bullied. Whether he takes possession or wins a tap is almost irrelevant because he demands attention and that alone brings our brigade of damaging mids right back in to the game where as previously it felt like opposition teams were not only getting takeaways but clean takeaways.

I hope that Ladhams is learning a thing or two when they train because if ever he’s out we need someone who can work in tandem with McLean and give us a similar output so we at least break even at ground level.

Depends on the type of loss. We kick 5.21 and lose by 5 I'd be upset but clearly just lacking some polish. We lose by 60 because we lose contested ball, tackles and every important midfield stat again I would have an absolute melt
We lead by 4 goals at 3/4 time, but go into slow-play mode & even shift Heeney back to shore-up the defence.

Essendon overwhelm us in the last & win by 3 points.

My TV will be adorned with a brick if that happens.

It’s simplifying things a bit but I still think so much of our recent success comes down to Grundy and his competitiveness and his presence even when he’s not dominating. He’s our most important player.

When the ball hits the deck we are no longer flat footed or being bullied. Whether he takes possession or wins a tap is almost irrelevant because he demands attention and that alone brings our brigade of damaging mids right back in to the game where as previously it felt like opposition teams were not only getting takeaways but clean takeaways.

I hope that Ladhams is learning a thing or two when they train because if ever he’s out we need someone who can work in tandem with McLean and give us a similar output so we at least break even at ground level.

We basically have an extra mid at the contest with Grundy there, it's so important. The really good sides value this. Him and McDonald are our two we can't get injured, I worry the depth behind those two

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it was okay to s**t on the SCG for being smaller than all the other grounds (when it actually was) then surely we should all be shitting on MCG for being too big.

Stupid oversized potato farm

My plan is to just keep repeating it enough so that it

a) Gets picked up by AFL "media"
b) Becomes one of those big footy facts that's easily checked, but never challenged.

Fox has been good in his role, Corey can't do / hasn't done what he's doing. He's just spent so long not having to kick for goals.

Fox is the perfect sub in finals, can cover everything, ultimate Mr Fix It

Fox has been good in his role, Corey can't do / hasn't done what he's doing. He's just spent so long not having to kick for goals.

Fox was great, my only criticism would be his "shots" and some of his disposals were horrific.

We don't need to rush anyone back & I think we're in a position to give them a hit out in the VFL before senior footy. No changes for this week.

Keep building on combinations & gameplan, we've got a few guys in new positions so it's important to let them develop on-field chemistry with others.

After 2 big weeks, it'll be interesting to see how we respond. Do we come out flat or all gun blazing due to the confidence in our wins?

We should win this but expecting a close contest, especially if it's slippery conditions.

We don't need to rush anyone back & I think we're in a position to give them a hit out in the VFL before senior footy. No changes for this week.

Keep building on combinations & gameplan, we've got a few guys in new positions so it's important to let them develop on-field chemistry with others.

After 2 big weeks, it'll be interesting to see how we respond. Do we come out flat or all gun blazing due to the confidence in our wins?

We should win this but expecting a close contest, especially if it's slippery conditions.

A perfect cherry on top of this exciting start would be drubbing them by 12 goals at the SCG and terrifying the league but I fear that it’ll end up a nervy 3 goal win at best.

Fox was great, my only criticism would be his "shots" and some of his disposals were horrific.
As dumb as it sounds, he's not in the forward line to kick goals. But some extra set shot practice at training won't hurt, since he's going to get chances.

There was one though, where Logan could have kicked from or just inside 50, but gave it to Fox 30 out. Others need to be aware of probabilities and take the responsibility themselves. Similar for the Papley (?) pass to Lloyd, Papley was inside 50, and could have taken a shot running towards the goal, but looped it over resulting in a misjudged bounce.

If you're a forward inside 50, don't give it off to guys who've spent most of their careers in the back half.

As dumb as it sounds, he's not in the forward line to kick goals. But some extra set shot practice at training won't hurt, since he's going to get chances.

There was one though, where Logan could have kicked from or just inside 50, but gave it to Fox 30 out. Others need to be aware of probabilities and take the responsibility themselves. Similar for the Papley (?) pass to Lloyd, Papley was inside 50, and could have taken a shot running towards the goal, but looped it over resulting in a misjudged bounce.

If you're a forward inside 50, don't give it off to guys who've spent most of their careers in the back half.

That Lloyd one was a shocker, it was definitely the right play from Papley but Lloyd just stuffed it up. Anyone on an afl list should be able to finish that play, even if it was a defender lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back