Preview Sydney v St Kilda (SCG) RD 13, 7:10pm Thursday 8 June 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So …
Does Heeney to the midfield solve our midfield woes?
Who does he replace?
Who goes forward?

Longer term can Logan play the forward / wing type role he was playing with Amartey and McLean further forward?
Heeney to stay in the midfield for an extended run to see how he goes and that should determine if it solves our woes. He was very good v Cripps and maybe he can go head to head against the best contested ball winner from the opposition.

I actually think Heeney out of forward line will help Will Hayward a lot, they get into each other space a bit for mine, so I think Hayward is the forward alternative.

Logan can play as the lead up forward

Heeney to stay in the midfield for an extended run to see how he goes and that should determine if it solves our woes. He was very good v Cripps and maybe he can go head to head against the best contested ball winner from the opposition.

I actually think Heeney out of forward line will help Will Hayward a lot, they get into each other space a bit for mine, so I think Hayward is the forward alternative.

Logan can play as the lead up forward
Obviously not as good but heeney and Hayward are very similar.

With McDonald back , now wicks in there I think heeney can play mid.

Hayward is very capable of taking an overhead mark and playing that role

Obviously not as good but heeney and Hayward are very similar.

With McDonald back , now wicks in there I think heeney can play mid.

Hayward is very capable of taking an overhead mark and playing that role
Yep and we can't even say Heeney is a better kick for goal these days, they are both unreliable!

Hunter Clark out for St Scum

Not sure if there is an accessible stat on this, but I wouldn't mind knowing who Cunningham has been opposed to for the last month since he has been playing down back. I feel like he's been doing a good job, but could be way off the mark.

Not good that they are saying he is still having ongoing symptoms
Are you trying to catch the King on 1 liners , only joking.
This suspension is a f ing disgrace Jason Johnson and David Neitz on the panel , they can go forth and multiply

How's it going guys. Was hoping a few of you Sydneysiders could give me some advice! I'll be in Sydney for work next week and decided to make a little holiday out of it and stay for the game and weekend.

Are there any go-to places on Thursday nights after the game? Bars clubs etc I don't mind. Also happy to travel back into the CBD.

Think it'll be a good game FWIW. You will probably be too good for us but your injuries balance out our shit form so hopefully it's entertaining - we don't play the SCG well haha.

Cheers

How's it going guys. Was hoping a few of you Sydneysiders could give me some advice! I'll be in Sydney for work next week and decided to make a little holiday out of it and stay for the game and weekend.

Are there any go-to places on Thursday nights after the game? Bars clubs etc I don't mind. Also happy to travel back into the CBD.

Think it'll be a good game FWIW. You will probably be too good for us but your injuries balance out our s**t form so hopefully it's entertaining - we don't play the SCG well haha.

Cheers
Bars? In Sydney?

Sorry flat out of luck there.

Seriously though. Avoid the CBD. Its dead.

There may be some bars that are better than others around Paddington and Darlinghurst.

Bars? In Sydney?

Sorry flat out of luck there.

There may be some bars that are better than others around Paddington and Darlinghurst.
Cheers mate. Yes need somewhere to drown sorrows I feel it's going to be a long night haha. I will check out some bars around there - cheers!

Parker didn’t get off
Which is the correct decision in terms of how they're adjudicating dangerous tackles now. But it's beyond me how he doesn't get off, and Cerra and Laird do. Cerra's tackle in particular was more dangerous than Parker's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez one of Melican and Francis is gonna be stiff.
Or we just ruck Hickey/McLean, Francis goes up forward. Or Rampe comes in for say Clarke (just a swap for Parker even), Fox doesn't have to do any KPD work, frees up Florent more to help shuffle the chairs to fill the Parker gap.

Even if we're light on for key forwards, I'm not sure Francis playing forward is the answer. He's never looked likely as a forward, and looks rock solid as Paddy's replacement.

I'm not sure I'd drop either of Francis/Melican if Rampe is back. It's not too dissimilar to our preferred set-up. Melican plays Tom's role and and Francis plays Paddy's role.

I'd personally just bring Rampe in for Parker. Florent and Heeney to spend more time in the mids.

Hmm, not sure of that.

My intel may be out of date, this is pre-COVID I’m talking about, but when I was in the CBD on a Saturday night for a family function a few years back, the place was pumping when I walked back to my car.

I got the impression that with Kings Cross going all staid, the nightclubs had moved to CBD office tower basements.

Hmm, not sure of that.

My intel may be out of date, this is pre-COVID I’m talking about, but when I was in the CBD on a Saturday night for a family function a few years back, the place was pumping when I walked back to my car.

I got the impression that with Kings Cross going all staid, the nightclubs had moved to CBD office tower basements.
*On a Thursday night for the OP.

There are some funky bars in the CBD now. However i'm not sure how lively they'll be late on a Thursday night.

Oh Kings X is dead now. I used to be a clubber back there in the 90's and 00's

Was wild times.

I still reckon the bars in Surry Hills, Darlinghurst, Inner west . They are the go on a Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back