Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - 4 Sept 2024 marks 20 years since *Essendon have won a final; Coached by the anti “RESULTIST”, RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair call. Enjoy the Bard Kool Aid, it's plentiful and just keeps magically topping up.

We usually start turning on a new coach end of year 2 or mid year 3 of their contract. So still 12 months of high sugary cordial to go

Out of interest what's the vibe with your lot after a year with Brad?

Happy with what he's done? Patiently expectant? Starting to worry?
Still in the unsure range, as you all know he talks a good game but after watching him leave an underperforming Weideman in the seniors for many games it does leave me asking has he changed and learned anything at all in regards to his stubbonness.

Guess we'll find out over the next couple of seasons

Oh Great!
I'll try and find our last 10 matches and send the replays your way as thanks
Do you remember the 13th last game? 10 years ago next finals season.

Hey,on a slightly related matter...

Do you reckon you guys are a good chance of doing 21 years without a finals win?

Twenty one years....

Its pretty close isn't it, 2 years away.

I think we should all chip in for one of those 21st birthday keys and send it to your board as a present if you make it that far.

The key to Tulla. Youse would have earned it.

I think we should all chip in for one of those 21st birthday keys and send it to your board as a present if you make it that far.

The key to Tulla. Youse would have earned it.
That would be pretty funny actually.

oh and no, I don't think we'll be a finals team in 2 years

Still in the unsure range, as you all know he talks a good game but after watching him leave an underperforming Weideman in the seniors for many games it does leave me asking has he changed and learned anything at all in regards to his stubbonness.

Guess we'll find out over the next couple of seasons
A classic Brad Scott quote that completely summed up his whole tenure, for me, at North Melbourne, and was actually the day I was done with him.
During a press conference, the question not even relevant.
”We don’t believe in looking in the rearview mirror at North Melbourne………………..but………..history tells us…….”
I was like, “This bloke is a snake oil salesman”……He’s completely full of shit. Thinks he’s the smartest bloke in the room and there’s nothin worse. Can’t stand him.

He will 100% eek out an additional few years regardless of results
Absolutely. You can guarantee that a not insignificant part of Brads's "process" is regular rounds of golf with and general glad-handling of the all powerful * coteries. That'll score him another 5 years right there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely. You can guarantee that a not insignificant part of Brads's "process" is regular rounds of golf with and general glad-handling of the all powerful * coteries. That'll score him another 5 years right there.
He’s probably the first coach since Sheeds that’ll have the coteries eating out of his hand.

Pity he can’t coach.

They’ve added Gresham and Duursma who loook pretty much downhill skiers - don’t add much pressure.
More of what they’ve got.
I actually think Caddy will be unreal for them. I had this feeling Brady was going to take Caddy over Dursma on the night or that we'd at least make a hard play for him on draft night in that top 10.

Edit.....and just like Curnow, it's going to shit me watching a player I enjoy watching playing for that bunch of tools

I actually think Caddy will be unreal for them. I had this feeling Brady was going to take Caddy over Dursma on the night or that we'd at least make a hard play for him on draft night in that top 10.

Edit.....and just like Curnow, it's going to s**t me watching a player I enjoy watching playing for that bunch of tools
You think you have a problem. Caddy is my great-nephew and I f**king hate *. I'm possibly going to downgrade his status to ordinary nephew.

In addition to their continuing finals wins drought, * have another streak that has been going for a lot longer:

Essendon's long wait for a winning goal after the siren goes on.
The Bombers last had such a win in 1913, when Jimmy Gordon saw Essendon past University.
Most recent win
Jimmy Gordon v University, round 16, 1913
Most recent loss
Dan Houston v Port Adelaide, round 16, 2023

University didn't win a game in 1913, so it is embarrassing that it took a goal after the siren for * to win.
It's been 110 years (or 40,306 days).
Footscray is next closest at less than half (46 years).
* have the 2 most recent losses by a goal after the siren (Jamie Elliott v Essendon, round 19, 2022 and Dan Houston v Essendon, round 16, 2023).
3 teams have * as their most recent wins with a goal after the siren.

Does a team need a process to beat North?
Well logically, over the last 4 years, the answer is probably no, but you know what, starting from next year, a few teams are going to need a bit more than that to beat us and the process won't be so easy! Think of yourselves as this farmer, because we're coming after you with relentless compulsion and our hunger for success is only going to get stronger!
Kangaroo Dundee Australia GIF by Nat Geo Wild

Well logically, over the last 4 years, the answer is probably no, but you know what, starting from next year, a few teams are going to need a bit more than that to beat us and the process won't be so easy! Think of yourselves as this farmer, because we're coming after you with relentless compulsion and our hunger for success is only going to get stronger!
A nuffy mate of mine was telling the boys who have won bets off me warning them. “He’s probably going to win the next 10 years of bets, your days are numbered, either next year or the year after it starts, you’re cooked agreeing to a “life” of bets vs North””

I notice the Roo never quite catches up, just chasing for eternity.

Quite apt. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - 4 Sept 2024 marks 20 years since *Essendon have won a final; Coached by the anti “RESULTIST”, RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Back