Sympathy for Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

You've gone backwards under Brad Scott. And he is contracted until the end of 2016
Thoughts jacko57 Northworth?
My thoughts? You're obsessive, and a premature ejaculator.

This season has been terribly disappointing and frustrating ; but one setback isn't the end of the world.

You should know that, following a club that has experienced disappointment (greater or lesser) every single year since 1954.

You've gone backwards under Brad Scott. And he is contracted until the end of 2016
Thoughts jacko57 Northworth?

I dont think we have necessarily gone backwards but there has clearly been an issue this year

you all love to point to the easy draw last year as the only reason we played finals - under that hypothesis we are at about the same level. We certainly have not gone forwards

I have said before that if we had not of extended Scott's contract there would have been endless speculation and distraction this year
I thought a one year extension was probably appropriate - two if there were KPIs related to advancing through a finals series... three years was a very strange decision at the time - and at this moment looks like a terrible decision.

I dont think we have necessarily gone backwards but there has clearly been an issue this year

you all love to point to the easy draw last year as the only reason we played finals - under that hypothesis we are at about the same level. We certainly have not gone forwards

I have said before that if we had not of extended Scott's contract there would have been endless speculation and distraction this year
I thought a one year extension was probably appropriate - two if there were KPIs related to advancing through a finals series... three years was a very strange decision at the time - and at this moment looks like a terrible decision.
Yes, at the moment, it may be hard to justify, and I'm certainly not uncritical of Scott's coaching..........but all is not lost, and let's hope the picture is different this time next year, and the year after that.

If so, you'd have to imagine that some of the more.........'challenged'........trolls and nuffies here would need to go on suicide watch.

This season has been terribly disappointing and frustrating ; but one setback isn't the end of the world.

You should know that, following a club that has experienced disappointment (greater or lesser) every single year since 1954.

Perfect post. This is why I will always have a soft spot for North (as my father did)

I hate the Bulldogs

Under Brad Scott you have finished 9th, 9th and 8th. You're currently sitting in 11th.

Brayshaw was sucked in by your finals appearance last year on the back of the AFL's easiest draw, and went well and truly overboard. Whilst Brayshaw is in his final term now, it seems his poor decision making will set you back even after he is gone.

Just a bad year you reckon. Wait until Drew Petrie & Brent Harvey retire and you sink even further down the ladder, then you will really know how much they have been carrying you and how poor your kids are.

mr-rodgers-middle-finger-mister-rogers-flips-bird.jpg

Just a bad year you reckon. Wait until Drew Petrie & Brent Harvey retire and you sink even further down the ladder, then you will really know how much they have been carrying you and how poor your kids are.
Petrie has been mediocre all year, Black and Tarrent are the future, life after Dish will be more then fine with our forward set up. They are talented athletic forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said work in progress, we'll get there.

Brad Scott has had you for 4 seasons and taken you from 9th to 11th.

Personally I think we're playing a better style of game this year. We don't have the kamikaze of last year. We're holding possession moving into the forward fifty dangerously. Defensively shit, in patches. That's more to do with the two way running of the midfield. Still on track for 2014/2015.

I don't understand how you can watch your team lose week after week and still carry on believing everything is fine. Your midfield is slow, you are carried by your older players and your coach is terrible.

How them doggies going? I must admit rarely watch them, as they're irrelevant. Any positives after the loss to Melbourne?

Better draft pick ;)

Petrie has been mediocre all year, Black and Tarrent are the future, life after Dish will be more then fine with our forward set up. They are talented athletic forwards.

Petrie has been great, against bottom 8 sides. Kicked 5 last night, 5 against GWS and 0 against Freo in the last 3 weeks.

Petrie has been great, against bottom 8 sides. Kicked 5 last night, 5 against GWS and 0 against Freo in the last 3 weeks.
As I said our forward line is in a good spot. Black and Tarrent are the future. Both are so much more talented then any young forwards on your terrible list. Jones? Grant? Those two would be the worst forwards in the comp and that's your future? Looks grim.

As I said our forward line is in a good spot. Black and Tarrent are the future.

Last year Edwards was going to be AA and Hansen was the next Nick Riewoldt. What happened there? Do you only ever look forward optimistically, without looking back at your optimistic predictions in the past that have flopped?

Both are so much more talented then any young forwards on your terrible list. Jones? Grant? Those two would be the worst forwards in the comp and that's your future? Looks grim.

We're not importing ready mades from other clubs anymore, means they are exposed early in their careers without a Petrie to develop under. Don't wrote them off though, talls take time. I bet you slagged off Will Minson more than once, who gave Goldstein a bath this year.

Under Brad Scott you have finished 9th, 9th and 8th. You're currently sitting in 11th.
Stats don't lie, this is all the evidence one could need that Brad Scott is an extremely average coach or Norf's list is full of mediocre plodders, or more likely a bit of both.

I laughed my **** off last year when Norf flogs tried to convince the rest of us that their cushy draw wasn't responsible for them making the finals. Their horrific effort this year has smashed that theory.

The real joke of course is JB extending Brad Scott's contract. We were both mystified when it happened Griff despite most of these Norf flogs trying their darnedest to spin it into being a positive for the club. To think they are stuck with this muppet for another couple of years or faced with a massive payout they can't afford to ditch him gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. :D

I'll translate that as "Of course the Dogs will be shit again next year and the year after that ; I'll just live in hopes that North don't have a good year, that's all that really matters to me".

You really should seek help.

Maybe you should translate it as, 'the Bulldogs will start moving out of the bottom 4 next year, North better keep Petrie & Harvey on board or they will drop even further than 11th and finish below the Bulldogs'

Stats don't lie, this is all the evidence one could need that Brad Scott is an extremely average coach or Norf's list is full of mediocre plodders, or more likely a bit of both.

Extremely average is generous.

I laughed my **** off last year when Norf flogs tried to convince the rest of us that their cushy draw wasn't responsible for them making the finals. Their horrific effort this year has smashed that theory.

Now it's the tough draw this year, or this year just being an "aberration".

Their capacity to disregard reality is jaw dropping.

The real joke of course is JB extending Brad Scott's contract. We were both mystified when it happened Griff despite most of these Norf flogs trying their darnedest to spin it into being a positive for the club. To think they are stuck with this muppet for another couple of years or faced with a massive payout they can't afford to ditch him gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. :D

James Brayshaw, the gift that just keeps on giving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sympathy for Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

Back