Sympathy for Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to 2013. Deflect away though, norf's season is a complete a waste. Damn rain!!!

Any season without a premiership is a waste. You'd know that by now.

What lows are they, Premier Pies? I like the part where you say "my club never ever experiences the lows of Norf".

Let's start shall we:

(a) How many priority picks has Collingwood had - 2 Josh Fraser and Thomas.
NM - nil

(b) How many times has Collingwood finished 10th or worse since 1970 - 11 times
NM - 9 times

(c) How many premierships has Collingwood had since 1970 - 2
NM - 4

(d) How many final series has Collingwood made since 1970 -25
NM -24

(e) How many GFs has Colingwood played for 2 premierships since 1970-9
NM for 4 premierships - 8

Real good premiership pies - now take your sympathy or lack of sympathy and shove it.

On the contrary royals1922, it is really good by you champ :thumbsu:

I love how you conveniently decided to start your little stats retort at 1970. How wonderfully convenient to create the illusion that Norf appear to be awesome when stacked up against the might of the Pies :rolleyes:

Lets make this a fair stats argument and go back to when Norf was finally allowed to join the league known as the VFL. Let's go all the way back to 1925 and compare some stats from then for both clubs shall we?

Since 1925

Norf = 4 premierships Mighty Pies = 10 premierships (2.5 x more than Norf :D)

Norf has won 1 flag every 21.75 years since 1925 on average. That is awesome Norf, congrats :cool:

Pies have won 1 flag every 8.7 years since 1925 on average. What a truly awesome stat! :)

Norf = 13 x wooden spoons Mighty Pies = 2 x wooden spoons (6.5 x less than Norf :D)

Norf has owned the wooden spoon once every 6.69 years on average since 1925. Remarkable stuff :thumbsu:

Pies have owned the wooden spoon once every 43.5 years on average since 1925. Brilliant again :)

Can you see the pattern here royals1922 ? Your club consistently fails and experiences lows that the Pies can only ever dream of. Norf is the epitome of fail and I will never have any sympathy for your club. So you champ, can take your stats since 1970 and shove it.

On the contrary royals1922, it is really good by you champ :thumbsu:

I love how you conveniently decided to start your little stats retort at 1970. How wonderfully convenient to create the illusion that Norf appear to be awesome when stacked up against the might of the Pies :rolleyes:

Lets make this a fair stats argument and go back to when Norf was finally allowed to join the league known as the VFL. Let's go all the way back to 1925 and compare some stats from then for both clubs shall we?

Since 1925

Norf = 4 premierships Mighty Pies = 10 premierships (2.5 x more than Norf :D)

Norf has won 1 flag every 21.75 years since 1925 on average. That is awesome Norf, congrats :cool:

Pies have won 1 flag every 8.7 years since 1925 on average. What a truly awesome stat! :)

Norf = 13 x wooden spoons Mighty Pies = 2 x wooden spoons (6.5 x less than Norf :D)

Norf has owned the wooden spoon once every 6.69 years on average since 1925. Remarkable stuff :thumbsu:

Pies have owned the wooden spoon once every 43.5 years on average since 1925. Brilliant again :)

Can you see the pattern here royals1922 ? Your club consistently fails and experiences lows that the Pies can only ever dream of. Norf is the epitome of fail and I will never have any sympathy for your club. So you champ, can take your stats since 1970 and shove it.
I went back to living memory.

Now a little stat about your premierships - you've won 15 premierships, 11 more than us. True but you had 11 premierships up to 1936.

NM were 11 years into their existence at this time.

Since 1936 you've won 4 and NM have won 4.

Now unless you were alive in 1936, you would not have seen more than 4 premierships. I've seen 4 by NM. I've seen Collingwood constantly foul up GFs but I've seen Collingwood win only two.

But let's go back to numbers shall we. Until 1925 there was a nine team comp and you won 5 of your flags in a suburban league. From 1925 to prewar when NM. Hawthorn and Footscray were just starting ( and were in many times like GWS/GC without the concessions) , Collingwood won 6 flags.

Funny thing is I probably know more about your early premiership teams than you do.

Just thought I might bump this universal show of support for everyone's favourite assortment of crabs, squibs, duds and potatoes following what must be another shattering defeat. Just as the mighty shinboners dared to entertain the thought of finals again, that old feeling came back to haunt them. No I'm not referring to anything as deep as their ingrained inferiority complex or their delusions of persecution, I'm simply referring to that losing feeling, one that has become so painfully familiar for NMFC this year despite claiming to have the greatest up and coming list of A graders in the league.
I have a very genuine fear for the future viability of this pathetic organisation should this period of sustained failure continue for much longer.

Future looks great for you lads, see ya next year :thumbsu:

image.jpg

Just thought I might bump this universal show of support for everyone's favourite assortment of crabs, squibs, duds and potatoes following what must be another shattering defeat. Just as the mighty shinboners dared to entertain the thought of finals again, that old feeling came back to haunt them. No I'm not referring to anything as deep as their ingrained inferiority complex or their delusions of persecution, I'm simply referring to that losing feeling, one that has become so painfully familiar for NMFC this year despite claiming to have the greatest up and coming list of A graders in the league.
I have a very genuine fear for the future viability of this pathetic organisation should this period of sustained failure continue for much longer.

Oh no......please tell me it isn't true? Norf didn't fail against the Lions? Tell me they didn't!

just checked the scores as I didn't believe it to be true. Poor Norf, consistently promise the world yet fall so unbelievably short of their so called promise.

What do you think royals1922? Please enlighten us all with your amazing knowledge? Why do Norf stink it up so very much champ? :eek:

W32bLpG.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just checked the scores as I didn't believe it to be true. Poor Norf, consistently promise the world yet fall so unbelievably short of their so called promise.

What do you think royals1922? Please enlighten us all with your amazing knowledge? Why do Norf stink it up so very much champ? :eek:

My numbers have not changed since I posted them. You've won nothing yet, yet you shoot your mouth- now give us your best because we don't nee nor want your sympathy....

You've gone backwards under Brad Scott. And he is contracted until the end of 2016
Thoughts jacko57 Northworth?
As I said work in progress, we'll get there. Personally I think we're playing a better style of game this year. We don't have the kamikaze of last year. We're holding possession moving into the forward fifty dangerously. Defensively shit, in patches. That's more to do with the two way running of the midfield. Still on track for 2014/2015.

How them doggies going? I must admit rarely watch them, as they're irrelevant. Any positives after the loss to Melbourne?

Great thing about each every Norf choke is knowing Brayshaw stupidly re-signed Brad Scott so they'll have to pay him out at the end of the year.

Reckon the AFL will be willing to foot the bill for him like they did for Neeld? I'm guessing the answer will be a big fat NO. :D

Great thing about each every Norf choke is knowing Brayshaw stupidly re-signed Brad Scott so they'll have to pay him out at the end of the year.

Reckon the AFL will be willing to foot the bill for him like they did for Neeld? I'm guessing the answer will be a big fat NO. :D
How about a trade for Clarkson?

Here's me thinking you'd help a brother out in the holy month of Ramadan. I guess I was wrong :(

Allahu Akbar!! While god may be great, Norf are a whining failure that should be banished from the AFL. One has nothing to with the other and your suggestion that they may is an insult to the great one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sympathy for Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

Back