T20 World Cup Game 55 Final South Africa v India June 30 2400hrs @ Kensington Oval Barbados

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

South Africa from, Aiden Markram (c), Ottniel Baartman, Gerald Coetzee, Quinton de Kock, Bjorn Fortuin, Reeza Hendricks, Marco Jansen, Heinrich Klaasen, Keshav Maharaj, David Miller, Anrich Nortje, Kagiso Rabada, Ryan Rickelton, Tabraiz Shamsi, Tristan Stubbs
India from, Rohit Sharma (c), Hardik Pandya, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Rishabh Pant, Sanju Samson, Shivam Dube, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Arshdeep Singh, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohd. Siraj. Reserves: Shubman Gill, Rinku Singh, Khaleel Ahmed, Avesh Khan

Would be interesting to see which of these perennial choke when it counts nations is able to fall across the line (if it wasn't t20). Or will not facing australia allow them to actually perform. C'mon saffas.

David Miller did an interview with Nasser on the beach in the build up to this final and spoke about how much winning this ''World Cup'' would mean for South Africa as a country. How it might bring people together and be a source of unity. This rhetoric goes in Rugby World Cups too when the Springboks get to the pointy of that particular tournament. If the Springboks winning 4 Rugby World Cups (1995, 2007,2019 &2023) hasn't changed South Africa for the better, I don't see how a cricket side winning the most meaningless ICC event out there will do the trick. I still hope they win though!

Even though we've known the schedule for a while now, I still can't fathom that a T20 World Cup FINAL is starting at 10:30 in the morning.
I kept thinking they would realise how ludicrous that was & change it to a night timeslot during the tournament

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

South Africa (Playing XI): Quinton de Kock(w), Reeza Hendricks, Aiden Markram(c), Tristan Stubbs, Heinrich Klaasen, David Miller, Marco Jansen, Keshav Maharaj, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Tabraiz Shamsi

India (Playing XI): Rohit Sharma(c), Virat Kohli, Rishabh Pant(w), Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Shivam Dube, Axar Patel, Arshdeep Singh, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah

India won the toss and elected to bat first.

Even though we've known the schedule for a while now, I still can't fathom that a T20 World Cup FINAL is starting at 10:30 in the morning.
I kept thinking they would realise how ludicrous that was & change it to a night timeslot during the tournament

Yeah it's a weird time but at least it's a good time to watch it in India, not too bad here in WA either and the weather looks good.

Looking forward to it, hopefully it is a close contest.

Its an excellent time to be watching it, if your in WA.

But as a side thought, it got me thinking today. Which would be the bigger sporting spectacle today?

The Euros Switzerland v Italy or the T20 World Cup Final from a global perspective......
Probably go with the cricket final.

A little way to go with the soccer yet but will be a great game anyhow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it's a weird time but at least it's a good time to watch it in India, not too bad here in WA either and the weather looks good.

Looking forward to it, hopefully it is a close contest.
The sole reason it is on at this morning time is because of India...Good job they made the final lol

But as a side thought, it got me thinking today. Which would be the bigger sporting spectacle today?

The Euros Switzerland v Italy or the T20 World Cup Final from a global perspective......
10:30pm is an excellent time? I guess that depends on your body clock...I tend to dose off late at night in front of the TV, so that 7-8am viewing time is perfect for me.

Crappy time to watch - which is why the commercial broadcasters couldn't be ****ed buying the rights for it.

Back