Tallangatta League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody heard anything about the state of the grounds?? I know it was said earlier that Beechworth, Chiltern and Barnawartha grounds were all in trouble water-wise. Has anything changed?? Are these grounds all Ok to go?

Beechworth will be playing their home games at Yack in 2007. Chiltern will play the first few games away

Anyone keen to have a go at who will get the points this week.
My selections would be..
Yack over Rutherglen
Chiltern in an upset over Mitta
Dederang will beat Beechworth
Thurgoona to beat Tallangatta
and in what i think will be the match of the round
Barny to beat Kiewa

My tips for this week
Match of Round Cats to beat Roos by 5
Mitta by 43
Dederang by 54
Thurgoona by 21
Keiwa by 18

heard that that rutherglen have had an outstanding recruiting campaign over the off season which could see them as the surprise apcket of the competition... look out yack!

Big Tony who are these recruit what are there names and when are they coming?

How is Tim Seymour performing

There's been alot of predictions for the seniors ladder, premiers and such. But what about the other grades, who the big tips in the 2nds, 3rds and 4ths? any standouts? any sleepers?

Dont wanna be mean and not sure bout this year but last year i would have scott bartel and brad hibberson as most overrated. both young i know so prob a bit harsh.

Mate thats very harsh :mad: , both guys r young and will be gun footballers in a couple of years and hopefully carve up this year

There's been alot of predictions for the seniors ladder, premiers and such. But what about the other grades, who the big tips in the 2nds, 3rds and 4ths? any standouts? any sleepers?

Kiewa, Chiltern, Barny and Thurgoona were the standouts in the reserves last year and wouldn't expect much to change there. Mitta and Talangatta with all their inclusions will be sides to watch too I'd imagine. Should be a pretty even contest in the reserves in my opinion, which I don't think is a bad thing. :thumbsu:

Kiewa, Chiltern, Barny and Thurgoona were the standouts in the reserves last year and wouldn't expect much to change there. Mitta and Talangatta with all their inclusions will be sides to watch too I'd imagine. Should be a pretty even contest in the reserves in my opinion, which I don't think is a bad thing. :thumbsu:
Chiltern look dead certainties for the 2's flag with a couple of gun signings in Scott Cardwell and Mark Williams (not the Hawthorn one!) from the almighty Cudgewa 2's team that will add depth to their potent stocks. Khan McMahon assisting coach Mark Young can only make them stronger!:thumbsu:

how have people taken the results on the weekend games. Do we think it is a blue print to how the season may pan out. (although is only early). Are Mitta gonna be unbackable favourites. Is Kiewa as good as the scoreline suggests or did Barny just have an off day. What about Yack and or Rutherglen. Have we underestimated Beechworth or is Dederang bleeding heavily with all there losses.

how have people taken the results on the weekend games. Do we think it is a blue print to how the season may pan out. (although is only early). Are Mitta gonna be unbackable favourites. Is Kiewa as good as the scoreline suggests or did Barny just have an off day. What about Yack and or Rutherglen. Have we underestimated Beechworth or is Dederang bleeding heavily with all there losses.

To early to tell, Mitta do seem to be ahead of the pack. However r Chiltern suffering from heavy player losses. Yack and R'glen could have gone either way at 3/4 time. Keiwa will be big improves, but how big of a loss will Shelvin be for Barny. Thurgoona and Tallangatta wa close but how much have they improved.

Will the comp be more evan this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To early to tell, Mitta do seem to be ahead of the pack. However r Chiltern suffering from heavy player losses. Yack and R'glen could have gone either way at 3/4 time. Keiwa will be big improves, but how big of a loss will Shelvin be for Barny. Thurgoona and Tallangatta wa close but how much have they improved.

Will the comp be more evan this year

Top Cat, I agree on the "too early to tell" comment, but I was out at Yack on the weekend and can say that the game wasn't in the balance at 3qtr time.
Rutherglen were kept in the game by terrible kicking by Yack, Purcell playing the 1st half at CHB and a few dodgy decisions by that old umpire gave Rutherglen 3 easy goals.
I can say that it was a spirited effort by the Cats but as Jules Day said after the game, that is the best they have got and they didn't look like winning the game.

I know Dederang always start slow, but could this be the year they get the wooden spoon???? a loss to the team everyone picked to finish bottom of the ladder is a less than desirable start.

Apart from Beechworth, I think the other winners are going to make up the top five for sure. Stick Barny in there somewhere (I am sure they will improve Big Al!)

What about this weeks games fellas, only one real standout for match of the Round, and that would be Yack Vs Barny at Yack???.
Here are my early tips (not too hard!)
Yack over Barny
Chiltern over Saints (close one though?)
Mitta to kick 40 goals or more over Beechworth
Thurgoona over Dederang (how long since the Doggies won 2 in a row??)
Kiewa over Tallangatta by a mile!

Yeah, after daily posts from Al & other Barny coaching staff it's all quiet today.

Been away actually AP, it's funny how some clubs think premierships are won in April though ;). Interesting results from Round 1 though, Doggies and Beechworth would be happy with their starts and can say that Kiewa were good on weekend. Were strong all over the ground and smashed Barny in all areas. Cameron, Dineen, Petrovic (i think) and Sanday will stretch a lot of backlines this year. I would say the Barny boys would be extremely disappointed with their showing and will no doubt looking to improve against the Kangas this week. A few new faces at Barny this year so might be some round one jitters, but can't take anything away from Kiewas game. Also those who sledged some of the Hawks young players in earlier posts may want to check out the Hawks at some stage, were very good and their leg speed was a noticable difference on Sat.

Can any one from this League give me any info on an old fella by the name of Ross Headly????

Apparently can play a bit of footy for his age?? I believe he also coached a few sides.

Can any one from this League give me any info on an old fella by the name of Ross Headly????

Apparently can play a bit of footy for his age?? I believe he also coached a few sides.

A few sides... you could say that hes had more clubs than Greg Norman.:D
Could play though,or should I say can play Im pretty sure hes still running around somewhere;)

Fitness Freak . Just can't seem to say no ,when it comes to chasing that red ball around. Good on him, should be more blokes running around in there mid 40's

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekkaRoo

He played and coached at a few clubs in the area - and you gotta admit, the man could play. Last couple of years he's been up against guys half his age, yet he can still hold his own

Does anyone know where he is running around this year?

Wodonga, Wodonga Raiders, Wodonga Saints, Corowa-Rutherglen, Yackandandah, Holbrook, Tumbarumba and Walla are the sides that i can remember him playing and/or coaching for. Does anyone know what is the most amount of clubs any players in the north-east have played for?:confused:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekkaRoo

He played and coached at a few clubs in the area - and you gotta admit, the man could play. Last couple of years he's been up against guys half his age, yet he can still hold his own

Does anyone know where he is running around this year?

Yeah, he is running around with us North Footscray (Western Region League). He played a praccy match for us in the twos and racked up about 35p's, so the match committee decided to play him in the ones for the first game..... he played a great game and was in our best three players. He is a freak and a great guy as well. I say good on him for being so fit and for that way he just loves footy.... we are glad he is around our club. Great bloke!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back