Tallangatta League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
any thoughts or reports on the weekends games. Mitta too good are Kiewa looming as there biggest threat. good win for Barny over the fancied Yack. Thurgoona's big win over Dederang. Saints pushed Chiltern

any thoughts or reports on the weekends games. Mitta too good are Kiewa looming as there biggest threat. good win for Barny over the fancied Yack. Thurgoona's big win over Dederang. Saints pushed Chiltern
Tallangatta pretenders, Saints underatred, chiltern and yack overated and thurgoona with the dekka on board potential finalists:)

Tallangatta pretenders, Saints underatred, chiltern and yack overated and thurgoona with the dekka on board potential finalists:)

Interesting result in the Saints Swans match. Did Chiltern have a few out, were they just off or were Saints up to the challenge? Either way for the Saints to get within a goal was good effort for the perennial strugglers :thumbsu: Be interesting to see how the Doggies go in their first real test of the season against the Blues at Eskdale.

Interesting result in the Saints Swans match. Did Chiltern have a few out, were they just off or were Saints up to the challenge? Either way for the Saints to get within a goal was good effort for the perennial strugglers :thumbsu: Be interesting to see how the Doggies go in their first real test of the season against the Blues at Eskdale.

Big Al , What happen at the Yack /Barny game.Yack were red hot favourites . Did the Barny boys find an extra leg after there defeat last week ,or did the Yack boys have bad day.
:confused: What was your opinion on the game ??

Big Al , What happen at the Yack /Barny game.Yack were red hot favourites . Did the Barny boys find an extra leg after there defeat last week ,or did the Yack boys have bad day.
:confused: What was your opinion on the game ??

I think the Barny boys were disappointed after Kiewa game and seeking to gain some lost respect. Yack were there abouts all day but in the end Barny had a bit more in the tank on the day. Jaz Hillary and Syprott (i think thats his name) were good for Yack who were also missing Dale due to suspension allowing big Steve Bradshaw to dominate the ruck. I think season will be closer than some expect with 'upset' results like this coming often. Hopefully this may put Barny boys back on track :thumbsu:.

I think the Barny boys were disappointed after Kiewa game and seeking to gain some lost respect. Yack were there abouts all day but in the end Barny had a bit more in the tank on the day. Jaz Hillary and Syprott (i think thats his name) were good for Yack who were also missing Dale due to suspension allowing big Steve Bradshaw to dominate the ruck. I think season will be closer than some expect with 'upset' results like this coming often. Hopefully this may put Barny boys back on track :thumbsu:.
gday big al where is swicth the play and ktm gone gone pretty quite:D

gday big al where is swicth the play and ktm gone gone pretty quite:D
Yeh here Chicken reckon we wait until everyone plays each other once to make any statements about anyone.You will get a fair idea where everyone is at then.It looks like being a fairly even season though.

Hey guys i don't follow any side in this league but i went along to Thurgoona to watch them play Dederang. Thurgoona were as good as Dederang were bad. But being a rabid mad saints supporter i was interested in seeing one of our ex players in Alan Murray there. Obviously he is related to the Murray boys playing for the dogs but shouldn't he have been playing in Melbourne or has he moved back. Be interested to find out.

Pretty close Big Al, Simon Dale missing did give the Barny boys an upper hand from the start. Dowling was breaking even with Bradshaw before he went down with an ankle. Fraser did a thumb/wrist in 1st qtr and could not hold a ball for the rest of the day, and overall sloppy ball handling by the Yack boys was the difference. Credit to Barny, a big comeback form the week before.
Sypott was a late inclusion Saturday morning after getting home earlier than expected from the Army competition in Canberra. you won't forget his name this year, cos' it will be in the best a fair bit! (Border mail didnt have him in but he won the mug, and used it very well i'm told- loves a grog or two and will fit in at Yack well)

Hey guys i don't follow any side in this league but i went along to Thurgoona to watch them play Dederang. Thurgoona were as good as Dederang were bad. But being a rabid mad saints supporter i was interested in seeing one of our ex players in Alan Murray there. Obviously he is related to the Murray boys playing for the dogs but shouldn't he have been playing in Melbourne or has he moved back. Be interested to find out.

budge murray was there watching on saturday and spent some time behind the scenes after the game with the doggie boys. is there a chance to add another murray to their side next year?.. some good games coming up this week.. wod saints vs beechworth could be a tight one, good test for tallangatta against yack which i think has potential to be a danger game for yack, good chance to judge where rutherglen are at against barny, and who woulda thought come round 3 mitta and thurgoona would both be sitting in the top 3 with only 1% separating them so interesting see if the dogs are competitve against everyone's flag favourites. any predictions....
ill go;
Saints d Beechworth (15 points)
Mitta d Thurgoona (26 points)
Kiewa d Dederang (100 points)
Yack d Tallangatta (10 points)
Barny d Rutherglen (30 points)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

budge murray was there watching on saturday and spent some time behind the scenes after the game with the doggie boys. is there a chance to add another murray to their side next year?.. some good games coming up this week.. wod saints vs beechworth could be a tight one, good test for tallangatta against yack which i think has potential to be a danger game for yack, good chance to judge where rutherglen are at against barny, and who woulda thought come round 3 mitta and thurgoona would both be sitting in the top 3 with only 1% separating them so interesting see if the dogs are competitve against everyone's flag favourites. any predictions....
ill go;

I agree on the winners Benchy, but add 30 points to each margin and we might be closer.

A gentlemen by the name of Noel Coutts was a very interested onlooker too I'm led to believe.;)

ill go;

I wouldn't read too much into the fact that Budge was at the game. So was Matt, Robbie and most of the Murray family, watching Derek & John. As for Coutts being there, he just lives around the corner & it was the only game on in Albury so I would expect that many good footballers/ex-footballers would've been in the massive crowd.

A gentlemen by the name of Noel Coutts was a very interested onlooker too I'm led to believe.;)

It wouldn't have been had to pick big Lurch out of a crowd with him being 6'7. If doggies snared him even at age 38 would be a massive inclusion, no pun intended. I see what RS was saying as many spectators would be there with no footy on, perhaps Noel was just looking in as he made his way to the Golf Club for the afternoon ;).

I haven't heard anything of this nature for a while about the doggies, however not saying that it is not true. But i know Thurgoona are on the verge of another big signing with allegiences to the assistant coach that could see them right in the mix.:cool:

You two are good, very good! Anything you wish to tell us?

trapping dingos? bird watching? catching rabbits? jed clampit i doubt you'd even get a gig at the ettamouga wild life sanctuary. im even surprised they have internet access in moe/mitta.
whats the problem with thurgoona mm? have you had a bad experience with the boys at the goon? not one bloke gives a toss about conway. maccas the one they go to the kinross for.
its pretty easy to sit on yer thrown and point the finger at clubs that have struggled in the past given youve probably just bought yourselves another premiership. the boys at the goon have worked hard to turn around a club that was the laughing stock of the league to hopefully build a bit of respectability. yeah you blokes will probably win another one but it must be a pretty shallow feeling knowing that eventually (when you run out of money) its gonna come back and bite you. when the boys at the goon eventually win one at least it will be through hard work and based on merit.

Porch thanks for your reply. Have not had a bad experience with Thurgoona at all, just don't enjoy going to football and seeing 40 goal margins. Glad to see you are getting it together this year. However, like every Tallangatta league person, we have heard it all b4, just saying, keep a lid on it. As for winning another one this year, there would not be a person in Mitta thinking we have it won. There are a couple of good sides about, yourselves included at this stage, we won't be taking anyone lightly. My final point, buying a premiership, I recon everyone out there would no mitta just doesn't spend the cash that other clubs do. Success breads success, its simple. The footy club has something up there that other clubs don't. That is what equals premierships not the $. Try speaking to anyone past or present about why they play for Mitta and they will all tell you its not for the cash. Good day to you monkey and good luck Saturday, I look forward to watching a good game. :thumbsu:

I wish:D Alan is a brother to Dek and Johnny thats why he was there just visiting for the weekend. Hope you had a good day out there RHG and i hope you bought a membership so we see you again. :thumbsu:

I wish:D Alan is a brother to Dek and Johnny thats why he was there just visiting for the weekend. Hope you had a good day out there RHG and i hope you bought a membership so we see you again. :thumbsu:
Yeah thanks NOP i had a good day the pies were hot and the beer was cold. Didn't get around to buying a membership but will be out to watch you boys go around again at some stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back