Tallangatta League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to circulate the rumour mill a little more. Paul Giltrap, James Hodgkin and Paul Hodgkin will all be suiting up for mitta at some stage in the next 2 - 3 weeks. Expect Shaun Harper to be back also. Tom Paton in the seconds this week and Jiggs Paton another few weeks away. All players mentioned are multiple TDFL premiership players. Should be a great game at Eskdale 2morrow between Thurgoona and mitta. The mountain men are looking forward to the challenge

is this just a rumor what about fraser??

Beating Tallangatta and Dederang doesn't mean we have to bow to you every time we see you AD!!!
Thurgoona has done a great job in building a side over the last few years, but Id like to wait a few games until I get on the Doggies bandwagon.
Ill reserve my judgement until you play a side that will finish above 7th.
Thats a fair enough call too. I know the boys at Thurgoona do prefer to earn the respect then you know its genuine. But good too see the ball is starting to roll although albeit slowly

Beating Tallangatta and Dederang doesn't mean we have to bow to you every time we see you AD!!!
Thurgoona has done a great job in building a side over the last few years, but Id like to wait a few games until I get on the Doggies bandwagon.
Ill reserve my judgement until you play a side that will finish above 7th.

I believe I was talking to Mountain Man not you KITM. I personally couldn't give a rats if you wait a few games or wait til the end of 2010, the fact remains I didn't ask for your judgement.
I'm not asking anyone to bow either KITM I simply asked if MM had changed his views on Thurgoona. Just an A and B conversation so you should C your way out of it. :thumbsdown:

Thats a fair enough call too. I know the boys at Thurgoona do prefer to earn the respect then you know its genuine. But good too see the ball is starting to roll although albeit slowly

I do beleive I asked are Thurgoona gaining a little respect NOP? NOT Thurgoona should demand respect! Re-read my post to MM and put into context NOP.

I believe I was talking to Mountain Man not you KITM. I personally couldn't give a rats if you wait a few games or wait til the end of 2010, the fact remains I didn't ask for your judgement.
I'm not asking anyone to bow either KITM I simply asked if MM had changed his views on Thurgoona. Just an A and B conversation so you should C your way out of it. :thumbsdown:

Get off your high horse AD. If your going to have a conversation thats not meant to be commented on by anyone, don't do it on a public forum. :thumbsdown:

Get off your high horse AD. If your going to have a conversation thats not meant to be commented on by anyone, don't do it on a public forum. :thumbsdown:

Fair enough KITM, but at the end of the day I don't care what bandwagon you decide to jump on or off and I didn't ask for your judgement. I was talking to MM. Quite simple really.:cool:

But since you feel alienated with all things that don't concern you I'll let you in on the conversation, you should (and more than likely have) take note of what I said to NOP. I don't expect anyone to bow down, I simply asked Are Thurgoona starting to gain a little respect? Your looking at a club that has matched it's seasons tally of wins from last year already. MM stated they looking forward to a good contest, now you compare that to what they probably thought the week leading up to the same game last year and they would have laughed it off. That to me suggests Mitta may have a little respect for Thurgoona. Just an initial question not a statement.

I believe my reply was too KITM not to you although i do know where you are coming from AD

Get off your high horse NOP. If your going to have a conversation thats not meant to be commented on by anyone, don't do it on a public forum blah blah blah :D

I'm like a kid in a lolly shop boys, so many former quotes so little time.
Should I start with the obvious or the most recent??????
Let's start with the latter, KITM......should I get off my high horse now so you can bow down to me or should I wait til we beat a side that'll finish above 7th??? Be a fair chance Thurgoona may, just may have earned a little respect from Mitta given MM's change of stance in a previous post?? should you consider jumping into someone elses converstation in future or just keep your reserved judgement for people who really care for it KITM??? Being a previous employee of the Thurgoona Football Club you'd think a little bit respect may be warranted.......No??

MM.......Where to start??? Lets defuse one of the myths you brought to the table, in Thurgoona were going to get Nick Conway??? Did he play?? That's right he missed two sitters that SHOULD have won you the game. Was he scared of all those big bad Thurgoona players that were going to get him as YOU so pubicly displayed or was he just plain terrible? Two set shots that were lucky to even rate as points when the game was in the balance. Geezus we're disappointed we didn't snaffle him!!
I RECKON THURGOONA MAY HAVE GOT ON WITH IT AND JUST PLAYED FOOTY MM AS PER YOUR REQUEST!!!!!!
(Note to all other league teams: COHEN has spent some considerable time on an air compressor over the off/pre season).

To the rest of the fine folk on Big Footy I apologise, I just had to express my widely critized views to the two worldly gentlemen who appear to know all above! Chicken 38 (aka Sandra Sully) no need to reply as your views are just rubbish.
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Let's start with the latter, KITM......should I get off my high horse now so you can bow down to me or should I wait til we beat a side that'll finish above 7th??? Be a fair chance Thurgoona may, just may have earned a little respect from Mitta given MM's change of stance in a previous post?? should you consider jumping into someone elses converstation in future or just keep your reserved judgement for people who really care for it KITM??? Being a previous employee of the Thurgoona Football Club you'd think a little bit respect may be warranted.......No??

MM.......Where to start??? Lets defuse one of the myths you brought to the table, in Thurgoona were going to get Nick Conway??? Did he play?? That's right he missed two sitters that SHOULD have won you the game. Was he scared of all those big bad Thurgoona players that were going to get him as YOU so pubicly displayed or was he just plain terrible? Two set shots that were lucky to even rate as points when the game was in the balance. Geezus we're disappointed we didn't snaffle him!!
I RECKON THURGOONA MAY HAVE GOT ON WITH IT AND JUST PLAYED FOOTY MM AS PER YOUR REQUEST!!!!!!
(Note to all other league teams: COHEN has spent some considerable time on an air compressor over the off/pre season).

To the rest of the fine folk on Big Footy I apologise, I just had to express my widely critized views to the two worldly gentlemen who appear to know all above! Chicken 38 (aka Sandra Sully) no need to reply as your views are just rubbish.
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Gotta tell you boys, Im Kiewa blood through and through but to read your posts AD I gotta say you have kitm and mm checkmate. We shared the car raffle with you boys last year and gotta say you boys were very prof and are going places. cheer cheer for a changing of the guard. carn the hawkers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bus crash.... We only have horse and cart up there RS. On a serious note though, people are sick to death of the whole Thurgoona thing. Conway, the Kinross, premiership contention,recruits, etc. Perhaps the funniest thing of all "its going to be an interesting game when Thurggona plays Mitta" - what a joke!

I hope they can take some constructive criticism. Forget all the bitching, moaning and predicting and get some results on the field. You have been the laughing stock of country footy along with Whunghu for the last 20 years. The pride of a footy club isn't one on an internet chat site.

Worth thinking about. Good luck

your rite mm it was worth thinkin about. enjoy your humble pie buddy.

Barny had a big win Big Al, can you enlighten us a little on Rutherglen? I was under the impression from a couple of posts back that they'd picked up a couple. Were they bad or are Barny just playing some good footy?
Jason Hollard with a lazy 8 goals isn't a bad effort given that next to Barbs from Kiewa he would nearly be the oldest bloke in the league. Player of the round to I'm led to believe. Who will he share the drink card at Eddies Tavern with Switch the play?:D

Ladies and gentlemen, Hell has frozen over!!:eek:

I don't follow them, but I have a few mates that play for them and I gotta congradulate Thurgoona on beating Mitta up there! So many people had Mitta 1st and daylight 2nd this year (me included) and with the dogs getting up it may just change the complection of the year.

Does anyone agree or is it more likely that this is a minor speed bump for Mitta?

I don't follow them, but I have a few mates that play for them and I gotta congradulate Thurgoona on beating Mitta up there! So many people had Mitta 1st and daylight 2nd this year (me included) and with the dogs getting up it may just change the complection of the year.

Does anyone agree or is it more likely that this is a minor speed bump for Mitta?
Well NOP and AD consider me on the band wagon if there is any room. Well see if this a minor speed bump this week when Mitta play Kiewa. Didn't see the game boys was watching the Hume league at Urana Rd But you guys must have played out of your skin.:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Scores would indicate that Mitta are not at their fittest yet, as the dogs have kicked 1.7 to 0.4 in the last quarter. Well done to the dogs, they have had plenty to say on here, but it appears they may have a reason to. The trick for the dogs heirarchy will be to keep the boys feet planted firmly on the ground and not get too far ahead of themselves. Would be good to see a new team in the finals, but 3 wins don't get you there and there's a long way to go. Minor hiccup for Mitta, whilst it was a game they probably would've preferred to win, they are still a good side with a few to come back. The loss does however prove that season 2007 is not a one-horse race. Good for the comp I say.

Barny had a big win Big Al, can you enlighten us a little on Rutherglen? I was under the impression from a couple of posts back that they'd picked up a couple. Were they bad or are Barny just playing some good footy?
Jason Hollard with a lazy 8 goals isn't a bad effort given that next to Barbs from Kiewa he would nearly be the oldest bloke in the league. Player of the round to I'm led to believe. Who will he share the drink card at Eddies Tavern with Switch the play?:D

I hope to wake up and find out that yesterday was a bad dream, but the cricket was good wasn't it.

Beating Mitta at Mitta is a great win AD, credit where credit is due!!

Firstly congratulations to the Dogs on their win, changes complexion of the season, be interesting to see how the Blues respond against Kiewa this week. The Tiges Cats game was one sided the whole day. Rutherglen had no forward options as they were well and truely beat (4 goals for the day) and the tigers midfield had a day out. Ben Davis and Jules Day battled hard but they were the only 2 to even break even. To mention Thomson in their best was a joke as he played a kick behind all day and wasn't accountable at any stage. Surprised he didn't play fwd and at least give them an option to kick to. Jas had a day out and kicked the 1st four of the day but probably wouldn't need the drink card after drowning himself later that night at Barny.

To Yack followers, how bad has Jaz done his hammy? Strain or a couple of weeks?

Keep on KITM AD, I think you've got him scared :D.

Firstly congratulations to the Dogs on their win, changes complexion of the season, be interesting to see how the Blues respond against Kiewa this week. The Tiges Cats game was one sided the whole day. Rutherglen had no forward options as they were well and truely beat (4 goals for the day) and the tigers midfield had a day out. Ben Davis and Jules Day battled hard but they were the only 2 to even break even. To mention Thomson in their best was a joke as he played a kick behind all day and wasn't accountable at any stage. Surprised he didn't play fwd and at least give them an option to kick to. Jas had a day out and kicked the 1st four of the day but probably wouldn't need the drink card after drowning himself later that night at Barny.

Wouldnt you be. Out with a hammy at the minute, 150kg of aggression, look out forwards upon his return.:D

Well NOP and AD consider me on the band wagon if there is any room. Well see if this a minor speed bump this week when Mitta play Kiewa. Didn't see the game boys was watching the Hume league at Urana Rd But you guys must have played out of your skin.:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:
yeah thanks RHG there is plenty of room. But like i said previously buy a membership we will need the money when our reserve grade coach returns:D Everything travelling along nicely out our way however like it was mentioned in the paper not getting to far ahead of ourselves as a club we can't take nothing granted. I have noticed MM has gone a little quiet must be trapping wild dogs again.:D

Just a strain for Jazz Big Al, he iced it pretty well from the inside on Saturday night/Sunday morning I have been informed. an early morning boxing session on Sunday by the Yack boys as well i heard. Jazz got touched up, one bloke knocked out and Fraser a cut lip! friendly fire I was told!
Yack will be without 4 players next week as Josh Mathewson is getting married!
going to be a very young side taking the park at Mt Beauty next week for the Roos. got some very talented Thirds players coming up though with 7 already making their debut this year.
Tallangatta on Saturday were very hungry for a win and put up a gallant effort against our boys, Yack have cleared former player Tom McKenzie to the Hoppers so he can play a few games while home on holidays. The Hoppers will win a couple with him in the side. Also, where is Heath Naughton? Noticed his name in the record but did not see him at the game at all? He may have done a bit better on Purcell than "sleep-with-the-light-on" Kinross did (or didn't), the only kicks he got was when Yack kicked a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back