Tallangatta League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry MM, didn't realise we were picking a side on past performances. If that is the case, my side is:

B/ Peter Star, Darren Elliot, Jack Clancy
HB/ Lawrence Hodgkin, Ray Mack, Glen Page
C/ Brendan Way, Rod Barton, Nigel Lappin
HF/ Jade Culph, Roger Peters, Peter Copley
F/ Simon Corr, Ross Hillary, Travis Tytler.
R/ Daryl Butler, John Smith, Robbie Barber.

Some great players here. Many missing though. Brett Harrison multi league B and F winner, Ian Butler, Barney Brown, Anthony Ross, Frankie Bove, Alan Bongetti, Peter Brouwer and Brad Dixon.

Nigel Lappin never played TDFL, Chiltern were in the O&K so not sure why he is named.

Some great players here. Many missing though. Brett Harrison multi league B and F winner, Ian Butler, Barney Brown, Anthony Ross, Frankie Bove, Alan Bongetti, Peter Brouwer and Brad Dixon.

Nigel Lappin never played TDFL, Chiltern were in the O&K so not sure why he is named.

Wasn't really a side FD, just taking the mickey out of our friend from the mountains. Thanks for you suggestions tho. Others may like to suggest great TDFL players from the past.

Wasn't really a side FD, just taking the mickey out of our friend from the mountains. Thanks for you suggestions tho. Others may like to suggest great TDFL players from the past.

Would think Laurie "Turtle" McInnes would be worth mentioning. I think he won 4 Barton Medals, 3 in a row for Holbrook in the late 80's early 90's.

i've heard a rumour that nathan mossop from raiders has just been cleared to play for barny and will line up for them this weekend? can anyone confirm or deny this allegation?

i've heard a rumour that nathan mossop from raiders has just been cleared to play for barny and will line up for them this weekend? can anyone confirm or deny this allegation?
That would be no great loss to the Raiders JD. But you did just confirm something for me, that is that John Denver is full of shit. Clearances closed June 30 buddy!

Great pick up on Lappin FD. Brett Harrison was a gun wasnt he? I am too young to remember Rod Barton in is hey day, was he that good. All i can remember was that he had a big arse!

Great pick up on Lappin FD. Brett Harrison was a gun wasnt he? I am too young to remember Rod Barton in is hey day, was he that good. All i can remember was that he had a big arse!

In the words of Rodney Rude, Barto had an arse like 'an Anaconda swallowing a Piglet' Was a handy player no doubt. :D

Sorry MM, didn't realise we were picking a side on past performances. If that is the case, my side is:

B/ Peter Star, Darren Elliot, Jack Clancy
HB/ Lawrence Hodgkin, Ray Mack, Glen Page
C/ Brendan Way, Rod Barton, Nigel Lappin
HF/ Jade Culph, Roger Peters, Peter Copley
F/ Simon Corr, Ross Hillary, Travis Tytler.
R/ Daryl Butler, John Smith, Robbie Barber.
how do you have jade culph in this team?

Bit like your name sake you haven't been in the air long enough. This thread has become a centre of very humorous banter and sh#t slinging on Jade Culph, and Franzzzzie. Just catch up with the times you'll understand where that came from.

who wouldn't??? i would have him at CHF, FF , Ruck and on the ball. just so we could see him tap it down to himself, dash around the opposition midfielders (like his old man Flea used to do) jam it down his own throat at CHF, then stab pass to himself yet again 25 out. no doubt resulting in a goal and a lot of high fives to himself and waves to the crowd.
get up with the times Mr Denver, go back over the last 10 pages or so of this thread and you will understand.

I see Culphy has been dropped to Lavi 2's !!??!

This week's round looks a little one-sided, with the highlight of the round Tallangatta getting four points.
Tips for this week:
Kiewa to beat Dederang (45pts)
Barny to beat Rutherglen (19pts)
Beech to beat Saints (33pts)
Chiltern to beat Yack (11pts)
Yack very disappointing this year, looking thru the early pages of this thread, they were universally tipped to finish 1st or 2nd to Mitta. I know the season is not over yet, but they have not delivered. Sorry MTAG, but even you must be disappointed.

Was at the physio yesterday afternoon and he mentioned he had Glen Page in this morning for the first time for the year.Could this indicate he will play the last few games in DMB's push to the finals?i see he wasnt named in todays side but as we all know that counts for nothing.

hey culphmiester havnt heard from you in a while???? i see old timber dropped you from the ones this week whats the go there? didnt you give him the usuall mid-week blow job?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see Culphy has been dropped to Lavi 2's !!??!

This week's round looks a little one-sided, with the highlight of the round Tallangatta getting four points.
Tips for this week:
Kiewa to beat Dederang (45pts)
Barny to beat Rutherglen (19pts)
Beech to beat Saints (33pts)
Chiltern to beat Yack (11pts)
Yack very disappointing this year, looking thru the early pages of this thread, they were universally tipped to finish 1st or 2nd to Mitta. I know the season is not over yet, but they have not delivered. Sorry MTAG, but even you must be disappointed.

Was at the physio yesterday afternoon and he mentioned he had Glen Page in this morning for the first time for the year.Could this indicate he will play the last few games in DMB's push to the finals?i see he wasnt named in todays side but as we all know that counts for nothing.

to say the least AP! very disappointing. when i look back over the comments pre-season, it wasn't just me that had Yack highly rated, but that is the way the cookie crumbles. Ross Hillary is probably looking back wondering what happened to his side that he tried so hard to put together from last years 3rd placing. having his nephew Josh turn his back on a 2 year commitment and also taking Tommy Yates with him to Albury didn't start things well. then Marty and Nick Dillon did the same thing 2 weeks later only 2 weeks from the 1st game. it was unfortunate that Simon Corr got the radio gig as he was set to play. and to add insult to injury, Norm Ritchie decides to play for Wodonga 2's instead of Yack.
i know all clubs have their injuries and concerns, so dont take this as a bit of a whinge, and i can take it that our season hinges on a big couple of weeks. (who knows what the boys can do if they scrape into the finals.)
Jarrod Hillary is out for the rest of the year, strained medial i was told this morning.
my tip for the rest of the year, and it's no real rocket science, but Jack Rhodes will scoop the pool winning the Barton Medal on 34 votes, followed by Semmler on 23. Kiewa to win the flag over Mitta by 10 points in a thriller at Sandy Creek(Guantanamo) with Rhodes the BOG.

to say the least AP! very disappointing. when i look back over the comments pre-season, it wasn't just me that had Yack highly rated, but that is the way the cookie crumbles. Ross Hillary is probably looking back wondering what happened to his side that he tried so hard to put together from last years 3rd placing. having his nephew Josh turn his back on a 2 year commitment and also taking Tommy Yates with him to Albury didn't start things well. then Marty and Nick Dillon did the same thing 2 weeks later only 2 weeks from the 1st game. it was unfortunate that Simon Corr got the radio gig as he was set to play. and to add insult to injury, Norm Ritchie decides to play for Wodonga 2's instead of Yack.
i know all clubs have their injuries and concerns, so dont take this as a bit of a whinge, and i can take it that our season hinges on a big couple of weeks. (who knows what the boys can do if they scrape into the finals.)
Jarrod Hillary is out for the rest of the year, strained medial i was told this morning.
my tip for the rest of the year, and it's no real rocket science, but Jack Rhodes will scoop the pool winning the Barton Medal on 34 votes, followed by Semmler on 23. Kiewa to win the flag over Mitta by 10 points in a thriller at Sandy Creek(Guantanamo) with Rhodes the BOG.

it's ok you ain't whinging you are stating the facts....it's not a good sign when you see players jumping ship just before the season!!! was it a money issue???? Not much can be done after the season has started...has hillary worn out his contacts???? I think it will be mitta v barny in the gf ...with the doggies going out in straight sets....theb they will strike back next year...Rhodes does seem to have the barton medal around his neck....:D

it's ok you ain't whinging you are stating the facts....it's not a good sign when you see players jumping ship just before the season!!! was it a money issue???? Not much can be done after the season has started...has hillary worn out his contacts???? I think it will be mitta v barny in the gf ...with the doggies going out in straight sets....theb they will strike back next year...Rhodes does seem to have the barton medal around his neck....:D

Well, bbvflp, i thought i may get a bit of a verbal pasting but you can obviously feel my pain. not a money issue at all i have been told. Nick Dillon was travelling from Melb and Marty wanted to play footy with him. After Nick won a flag with Yack in the cricket he decided he didn't wanna travel. now Marty travels down to Melb to play with him. Nutter went to Albury wanting to have another crack at O & M, which most would not be upset about, but he did come to Yack with Jarrod and Aaron on what was meant to be a minimum 2 yr commitment.
i am with you on your thoughts about the Doggies. Don't be upset Thurgoona boys, it will do you the world of good to have a great year and taste finals footy and build on it next year. i noticed Tim Madden limping down the street today, is he OK or is it serious?? he didn't do much when Yack played them but showed (and looks like) he has potential to control a game if he puts his mind to it.

Well, bbvflp, i thought i may get a bit of a verbal pasting but you can obviously feel my pain. not a money issue at all i have been told. Nick Dillon was travelling from Melb and Marty wanted to play footy with him. After Nick won a flag with Yack in the cricket he decided he didn't wanna travel. now Marty travels down to Melb to play with him. Nutter went to Albury wanting to have another crack at O & M, which most would not be upset about, but he did come to Yack with Jarrod and Aaron on what was meant to be a minimum 2 yr commitment.
i am with you on your thoughts about the Doggies. Don't be upset Thurgoona boys, it will do you the world of good to have a great year and taste finals footy and build on it next year. i noticed Tim Madden limping down the street today, is he OK or is it serious?? he didn't do much when Yack played them but showed (and looks like) he has potential to control a game if he puts his mind to it.
What happened to Norm Ritchie MTAG? Is he playing now at all? Gee mate, Jarrod Hillary is a big loss for you blokes!

What happened to Norm Ritchie MTAG? Is he playing now at all? Gee mate, Jarrod Hillary is a big loss for you blokes!

Norm is Damian Slater's Brother in law i think and wanted to pplay with him for the rest of the year. He made his comeback at Martin Park and was over the ball when a bloke charged him. he heard a crack in his neck and the left side of this body was numb for a bit. he spent 7 hours lying flat on his back in hospital having scans. he is fine now, but will never play footy again, he has decided to retire. Jazz is a big loss yes, evident in all the games the boys have lost this year, they were smashed in the middle again today and Chiltern don't even have an on ball brigade to talk about. they won't go past the 1st Sunday of the Finals i am afraid. curtains for my Yack boys now, time to look to 2008 and secure a couple of blokes that can lead the club to a period of success. the feelers are out, and look forward to hearing all the rumours and innuendo come October.

Just for the purpose of generating discussion. Im going to have a go at selecting a team for the TDFL......with a slight twist.

Imposed Selection criteria: Must select 2 players from each club

B: Watson (Thur), Sutherland (KSC), Vardy (WS)
HB: C Nelson (MU), Fraser (Yack), Brand (Chilt)
C: Surrey (Beech), Semler (Barny), Rogers (Barny)
HF: Dicketts (DMB), Purcell (Yack), Beggs (MU)
F: Halliday (Beech), Andrews (Chilt), Murray (Thur)
FOLL: Tafft (Ruth), Rhodes (KSC), Davis (Ruth)
I/C: Duff (DMB), Butters (WS) Strauchan (Tall), McGuire (Tall)

Making the 2 players per club rule meant that many deserving players missed out.

APOLOGIES
Cameron (KSC), Day (Ruth), Hill (DMB), McVean (KSC), Petrovic (KSC), Thompson (Ruth), Withers (Barny), Ladgrove (Chilt), Mounsey (DMB), Fraser (MU), Hillary (Yack), Toon (Thur), Franz (Thur), Butler (MU), Jones (MU), Allen (Beech), McGregor (MU), Packer (MU), Rose (Yack), Hargraves (Barny), Hunter (Thur), Wightman (Thur), Donaldson (Ruth), Roberts (Yack), Tuenon (MU) and many more im sure

Please feel free to have a go at selecting a team using the "2 players per club" criteria

Tims alright just a sprained ankle. He is having a reasonable year considering he gets the best tall defender each week and some are the best players in the comp. Have to remember he is still only 20 years old and playing his second year of senior footy and at CHF (hardest position on the ground especially at Thurgoona) so he will become one of the comps elite within the next 3 or 4 years.

Just noticed that Derek Murray was the only player from this league selected in the VCFL District side. What happend to Rhodes i thought he was in it as well. Does that mean you guys will be without him this week NOP. Hope not because i remember what happened the last time you guys played without him. ( Not that i'm saying his a one man band) I suppose you'll need your other fwds to stand up in his absence. On another note very predictable rould fo footy last round, Beechworth seem to be in good form, will be tested this week and next week though. Barny struggled to shake Rutherglen, and Kiewa did to DMB what everyone expected. Thought todays Birder Mail was getting a bit ahead of itself saying that Chiltern will be playing Barny in an elimination final. I'm not over educated in maths but can't barny still get into the top 3. But it's all elimentary i suppose we will just have to see the way the cookie crumbles.

[Thought todays Birder Mail was getting a bit ahead of itself saying that Chiltern will be playing Barny in an elimination final. I'm not over educated in maths but can't barny still get into the top 3. But it's all elimentary i suppose we will just have to see the way the cookie crumbles.[/quote]

my thoughts on the border mail...they have either been behind the eight ball this year or jumping mountains ...they seem to give the coreen league a good wrap every week and some other leagues a piss ant write up....or sometimes miss the big games....are you reading this site the border mail guys:Di think barny will slip in to top 3 but chiltern will end up 6th....

Just noticed that Derek Murray was the only player from this league selected in the VCFL District side. What happend to Rhodes i thought he was in it as well. Does that mean you guys will be without him this week NOP. Hope not because i remember what happened the last time you guys played without him. ( Not that i'm saying his a one man band) I suppose you'll need your other fwds to stand up in his absence. On another note very predictable rould fo footy last round, Beechworth seem to be in good form, will be tested this week and next week though. Barny struggled to shake Rutherglen, and Kiewa did to DMB what everyone expected. Thought todays Birder Mail was getting a bit ahead of itself saying that Chiltern will be playing Barny in an elimination final. I'm not over educated in maths but can't barny still get into the top 3. But it's all elimentary i suppose we will just have to see the way the cookie crumbles.

I no mitta had 3 players selected in the training squad also, Nick Fraser, Chris Nelson and Alexandria Beggs. I also noticed the border mail article. How does that get past the editor? :)

My view of the Border Mail Coverage is
Ovens and Murray-Always 1st class
TDFL-Very good
Hume FL-Pretty Good
Murray-Pretty Good
Coreen-Over hyped considering only 6 clubs
Upper Murray-Poor, compared to Coreen with same number of clubs
Farrar, Riverina-Fair
Picola, Benalla Leagues-Carefactor-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad